Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consolidated Asset Recovery Systems named one of 25 NC companies to watch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBONE2011 View Post
    ARBTEXAS.

Thanks for the reply , and just so everyone knows, we have tried to remedy this problem. We all understand that the market is in a weird place right now and that this is our slow part of season. What my main concern is if CARS is truly using this system of the senior agents get the work first and then the newly signed on companies, then how will we ever see work ? Will it roll down to us once they cant find the unit or are just tired of working the same paper ? Also my biggest issue was i know personally that credit unions have called in and requested our services specifically and yet we still did not receive the assignment. Again thank you for the comment but we have tried to fix this , and for the record kelly is a very nice and professional lady to speak with, she treated me well.
    Hey TBONE

Let me clarify one thing...we assign out cases to agents based on performance not seniority. We do have quite a few agents waiting on their first assignments so they can get trained on our system. We also don't roll down cases when an agent gets tired of working it or can't locate the unit. If an agent has no luck on a case that has been worked thoroughly, it is usually submitted to skip depending on the lender's wishes. As our case load picks ups(which will hopefully be soon), we will be able to add on more agents. No one likes to wait but all I ask is for a little patience...your turn will come. Please call me @ 888.930.8881 x117 from 9 to 6 EST to discuss the credit union that has requested your services. If it's after my normal work hours, PM me and I will give you my cell #. Have you advised the credit union to notate in the case notes to assign it to you? If not, we have no way of knowing if they have a preferred agent.

Kel

Comment

hoping to see my first assignment!!!

Comment

Being an agent with CARS

First let me say that I am the one who brings agents on board with CARS. I have told and continue to tell agents that want to work with CARS that we are full in some areas (where already have a high number of repo agents) and that we would keep their info on file for when and if we ever do need them. I have never told anyone about CARS using senior agents and they would be used over a new one. That is hogwash.

Second, let me say that after all the paperwork is processed, (zips/insurance verification etc) it is then I send out an email to that agent saying that the agent is now a part of the CARS family and I will be just waiting on their first case assignment in order for me to train them directly on the CARS website. I also write in big letters, that I have no idea when that first case assignment will be. Please note that the lenders are responsible for the cases that are assigned out by CARS. So if you are in a area (MT or WY or KS or something, it could be a while). Just like in an area where we have alot of agents, it could also be a while until you are selected to be used. That is process with all agents on CARS. You are selected by zip codes (and also performance later on).

I do not promise any number or amount of cases to ANY agent. If an agent comes to us via a preferred from a specific lender request (and verified this to be true) they are inputted on the CARS website and it is up to that LENDER to select them to be used (but they are available to all lenders as all our agents who I send the (Welcome to CARS) email.

Any other questions, concerns, issues, problems, call me directly at 919-647-9359 or email me at virignia.parrish@ez-recovery (or talk with SeaKelly).

Comment

Originally posted by vparrish View Post
          First let me say that I am the one who brings agents on board with CARS. I have told and continue to tell agents that want to work with CARS that we are full in some areas (where already have a high number of repo agents) and that we would keep their info on file for when and if we ever do need them. I have never told anyone about CARS using senior agents and they would be used over a new one. That is hogwash.

Second, let me say that after all the paperwork is processed, (zips/insurance verification etc) it is then I send out an email to that agent saying that the agent is now a part of the CARS family and I will be just waiting on their first case assignment in order for me to train them directly on the CARS website. I also write in big letters, that I have no idea when that first case assignment will be. Please note that the lenders are responsible for the cases that are assigned out by CARS. So if you are in a area (MT or WY or KS or something, it could be a while). Just like in an area where we have alot of agents, it could also be a while until you are selected to be used. That is process with all agents on CARS. You are selected by zip codes (and also performance later on).

I do not promise any number or amount of cases to ANY agent. If an agent comes to us via a preferred from a specific lender request (and verified this to be true) they are inputted on the CARS website and it is up to that LENDER to select them to be used (but they are available to all lenders as all our agents who I send the (Welcome to CARS) email.

Any other questions, concerns, issues, problems, call me directly at 919-647-9359 or email me at virignia.parrish@ez-recovery (or talk with SeaKelly).

I Know this to be true

Comment

Consolidates Asset Recovery

Any comments on this company?

Comment

CARS is a good forwarder to work with and Va Repo supports CARS...

I secured collateral for CARS for a few years and although they were not a high-volume client, the work they did give to my team was usually solid work that was normally easy to secure and then they normally had us paid very quickly for our services compared to other forwarders we were securing collateral for.

If you meet their requirements and they want you to be a part of their team, I would suggest creating a business relationship with them as I imagine it will be a good thing for your team. Quality, not quantity...

Maybe one day CARS will realize the realities of the technology I created as I was perfectly securing their collateral for all those years and they will look deeper into working with me now so their clients and vendors can get even further ahead through repo companies providing better services... which would help generate a higher volume of work for everyone...

Comment

Originally posted by VaRepo View Post
                I secured collateral for CARS for a few years and although they were not a high-volume client, the work they did give to my team was usually solid work that was normally easy to secure and then they normally had us paid very quickly for our services compared to other forwarders we were securing collateral for.

If you meet their requirements and they want you to be a part of their team, I would suggest creating a business relationship with them as I imagine it will be a good thing for your team. Quality, not quantity...

Maybe one day CARS will realize the realities of the technology I created as I was perfectly securing their collateral for all those years and they will look deeper into working with me now so their clients and vendors can get even further ahead through repo companies providing better services... which would help generate a higher volume of work for everyone...
                CARS does pay well but I fear that industry pressures are forcing them to do things, "favored nation pricing", that go against the grain with regards to actually operating a recovery agency, financially speaking that is.

We have two business models, recovery and forwarding, at odds with each other and somewhere along the line something has to change!

CARS has a lot of quality agents on their list but what good is that list if agencies are forced to operate in the red zone because of the poor and cut throat business models of the forwarding agencies?

What is happening right now is that quality agents / agencies are reducing their operations to a bare bones minimum and even closing up shop because of these unfair and financially devastating business practices brought forward by the forwarding agencies.

So that being said, IF CARS is truly supportive of the recovery agency then PLEASE do away with the Favored Nation Pricing!

CARS, yes you...Stand tall and united with thousands of agents across the country who are telling you "Favored Nation Pricing" is bad for business, forces agencies to cut corners and does not promote a fair and competitive environment of open competition. It actually creates a closed environment of competition, one that forces cut throat, deceptive and unfair practices to occur which in the end will actually come to hurt your clients!

Comment

I understand completely...

The only thing is that is if CARS says no to what their clients are requesting, then their clients will simply go to their competition who IS agreeing to these fee structures and CARS will simply lose the business that could have come their way. They are in the same position that most repo companies are also in and it forces them to comply or lose work just like their repo companies.

The answer must be that repo companies need to be able to produce better results so the clients keep coming to CARS for the work their vendors provide. I like how the heart of the employees at CARS are in the right place and how they do business and unless they have agents that work with them, then the work will simply go to another forwarder that will not have the same tactics or morals.

If you all also enjoy working with CARS, then you need to provide them with superior services that make their clients WANT to send the work to CARS so you get more of it and until they truly WANT to send the work to CARS, CARS will always be in a position where their clients can string them along with the same carrot they are forced dangle in front of the repo companies.

I can help with this and make it so CARS has more ammunition in their conversations so they can justify the higher rates that repo companies want and need to survive by making it so their repo companies produce a higher level of services and force the clients to come through CARS so they can get these superior services.

CARS is in a tough spot as they struggle to survive in this dog-eat-dog industry and simply asking them to refuse the fees their clients are requesting will only slow them down... The change has to be in the level of services provided to repo clients so the clients feel that they are getting better services for the higher price. It will never work out if everyone simply keeps submitting BS updates with no detail and demanding a higher price than the competition. Only when repo companies provide better services, they should get paid better rates, but most of you are still running with old or no software and there is no way that the clients are going to accept BS services and paying out the a$$ for it.

If you want more work and to get paid better for this work, you need to begin documenting better services and providing services that your competition is not able to match, or else you are just wasting your time and efforts and you will be forced to deal with whatever prices are set for you.

I ran a repo company for nearly a decade and it wasn't until we began producing and documenting a higher level of services that my team began having a little power when it comes to fee structures and who we did business with.

The problem is not CARS, the problem is the load of BS services that some repo companies still provide and it forces our entire industry to deal with BS prices as nobody wants to pay top dollar for ordinary services.

If your updates say "This address was checked and there are no vehicles at this time", "Agent attempted contact, and will try again later" or "This address is a single family home and no contact was attempted", then your team is part of why no clients want to pay more $ and it is it's time to take the industry back by providing better services, not just by saying that we will not accept rock bottom prices. Only then will the higher fees be accepted.

If your updates look like this, "This address appears to be occupied at this time. This address a 4 story apartment building with outside stairwells. This address has lot parking reserved by stickers. The Field Agent made contact at this address and spoke with a Hispanic female approximately in their late- thirties. This person is not the customer and they state not knowing the customer. Our Field Agent was able to make contact with a neighbor at dwelling number 104 who is an African American female approximately in their late- twenties. This person did not provide any useful information regarding the customer or collateral." then the clients will want to pay you more for your efforts.
                  This update was also generated using the repo app I created and the only text the field agent actually entered was "104"... this is also only one of the over 15,000 repo updates it creates and until your team begins creating information like this, then you will never be able to justify a higher rate for your efforts.

Only you can control the level of services you provide to your clients and unless you are on this level, then how do you truly expect the clients to desire your services? CARS can not control this, but they can begin pushing for higher rates when their vendors constantly provide information along this level.

Comment

The answer must be that repo companies need to be able to produce better results so the clients keep coming to CARS for the work their vendors
                    Wow...I can't believe you wrote this?
                    How much better results do you think one can deliver on a contingent basis...or delivering for free for 50 miles?

In the old days maybe one could kick the mule so it could pull the wagon an extra mile bit that doesn't work on a tow truck or a driver who must get paid.

CARS is in a tough spot as they struggle to survive in this dog-eat-dog industry and simply asking them to refuse the fees their clients are requesting will only slow them down...
                    Are you kidding me here ??? Who is in a tough spot here ???
                    How have our fees been reduce over the years...and by forwarders ???
                    Why is it agents have slowed down...uhh... Contingent ??? Free ???

The problem is not CARS, the problem is the load of BS services that some repo companies still provide and it forces our entire industry to deal with BS prices as nobody wants to pay top dollar for ordinary services.
                    CARS is not the sole reason for our problems today you are correct in implying that. Part of the problem today is the new requirements they are now imposing...in order to compete with other cut throat forwarders...who want to see who wins in the race of sucking the life out of, crippling this industry to the point where it truly becomes financially impossible to earn a decent profit on not only your efforts but also on the huge financial investment on makes in opening and operating their recovery agency...yes the guys with the trucks who risk their lives every day they go out on an assignment.

Imagine that, an industry where we get to compete with each other...lets see ...who can run the most accounts for free, get the most results for the clients for free....

The guy who does the most for free, the winner of this competition..... do some basic accounting and see how much it really cost you to do all that work...FOR FREE !!!

Bad updates are a byproduct of no pay for services rendered...you get what you pay for...or do not pay for.

Comment

If you are going to do something, you might as well do it right...

"The answer must be that repo companies need to be able to produce better results so the clients keep coming to CARS for the work their vendors"

I stand behind this comment and everyone needs to realize that until they can sell that they produce the best results, then they will not catch the attention of the potential clients they really want. If repo companies accept the work, they should be willing to produce professional results if for no other reason, but to promote their company image so the lienholder gets a good taste in their mouth about the repo company and the mentality of "If I don't get this, I don't get anything so I'm not going to provide superior services." will only hurt a repo company.
                      All too often, I would be logged into the portals for the forwarders and as I read the previous updates from all of our competition, I would see that they are getting BS updates and these BS updates are what they have to give to their clients... If you are willing to put you name on an assignment and say that your team will work it, you should be willing to provide services that you believe your competition can not match because this will not only get you more work from the forwarder, but also give the repo team a belief deep down that they are the best, which is easy to sell to potential clients.
                      I also believe there should be more focus put on a positive resolution fee because nothing hurts more than providing services that create positive resolutions and then no money is kicked back to the repo company for their services. No close would be ok for the team I used to run because within a few days, they normally either the collateral was picked up, the account was paid up or the addresses were dead-ended… If you can’t get something going through door knocks or phone calls, then what did you really do for the lienholder?

"CARS is in a tough spot as they struggle to survive in this dog-eat-dog industry and simply asking them to refuse the fees their clients are requesting will only slow them down..."

Regardless of if we like it or not, forwarders are here and as long as they control a majority of the work, then repo companies will have them in the middle. And the prices have been reduced because joke repo companies have jumped into this industry and let the clients know that the work can be done for less than most of us can do it for. If all repo companies were on the same page, then this could never have happened and I even had competition only 20 miles from me that was offering invol repo's for $100 which is just stupid but it cost me a lot of work very quickly in my area.
                      Repo companies either need to stop accepting work from forwarders and shut them all down from the inside, or accept their work and provide superior services until something better comes along... simply providing weak services will only help drive the price down as it is less valuable.
                      Also, I could have 50-60 addresses updated with professional updates for $100 and if you can't, then it's time to get ahold of me so I can show you how.

"The problem is not CARS, the problem is the load of BS services that some repo companies still provide and it forces our entire industry to deal with BS prices as nobody wants to pay top dollar for ordinary services."

I do find it extremely irritating that forwarders came into the picture talking about how they will help repo companies working the assignments correctly and then they do not pay attention to the work they are doing and although these systems are set up to keep everything on the little guy, the little guy can see when this happens and it would be nice if the clients were able to see how real this issue is as well... like when the repo company dead-ends an address and they send new addresses that is a PO box... or they ask for updates on addresses that are already dead-ended... or they give you an address that was already on the assignment... Repo companies can tell that these employees are simply doing things to keep the system happy so the responsibility is back on the repo companies... There are some forwarders that is painfully obvious that the employees don't have any interest in providing any real attention on the assignments, but this was not normally the case with CARS assignments. It also kinda hurts that many forwarders make more than the repo companies doing the work out in the field… If one risks their life, and the other risks a paper cut, the money should mostly go to the repo companies…
                      If you want better prices for your services, you have to have a superior team in place and know deep down that your competition can’t touch your capabilities and then have the documentation to back it up and having the mentality of “Less pay means I don’t have to work as hard” will keep most on the bottom. Standing out with a professional image on the internet and a reputation for being the best will give you the confidence and ammunition needed to convince your potential and existing clients that they truly WANT your services enough to pay you more than they would pay elsewhere.
                      That’s where Va Repo comes in…

Comment

The only thing is that is if CARS says no to what their clients are requesting, then their clients will simply go to their competition who IS agreeing to these fee structures and CARS will simply lose the business that could have come their way. They are in the same position that most repo companies are also in and it forces them to comply or lose work just like their repo companies.

The answer must be that repo companies need to be able to produce better results so the clients keep coming to CARS for the work their vendors provide. I like how the heart of the employees at CARS are in the right place and how they do business and unless they have agents that work with them, then the work will simply go to another forwarder that will not have the same tactics or morals.

If you all also enjoy working with CARS, then you need to provide them with superior services that make their clients WANT to send the work to CARS so you get more of it and until they truly WANT to send the work to CARS, CARS will always be in a position where their clients can string them along with the same carrot they are forced dangle in front of the repo companies.

I can help with this and make it so CARS has more ammunition in their conversations so they can justify the higher rates that repo companies want and need to survive by making it so their repo companies produce a higher level of services and force the clients to come through CARS so they can get these superior services.

CARS is in a tough spot as they struggle to survive in this dog-eat-dog industry and simply asking them to refuse the fees their clients are requesting will only slow them down... The change has to be in the level of services provided to repo clients so the clients feel that they are getting better services for the higher price. It will never work out if everyone simply keeps submitting BS updates with no detail and demanding a higher price than the competition. Only when repo companies provide better services, they should get paid better rates, but most of you are still running with old or no software and there is no way that the clients are going to accept BS services and paying out the a$$ for it.

If you want more work and to get paid better for this work, you need to begin documenting better services and providing services that your competition is not able to match, or else you are just wasting your time and efforts and you will be forced to deal with whatever prices are set for you.

I ran a repo company for nearly a decade and it wasn't until we began producing and documenting a higher level of services that my team began having a little power when it comes to fee structures and who we did business with.

If your updates say "This address was checked and there are no vehicles at this time", "Agent attempted contact, and will try again later" or "This address is a single family home and no contact was attempted", then your team is part of why no clients want to pay more $ and it is it's time to take the industry back by providing better services, not just by saying that we will not accept rock bottom prices. Only then will the higher fees be accepted.

If your updates look like this, "This address appears to be occupied at this time. This address a 4 story apartment building with outside stairwells. This address has lot parking reserved by stickers. The Field Agent made contact at this address and spoke with a Hispanic female approximately in their late- thirties. This person is not the customer and they state not knowing the customer. Our Field Agent was able to make contact with a neighbor at dwelling number 104 who is an African American female approximately in their late- twenties. This person did not provide any useful information regarding the customer or collateral." then the clients will want to pay you more for your efforts.
                        This update was also generated using the repo app I created and the only text the field agent actually entered was "104"... this is also only one of the over 15,000 repo updates it creates and until your team begins creating information like this, then you will never be able to justify a higher rate for your efforts.

Only you can control the level of services you provide to your clients and unless you are on this level, then how do you truly expect the clients to desire your services? CARS can not control this, but they can begin pushing for higher rates when their vendors constantly provide information along this level.
                        So your software makes false updates how does it generate an update by Inputting a number? I also believe it was consolidated who sent out multiple emails requesting ethnicity not be named in updates and customers or neighbors you interact with must be described as male or female. Not bashing just don't understand how entering in a number gives you an update? Wouldn't it be better to actually run the address and put factual info in the update?

Comment

Lol at false updates... that's far from what is happening...

Nope, the number has nothing to do with creating the update... What I meant was that the only text that was manually entered into the update was the dwelling number "104". The rest of the update was created by the Field Agent answering questions that were asked by the app.

It asks things like "What are you looking at?", "How many stories do you see?", "Does this address have lot parking?", "What race is the person you spoke with?" etc... It only asks the questions needed at that address and the answers to the questions not only guide the field agent through the appropriate screens, but it also creates these amazing high-detail updates that are ready to copy\paste to any client. The bottom line is that field agents are severely limited in what they can manually enter into the updates and this keeps the updates professional and repeatable, regardless of who is creating the update.

And yes, CARS has asked that their updates do not contain physical descriptions of people that the agents spoke with, but this is something that is in place because many agents will add inappropriate descriptions of people that are frowned upon by the clients. But, every single time a field agent using our repo app creates one, it will only allow them to select a race, sex and approximate age... nothing more can be added to the description of these people because the app asks specific questions and only allows buttons to be selected, not a manual text entry.

And if CARS does not want more detail in their updates, then these details can be removed from the update before putting it into the IBEAM portal, but the repo company will always have this information and it allows repo companies to better prove their field efforts in a repeatable and safe fashion. Eventually, CARS will realize that this new ability to pull professional people descriptions is available and they will want these details but until then, the rest of your clients can enjoy having access to this information and CARS updates will simply be less thorough than what you give you other clients.

In fact there is no way to even create ANY update until the field agent is within 1 mile of the address and even then the app captures the field agent location when they create any update so not only is a repo company able to pull a higher level of information from the field, but any information generated through the application is also backed by technology that has requirements in place to ensure that the agent is actually out there and not sitting on their couch.

There is nothing fake about the updates created by our repo app and the whole idea behind it is to allow repo companies to better prove their efforts so their clients no longer have to wonder if the updates ARE fake.

I hope this helps you understand what we have created and how it helps. Below is a 60 second teaser video that shows the basic idea of how updates are created by field agents using our app. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n6gif0XR90

Comment

Nope, the number has nothing to do with creating the update... What I meant was that the only text that was manually entered into the update was the dwelling number "104". The rest of the update was created by the Field Agent answering questions that were asked by the app.

It asks things like "What are you looking at?", "How many stories do you see?", "Does this address have lot parking?", "What race is the person you spoke with?" etc... It only asks the questions needed at that address and the answers to the questions not only guide the field agent through the appropriate screens, but it also creates these amazing high-detail updates that are ready to copy\paste to any client. The bottom line is that field agents are severely limited in what they can manually enter into the updates and this keeps the updates professional and repeatable, regardless of who is creating the update.

And yes, CARS has asked that their updates do not contain physical descriptions of people that the agents spoke with, but this is something that is in place because many agents will add inappropriate descriptions of people that are frowned upon by the clients. But, every single time a field agent using our repo app creates one, it will only allow them to select a race, sex and approximate age... nothing more can be added to the description of these people because the app asks specific questions and only allows buttons to be selected, not a manual text entry.

And if CARS does not want more detail in their updates, then these details can be removed from the update before putting it into the IBEAM portal, but the repo company will always have this information and it allows repo companies to better prove their field efforts in a repeatable and safe fashion. Eventually, CARS will realize that this new ability to pull professional people descriptions is available and they will want these details but until then, the rest of your clients can enjoy having access to this information and CARS updates will simply be less thorough than what you give you other clients.

In fact there is no way to even create ANY update until the field agent is within 1 mile of the address and even then the app captures the field agent location when they create any update so not only is a repo company able to pull a higher level of information from the field, but any information generated through the application is also backed by technology that has requirements in place to ensure that the agent is actually out there and not sitting on their couch.

There is nothing fake about the updates created by our repo app and the whole idea behind it is to allow repo companies to better prove their efforts so their clients no longer have to wonder if the updates ARE fake.

I hope this helps you understand what we have created and how it helps. Below is a 60 second teaser video that shows the basic idea of how updates are created by field agents using our app. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n6gif0XR90
                            Just saw the video...Reminds me of the IRIS updates....click, click...hit enter...

I do thought like the idea of needing to be within a mile of the address....is there any way you can narrow that fown to say...1,000 feet?

Comment

Originally posted by JTDAMiami View Post
                              Just saw the video...Reminds me of the IRIS updates....click, click...hit enter...

I do thought like the idea of needing to be within a mile of the address....is there any way you can narrow that fown to say...1,000 feet?
                              IRIS may be along the same lines, but they still have very limited update capabilities and their updates are often lacking as well and make it so the clients lose information between the field agent and the client. Our application ends up being able to create over 15,000 perfectly worded, punctuated and spelled out repossession property description and contact updates so there is a much higher level of detail that is constantly available when field agents use our mobile application. Our app acts more like a client and asks all the questions they would ask and makes it so your repo company can pull much higher detail updates from all field agents. In fact, many recovery agents may already do professional updates, but this allows a repo company to hire anyone that can read\write and immediately allow them to generate updates that can be sent directly to your clients, regardless of their prior experience.

We used to have the mobile application set to a smaller radius, but there are many times where there is no cell service at the address and the radius was expanded to make it more usable in the real world. With a smaller radius, it can become harder for your field agents to find a safe spot that will allow the update to go through and we want this to be as smooth as possible.

In the end, the 1 mile radius is only the first line of security for repo companies that makes sure the user is close before they can create any information and the real kicker is that the application grabs their location when they actually create the update so the repo company can prove exactly where their field agent was when the updates was created. The 1 mile radius is only truly helpful in case the exact location of the field agent was not captured (maybe 5% of the time) and allows the clients to still know that the field agent MUST have been around that address somewhere for the update to even exist.

lol, in about 1 week, the updates are even going to generate random reference numbers that can be given to the clients so they can use the reference number on our website and verify that the update was in fact created with the Va Repo system and its requirements to physically be within 1 mile of the address before the update could be created.

This is all about giving repo companies better tools so they can get ahead and these tools were created as I drove around in my repo truck perfectly securing collateral and managing my repo team for the last 6 years. I have over 15 years experience in the field and over 8 with running the repo company so I know a lot about what the little guy wants and needs because this is exactly where this all started. Money does not drive me which is part of why I have simply given this away and I hope that more of you begin realizing what I have given our industry because it allows the little guy to get more work done, better prove their efforts and spend far less time and fuel doing so...

Comment

Cars

We also do work for them in San Antonio tx nothing bad to say about them here too pay is good

Comment

Working...
                                X