Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has technology ruined the auto repossession business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has technology ruined the auto repossession business?

I was wondering if you folks think the newest technology has ruined the repossession industry? Now you have programmable keys, GPS on collateral, self loaders, skip tracing sites, repossession software etc.

The key technology killed it for me (see http://repoindustry.com/blog/?p=142 ).

Of course I made it through that, but I miss the days of repossessing cars with a set of keys or using my repossession tools from my repo tool bag to repo collateral. Ahhhh, life was much simpler back then
    List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

I can't say either way as I have only been in the business for a little over 4 years...When I first started we weren't using any kind of repossession software, still using the fax machine. I personally like the software though, I think it makes it a lot easier and less of a headache to enter updates, condition reports, etc. I also started out using keys, so I have done plenty of that, and actually like doing it that way more that picking them up with the wrecker, but transponder keys and aftermarket alarms ruined that. I was trained by a veteran and was told many stories of carrying a large tool bag with you with all kinds of goodies, pulling ignitions...I wish I was around at that time, I'm sure it was a whole different beast back then.

Comment

Originally posted by RECOVERY View Post
      I can't say either way as I have only been in the business for a little over 4 years...When I first started we weren't using any kind of repossession software, still using the fax machine. I personally like the software though, I think it makes it a lot easier and less of a headache to enter updates, condition reports, etc. I also started out using keys, so I have done plenty of that, and actually like doing it that way more that picking them up with the wrecker, but transponder keys and aftermarket alarms ruined that. I was trained by a veteran and was told many stories of carrying a large tool bag with you with all kinds of goodies, pulling ignitions...I wish I was around at that time, I'm sure it was a whole different beast back then.
      what software do you use?

Comment

i dont believe it has RUINED it per say but has definatly made things more complicated and much more expensive to maintain and operate as an owner.

Comment

Originally posted by AssetRecovery View Post
          what software do you use?
          I have used Recovery Manager Pro and RDN...I like RMP better, I think it is easier to use and things run a lot smoother.

Comment

I am not an old guy from way back in the horse repossession days , but it seems it was cheaper to run an auto repossession business back then.

Comment

Working...
            X