repoindustry the online magazine and directory for collateral recovery professionals

Go Back   Repo Industry Discussion Forum > Repo Talk > Newbies Forum

Old 07-16-2018, 07:30 AM   #1
SonAmyFan362
Lot Boy

SonAmyFan362 will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum
Default I am considering becoming a Repossession Agent. Do you have any tips?

Hi. How's everyone doing? I'm doing well.

I'm wondering if I can get tips on not only how to become a Repossession Agent, but, how to get high-end assignments. I live in Canada, so, Repo Laws might be a tad different from the States.

My primary asset that I hope to be able to cover is boats. I just love boats, and I hope that Repo Companies can reach out to me and say "Hey, the bank's reaching out for this expensive vessel. Are you up for it?", and so on.

I am also curious as to what are the Commission Rates for each type of asset, or if that's determined by the bank, or the Repo Company?

I know this sounds a bit odd, but, my very first vehicle is a boat, and I purchased it about 4 years ago. I paid for the vessel all in one shot, so, I know I don't have to worry about anyone representing the bank coming to claim it. By the way, this begs another question. If, by some odd chance, someone steals my boat, what can I do? Is it technically a Repossession, if I do that? If so, do I need a Collector Bailiff's License to Repo my own boat, in the event of actual theft? (No worries. I know where my vessel is, and I have access to it.).

Thanks in advance, and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
-SonAmyFan362.
SonAmyFan362 is offline   Reply With Quote