repoindustry the online magazine and directory for collateral recovery professionals

Go Back   Repo Industry Discussion Forum > Information Desk > Member's Questions & Suggestions

Old 07-09-2014, 07:39 AM   #1
barry2
Repo King

barry2 will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum
Default Something new

Instead of every one complaining all the time lets try something new that has a direct impact on our business. Trucks we all buy them does anyone have any info. diesel verses gas motor not opinion but real # on fuel mileage,repair costs basically a side by side comparison on what is more cost effective in the 250,000 mile long run ?
barry2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:54 PM   #2
Michael the insurance guy
Repo King

Michael the insurance guy will learn how to make money with an auto repossession business

I don't think what you're asking can be answered. There are way to many variables to have a side by side comparison nor would I trust the numbers that anyone could provide. What type size and size? 350/3500 450/4500? Wrecker? Sneaker? Rollback? do you have the same type accounts as the comparison? What if they do 80% private passenger and 20% commercial/overweight?
Michael the insurance guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
assetadjusters
Tactician

assetadjusters will make big money as a repoman in the auto repossession businessassetadjusters will make big money as a repoman in the auto repossession businessassetadjusters will make big money as a repoman in the auto repossession business

I have a chevy with the 8.1 and Allison combo. Best truck ever.

Quiet and pulls hard.

Motor is still strong. 264,000 miles. As far as cost go. I understand diesels get better fuel mileage. Weighing all the variables into the equation. The Quietness (safety) (I ride alone) and being able to get parts on the fly. Makes me a gas engine fan. Plus, any mechanic can have me up and running, usually in a day. So, I don't have to be down. As with a diesel....there expensive to fix and something kinda serious will land your truck in the shop for a week.

So that's my take.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:59 PM   #4
barry2
Repo King

What I was looking for is a comparison on a 4500 dodge self loader or a ford f-450 self loader. We have both in diesels our mileage is a steady 11 to 13.5 miles per gallon.2 trucks are pushing 300,000 miles and I know I will be needing to replace them soon. But no matter every time the trucks go into the shop it always seems to cost me 2 or 3 thousand and were out of a truck for 4 or 5 days.If I could get a chevy in a 4500 with a duramax and Allison I would give that a try as well.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
bigdaddy
Repo King

bigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

Barry, there is a lot of equipment talk in the Equipment forum up top. Have you checked that out? And yes, everyone should quit their bitchin or quit repossessing!
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:03 AM   #6
barry2
Repo King

I never thought to look there thank you I guess there is no correct answer.Maintence verses up front cost & fuel they are so close it is not worth splitting hairs on which is preferred because of cost it is more a personal preference at this point. Thank you