Units stored in storage lots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Units stored in storage lots?

Just thinking to myself about this the other day as I was driving past a storage unit facility and wondering if any of yall ever came across a unit that was stored at a storage facility to be stored away so would not get repossessed. And if you did how did you go about getting it out if its even possible? They are always gated and most have tall walls that surround the property.So is this a situation where you can do nothing about it? I'm starting to wonder if db's would actually do something like this.

Is the unit being stored inside of an actual storage unit, or is it being stored in outside storage?

Comment

I don't actually have any accounts that I know for sure that may be in storage just asking in general if any one has had to deal with a situation like this. I hav'nt yet I'm just wondering if it would even be possible in general even if you did find out if it was in storage to get in and get a unit out

Comment

I know that if its in inside storage there's no way in hell to get it out without cutting the lock on the door. thats a dead giveaway ! now what if a unit is in outside storage thats fenced in with walls around it how would that go about?

Comment

Go into the office and rent the smallest, cheapest storage unit they have available...That way you are authorize to go onto the property (since you have a storage unit there), and you will be given the gate code. Pick up your car and report it to the police.

Had an over the road truck driver, that was storing his tractor in a self storage complex on weekends when he was home. So we went into the office and rented a cheap $20 storage unit, got gate code, and went back later that night with the key, and drove our unit out.

Also had a debtor that was storing his snowmobile inside of a locked storage unit...Called the storage complex and turned out that he was 3 months behind on his storage bill as well. So we paid the storage company the 3 months that he was behind, and they cut the lock on the storage unit and allowed us to pick it up.

Comment

oh **** thats slick lol. Good deal now I kinda have an idea of what to try if I ever get in a situation like that thanks for the heads up now let me ask you this how or where did you obtain the info to know that it was in a storage unit and where? that is what I think would be the hardest info to obtain from someone if they are trying to be that slick

Comment

That's the hard part...You can either get your information from the debtor, work off of a hunch, or pull a credit report for the debtor. If there is anything in collections from a storage facility, more than likely that is where your unit is going to be. Just a matter of doing your field work.

For the semi tractor, the debtor lived in a fairly nice subdivision and I knew he couldn't keep it there. The storage facility was literally 1 block away from his house, so on a hunch I did a google earth of the storage facility and found a unit matching the description. So I went to the storage complex and asked if I could do a tour and see what size units they have available. So they took me in their little golf cart and gave me the grand tour. I spotted our truck, confirmed it by plate #, and went back to rent the storage unit.

For the snowmobile, the debtor actually told me where it was at. Said it's at a storage facility in this town, and "you're not getting it." So searched and found that there was only 1 storage facility in that town. LOL Called and made arrangements for pick-up.

Comment

Sounds good thanks for the useful knowledge I've only been in the industry for like 5 months and I still have alot of things to learn more or less just the different tricks on how to be a little slicker with things. Sounds to me like you've been in the game for a while and know what the hell you're talking about.

Comment

It seams like there are more ?'s about how to hide your car then Repo a car.

Comment

So you seem to think that I'm not an agent. I'm just asking a simple question on how would you go about repossessing a unit that is being stored in a storage facility i have not been in a situation like this yet so I figured I would atleast ask to get some suggestions. I also drive a 96' dodge ram 1500 thats paid off so I have nothing to worry about. I'm not the best agent out there nor do I claim to be I'm not scared to ask questions about something that I would need help with I'm new to the industry and still have things to learn.

Comment

I am told that FN17 is indeed a repossession agent, a new repoman, but still a repo agent.
                      List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

Thanks "ADMIN" I can understand that some questions may seem like its a DEBTOR trying to find out info right from the horses mouth. But this is also an informative forum with alot of seasoned agents that have alot of useful knowledge. And If I have a question or not sure of what to do in a situation I'll definately ask, that's why I signed up on this forum for. I do not know everything there is to know about repossessions but I'm capable of learning. You gotta start somewhere. " KC24/7 " If this helps my snatch truck is an 09' dodge 4500 hd with a dynamic 701 unit.

Comment

Just a thought no need for a life biography. And to the ? Ain't two accounts the same. What one storage lot might let you do the next won't you gotta play it as you go. I get were you coming from but it ain't the way to go. You will begin to see what you can can't do when you get there. You should look into getting c.a.r.s certified. Know don't get me wrong you can't follow all the rules in there but it will give you a idea of some things. If you listen to what others tell you all the time you ain't gonna make it.

Comment

Yea that is true. I'll definately look into the c.a.r.s certification. I'm new to this so just trying to do it the professional and legal way you know what I mean? I did'nt mean to sound like I had an attitude just took a little defense to it.

Comment

There's alot of little things that I've learned out in the field since I started that I just learned myself. Common sense plays a big roll in things which I totally get. But having the knowledge or some tricks that someone else may know is also a big help in some situations as well. Thats all I'm saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X