No announcement yet.

Strangest Thing You Have Found In A Vehicle You Repossessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not in any order, Drugs. Crack,Meth,Pot. Weapons. knifes, daggers, machettes, Guns. 38 and 9 mm. Sex toys. S & M gear, Dirty panties. (No, Whitted Penis) Vibrators,C**K rings. False teeth and pretty sure it was an eyeballs (Diffrent people i hope) Fake Drivers license,credit cards. Tools. Almost everything including the kitchen sink.

Comment

A live Pit Bull

Comment

I had a debtor chain a pit bull to the wheel of a car parked in the backyard once. Big mean sob and I couldn't make up to him so I pepper sprayed him and ran him to the end of his 15 foot chain. I then unchained him and holding one end of his chain in one hand and the pepper spray in the other , walked him to the page wire fence in the back of the yard and chained him to it. Bada Bing Bada Boom.

Comment

Strangest thing I have found recently - I picked up a car this weekend and the owner was living in it.

Last summer I picked up an SUV that was home to about 15 cats.

Comment

Bill, I had a very similar one. I had an account up in the mountains above Asheville. I had worked the phone to convert the account to a voluntary since it was pretty far away. The guy finally said to just come get it.

I went up the next day to find the funny guy had chained his doberman to the bumper.. I grabbed a can of WD-40 out of the trucks tool box and used my lighter (WD-40+lighter=flamethrower) to piss the dog off, but keep him away from me as I unchained him.

Another comedian left his big dog locked in the car on a supposed voluntary. I hooked up to it and pulled the car down the the Sheriff's office where I unlocked it, animal control took the dog and he was charged with animal cruelty.

The OG

Comment

I picked up a car one time at a rental trailer. Hooked it and got it out on the road , hooked from the wrong end. You never want to unhook because they might come out and take it back while your unhooked so I usually knock on the door to see if they will exchange the keys for the personal property but when I looked in the windows I changed my mind because this guy had two radar detectors , one faceing front and one faceing rear. So I drug it about a quarter mile and swapped ends. Shure enough when I got it to the lot and opened it up I found drugs guns and burgled properyt in the trunk . Pays to keep switched on and never get complacent.

Comment

Why did seeing radar detectors cause you to make the decsion you did?

Comment

Having been a Deputy Sheriff

Originally posted by Auto Agent View Post
                  Why did seeing radar detectors cause you to make the decsion you did?
                  Having been a Deputy Sheriff , seeing two radar detectors in a plymoth breeze told me that this was someone who wanted to know if the cops were around any where. Usually I would see a set up like this in a burglers car or an armed robbers car. I found out later that this guy, who by the way called and threatened me, had previous arrests for both.

Comment

Does being a former cop help you in the repo business? I mean it ijn two ways? Instincts and connections wise? I think there are quite a few ex coppers that repo cars. Some are members here.

Comment

That has the making of a good thread. :adance:

Comment

It helped

Originally posted by bullhorn View Post
                        Does being a former cop help you in the repo business? I mean it ijn two ways? Instincts and connections wise? I think there are quite a few ex coppers that repo cars. Some are members here.
                        I am medically retired now but yes it helped me a lot , primarily in the prediction of viloence and the skills to track down skips. I was able to put on an athoritave attitude and use my "command voice".

Comment

Did you repossess part time before you went on disability? Being recognized by other officers from around the area and the general public helps in many way. The debtor is way less likely to get violent or refuse to turn over a car with an agent he thinks is or was a cop. Also if your police buddies see you out working they might keep an eye for you and for sure will treat you better than the average tow truck driver.
                          List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

You guys got it made with all your conections

Comment

Originally posted by brad46410 View Post
                              Did you repossess part time before you went on disability? Being recognized by other officers from around the area and the general public helps in many way. The debtor is way less likely to get violent or refuse to turn over a car with an agent he thinks is or was a cop. Also if your police buddies see you out working they might keep an eye for you and for sure will treat you better than the average tow truck driver.
                              The only thing that really made a differance with police officers called to the location of a REPO was me knowing the law and my rights . I was not afraid to call their bluff if they were in the wrong. I actualy took a firearm away from an officer once.

Comment

Originally posted by CWM Asset Recovery View Post
                                I actualy took a firearm away from an officer once.

OMG! Now that sounds like an awesome story. Please feel free to share.

Comment

Working...
                                X