Why is it so hard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it so hard?

Why is it so hard to find good repossession agents and employees? It seems you have to run thru about 100 just find one decent person. They all act like moonlight shines out theri azz at the interview but in time they all suck. Do any of you have the same problem? How do you find people to hire?

hire bill collectors and teach them to drive a tow truck... they are already commission motivated and usually fantastic skip tracers already.

Comment

Hire ex-cops

Hire ex-cops. They know how to find people who don't want to be found.

They know the law and are good drivers.

All you need to teach them is the paper work and how to operate the wrecker.

Comment

Originally posted by 11th Hour Recovery View Post
        hire bill collectors and teach them to drive a tow truck... they are already commission motivated and usually fantastic skip tracers already.
        Thanks, I never considered that.

Comment

I always found that hiring people with little to no experience was best for me as long as they had some street smarts and a level head. They did not know it all & did not think they were God's gift to the auto repossession industry. It took more time to get a person "road ready", but it allowed me to lay a strong foundation & replicate myself in them. There were no bad habits to fix & no egos to feed, just an eager learner that wanted to please me & make money. Most of the "newbies" I taught the repo business to are still in the repo business and doing well.
          List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

Originally posted by ADMIN View Post
            I always found that hiring people with little to no experience was best for me as long as they had some street smarts and a level head. They did not know it all & did not think they were God's gift to the auto repossession industry. It took more time to get a person "road ready", but it allowed me to lay a strong foundation & replicate myself in them. There were no bad habits to fix & no egos to feed, just an eager learner that wanted to please me & make money. Most of the "newbies" I taught the repo business to are still in the repo business and doing well.
            This is an issue I have been dealing with as well. But I agree on hiring with no experience!

Comment

I agree with Admin....hire someone without experiance and train them yourself. My second suggestion.....work with them personally. Take them on some of the harder jobs and train them old school. Even though its not possible in todays world, show them how to pick locks, hotwire, talk to neighbors, ect.... You will make a great agent out of them.

Comment

I am going to give that a try. The rest of these emotional drama queen repo vets applicants are toasst.

Comment

We found retired police make great agents. Even some still active, just they cannot repo in their own jurisdiction.

We have hired some with and some with out experience, it can be a total crap shoot. We have had agents last for a day and some last into the decades. We found hiring family has certain benefits and certain pitfalls.

Have had pretty good luck hiring free-lancers with their own tow truck, but you really have to vet them first. Not to mention what your client contract and insurance covers.

The good news is with the war "winding down", you should be able to find some veterans looking for work. Might even be some tax benefits for hiring disabled (as long as they can still drive & hook).

Comment

i hate hiring someone elses problem child....we strive to hire and train men with no experience....i also double HATE hiring cops....they are lazy and think they know everything....ex military usually require more babysitting....both cops and ex mil types have the govmint "tell me what to do" mentality instead of a "figgr it out" mentality....got little use for either

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan/Faith Financial View Post
                      i hate hiring someone elses problem child....we strive to hire and train men with no experience....i also double HATE hiring cops....they are lazy and think they know everything....ex military usually require more babysitting....both cops and ex mil types have the govmint "tell me what to do" mentality instead of a "figgr it out" mentality....got little use for either
                      Thats because your hiring the wrong military types.. honestly I would say look for E5 and up. Try looking for someone with a combat MOS too.. I am prior service army, infantry at that.. We learned to think out of the box alot in iraq and afghan.. I was running my own company but due to personal reasons we shut down.. Im now working for a company and really like them. The work is good and the equipment is nice. I bet looking for drivers is hard, but in my exp finding a decent company was just as hard..

Comment

Originally posted by BryanFaithFinancial View Post
                        I am Army. F*&% you.

Comment

I agree with training someone new. then your not braking bad habits.

some of the best drivers I worked with where mechanics. they understand cars and how they work. and where able to keep up and maintain the trucks.

Comment

you guys seem to have problems finding good employees while i on the other hand have a hard time finding a good company to work for . atleast thats the case in my area. im not the only one that seems to think the same . all the companies around here dont value employees, they mistreat them , try to give them **** pay and then want to demand you to put max effort and bend over backwards for them. seems like i need to move up north.

Comment

Having retired from the army 2 years ago there is some things that I'm reading here that doesn't make sense. First of everyone has their own opinion but I always sees it as a plus hiring ex military because of the discipline and core values that have been instilled in them. The other thing is this, while i see the value in hiring former non commissioned officers, I don't see why thier MOS would matter. My MOS was 91X, a wheeled vehicle mechanic. But I was also the Senior Drill Sergeant and First Sergeant of an Infantry company. I also did three tours in Iraq and one thing that never mattered in Iraq or on the trail was what MOS the Soldier standing next to me was. A Soldier is a Soldier

Comment

Working...
                              X