repoindustry the online magazine and directory for collateral recovery professionals

Go Back   Repo Industry Discussion Forum > Information Desk > Admin's Post It Notes

Old 11-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
BRADMIN
Administrator

BRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory
Default Repoindustry.com Forum Guidelines

There has been a marked increase of arguing, posting curse words and other general silliness, so I thought I would lay out the basic forum suggestions for posting. I hate to call them rules, since rules are for grade school students. The 2 part time moderators and I have had to delete several posts and threads do to this activity.

Suggestion 1: Act like and adult! Since you are reading this thread, I have to assume that you have joined the forum and by the rules are over 18 years of age. Being over 18 or older, means that you have reached the age of accountability and are considered an adult. Please act like an adult instead of a baby

Suggestion 2: Before you post, please take note of the forum you are in. The Newbies forum is to welcome new members. Welcoming them should not include name calling or other insults. There is absolutely no flaming allowed there. The Classifieds forum is for selling items, looking for work and help wanted ads. If someone is selling their 1979 wrecker in there, please do not post a message telling them they should shoot it and bury it in their back yard. Instead, just choose not to purchase the wrecker! News is for news and articles must have a link. The rest of the forums should be self explanatory, but feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Suggest 3: Try to get along. If you hate someone, it does not mean that you have to stalk them around the forum arguing. You can put them on ignore or choose to play nice. Of course, having differing opinions is OK and even debating is no problem. Even a heated argument is fine, but please be an adult. There is no need to insult someone's mom just because they prefer a Dynamic and you like a Minuteman!

Suggestion 4: Who can post at repoindustry,com? Repossessors, auto repossession company owners, staff that work for an auto repossession company (including office staff, spotters, lock smiths, managers etc), skip tracers, lenders, and other individuals DIRECTLY involved in the auto repossession industry. Sorry, but you do not qualify if your only involvement in the repo biz is watching Operation Repo on Trutv last night.

Suggestion 5: Who can’t post on repoindustry,com – Spammers selling Iphones and other crap, scammers trying to put 5 million dollars of unclaimed money into a members pocket because they are on their death bed or some other scam, and worse than either of those- a debtor that feels he should not have been repossessed because he was only 5 payments behind on his 1999 Intrepid. All posts by people listed above or similar ones will be deleted and so will you.

Suggestion 6: {actually a rule:} PWI – Posting Well Intoxicated! If you have imbibed alcohol and attempt to post on the forum and you see more than than the one monitor you own (double vision), immediately log off. If you try posting and only silliness, misspelled words or cuss words appear on your screen, push yourself away from your computer station and make some coffee. If you are talking to your monitor and keyboard in a slurred manner and the words are not appearing in a post it is because you are to drunk to realize that posting requires typing. Sleep off your drunk and post in the morning!

The other night one of our finest members must have drank a whole bottle of Mad Dog 20 /20 with a case of Red, White and Blue beer as a chaser. His posts were more unintelligent than usual and were quite vulgar. I had to prune several posts containing language and content that would cause a go-go dancer to blush. I won’t mention the poster’s name since I am not a gossip nor will I hint that it was B*g****y.
Suggestion 7: ! Of course you should engage in discussions on topics pertaining to the auto repossession industry, but also make sure that this place is relaxing for you as well. Share your knowledge, soak up some knowledge, network, but also put your feet up and take a break! Chill out and have fun on the forum

Hopefully this was educational and thanks for reading!

Last edited by BRADMIN; 11-18-2011 at 07:57 PM.
BRADMIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
SeaKelly
Mermaid of the Repo Sea

SeaKelly will learn how to make money with an auto repossession business
Send a message via Skype™ to SeaKelly

Let's all get along so we can stay on repoindustry.com! I find the forum is full of information as well as fun
Old 11-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #3
bigdaddy
Repo King

bigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADMIN View Post
Suggestion 6: PWI – Posting Well Intoxicated! The other night one of our finest members must have drank a whole bottle of Mad Dog 20 /20 with a case of Red, White and Blue beer as a chaser. His posts were more unintelligent than usual and were quite vulgar. I had to prune several posts containing language and content that would cause a go-go dancer to blush. I won’t mention the poster’s name since I am not a gossip nor will I hint that it was B*g****y.
ROTFL It was champagne and Blue Moon that I drank at a wedding! Ii would never even touch Mogen David or RW & B. If I remember it right, Grave Digger was being a pain that night.

All I can say is and that is twice this week I have said this!
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #4
RepoMan207
Repo King

RepoMan207 will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

****.....I missed the action and no one notified me! What the hell guys, thanks alot!

RepoMan207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #5
BRADMIN
Administrator

BRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryBRADMIN will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
If I remember it right
Hmmmmmm....

Quote:
Grave Digger was being a pain that night
For once, he was just a slight pain in the rear, you were a big pain!

No apology needed.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
repo chic
Repo King

repo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

Now that is funny!!
repo chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #7
assetadjusters
Tactician

assetadjusters will make big money as a repoman in the auto repossession businessassetadjusters will make big money as a repoman in the auto repossession businessassetadjusters will make big money as a repoman in the auto repossession business

Your board is growing.

This is what happens......this is just the beginning. It only gets more fun from here. I'd actually make them rules. Not only are they funny.....Their logical.

I just loved the PWI comment.

Classic.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #8
BRADMIN
Administrator

I just updated the PWI to rule status with clarifications.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:02 PM   #9
bullhorn
Repo King

bullhorn will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybullhorn will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybullhorn will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybullhorn will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybullhorn will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybullhorn will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybullhorn will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybullhorn will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybullhorn will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybullhorn will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybullhorn will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

What about rude pms and rep comments? Any rules on that ****?
bullhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #10
SeaKelly
Mermaid of the Repo Sea

SeaKelly will learn how to make money with an auto repossession business
Send a message via Skype™ to SeaKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhorn View Post
What about rude pms and rep comments? Any rules on that ****?

Who has been rude to you? Does someone need to be taught some manners?!?!
Old 11-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #11
BRADMIN
Administrator

I am aware of the situation.

Suggestion 8: I hate him / I don't like so and so. That is fine. Just like life, you do not have to have coffee or hang out with someone you do not get along with. Just ignore that person, put them on ignore or hey, maybe try being the better man (or woman) and be pleasant. Attacks, insults and / or threats to family will not be tolerated and could lead to a dead life in the Impound.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #12
Grave Digger
Old Skool Ballaholic

Grave Digger will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

Quote:
Ii would never even touch Mogen David or RW & B. If I remember it right, Grave Digger was being a pain that night.
You was touching something acting all a fool for sure. But Im cool with ya.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #13
Patriot Recovery
Hookin & Bookin

Patriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grave Digger View Post
You was touching something acting all a fool for sure. But Im cool with ya.
Patriot Recovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #14
BRADMIN
Administrator

Suggestion 9: Paranoia! If you wear a tin foil hat around your repo office or you are trying to locate that "elite company" that is building escape pods for the 2012 end of the earth Mayan calender deal, then please do not post until you have been fully evaluated by a mental health professional.

Likewise, we know we get some trolls on here once and awhile and we can generally spot them via our software and just plain common sense and impound them or delete them. I get a lot of important emails every day and am glad to read them and respond if I can help. The ones (I got 6 or 8 in the month of January) that tell me your tingly spidey sense is telling you a poster is not who he says, is a troll from another repo networking site etc., most likely get sent to my junk folder. I then picture you in your mom's basement - you know the place - the locale you call your fallout shelter/ bunker. I picture you down there hunkering down beneath a card table in an NBC suit. Not a pretty visual at all folks!!

Suggestion 10: Strike that, let's make it a rule - No spamming or advertising is of any kind is allowed.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #15
jclark
Repo King

jclark will learn how to make money with an auto repossession business

I have been in this industry for 30 years, I have watched a few sites come and go. A big reason is a few take over the site and run the others off, if those few could show some understanding and give them guidence rather than a hard time it would go a long way to a sucessful site. I believe even the dumbest guy who is out repossessing needs help for his own safety, and not to have lawsuits that set case law which makes all our jobs harder to do. I do not worry about competition I worry about the uneducated repossessors that cost me money. If they were in tune with those who have been in this industry for a long time they may not work for 200 or 250 or even 300, because they now know the industry by being mentored by guys who have been there, run a good business, and does it legally with few hitches. If they think they know it all there are ways to let the air out of that bubble gently but stern.
My 2 cents, for what it's worth.
jclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:53 PM   #16
BRADMIN
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark View Post
I have been in this industry for 30 years, I have watched a few sites come and go. A big reason is a few take over the site and run the others off, if those few could show some understanding and give them guidence rather than a hard time it would go a long way to a sucessful site.
I agree and I am going to get a little more aggressive on sending name calling, rude posts and maybe some posters to the impound lot. We were all newbies in the repossession business at one time. We all can learn something from each and every poster on here. Just because someone does not know the the right answer or correct way of doing something does not mean they are stupid or should be ridiculed. It means someone did not educate them and that is why the site is here. They are here to be educated.

A person with no experience needs to go work for a professionally run repossession company for a LONG time before they even consider setting up shop in the auto repossession industry I know 2 big repossession companies that were started with no experience and have become successful, however it is an extreme rarity.

Aside from those two, an interesting notable figure is Steve Norwood, the owner of CARS. He was a computer programmer / businessman with no repo experience. He developed a proprietary program as a software developer on input from lenders and repossession company owners. That software ended with him becoming a forwarder. From what I understand, that was not his intention but clients using his software pretty much forced it upon him. In my opinion, he and his company are the "cherry" on the forwarder "Sundae" when it comes to success and his (and his staff) ability to work with repossessors in an upright manner.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #17
Patriot Recovery
Hookin & Bookin

Patriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryPatriot Recovery will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory
Default My 2 cents

First I just want to say, I am not saying this is directed at me, but through comments and PM’s I have received as well as certain posts I just thought I would air this out, and maybe clear things up for some or confirm what they think. Take it as you will.

I know that some people here may think that I am mean or rude or trying to run people off, however that is not the case at all, unless you are a poser or a troll…..

I have been in this industry a long time, I have been in it through the good times, and the bad times. I have seen technology come from nowhere and change this industry. Some change for the good, and some for the bad. I still use all my old school tactics as a foundation to build off of and I think everyone should know them. Do I have all the new technology, yes I do, but as we all know, technological things go down from time to time, what do you do then? That’s where having a background in the old school tactics really helps out.

I have seen many good agents turn into horrible owners and lose everything they have, because they were to quick to jump the gun and dove in head first when they are not ready. I will not apologize, nor am I sorry for trying to prevent that. Again, just because you get advice and its not what you wanted to hear, does not make it bad. Have thick skin and take constructive criticism, it will only make you better.

I have made almost every mistake there is to make, short of criminal acts in this business, my bluntness is to make sure people don’t make the same mistakes I have made, and its also to weed out trolls..

I am more than willing to help anyone, but again I am very blunt and matter of fact and some people can not take that. However you don’t have to lie to kick it as they say, if you don’t give us the accurate information, then the advice you are getting may not work because it is based off of inaccurate information.

Do I ask everyone what their background and experience is? Sure I do, I like to know who I am talking to and it helps me post better responses or answer questions better, and I think others feel the same way.

Am I outspoken and very opinionated? Sure I am but one of the things that makes this forum better is the difference of opinions, and it really helps to see all sides of an issue even if you don’t agree with the other persons view.

We have a newbies lounge here for people to post intros in, and so many people don’t utilize it….Is there a way to structure it to where they cant post anywhere else until after they have provided an intro? A lot of people seem to be bothered by that question? Maybe I am just old fashioned, but I find it to be good manners to introduce yourself when you are new to a group of people.

I am very sarcastic and I like to joke around. If you are new and you don’t know that then most likely you are taking some things that I am saying wrong….

As I have pointed out before, look at NVTowing as an example….We are at each others throats with anything related to politics, however when there are real questions, real answers are provided. We also have very civil discussions through PM’s about politics…He knows its not personal, and I know its not personal. If you have a question on what I mean when I say something ask me…If you don’t want to ask me openly then PM me….

I am not going to change, I will always be blunt and to the point, and I want the same in return when dealing with me…Don’t sugar coat things for me just tell me your blunt thoughts…I may agree, and I may disagree and you will know either way, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I wont make things personal, it’s just business….Also I have posted several times where if I am wrong, show me and I will happily eat my words and apologize…….I have called out several trolls and posers on here and not one of them has ever taken me up on my offer and tried to prove me wrong, what does that tell you? I know how I would react if someone called me a liar, or a troll, and I am sure it is similar to how some of you would too….

Just because you may not like what I have to say, that does not make me wrong. Are there times when I could have more tact, sure there are, however less blunt and more tact is a new thing for me.

From the newest rookie agent, to the oldest salty veteran, we can all learn from each other…We can learn what to do and what not to do, and that’s one of the reasons I believe this forum is here.

I am done ranting now, I just wanted to write this due to some of the emails I have received….If anyone has any questions ask away or pm me…

Regardless of what you may think I am more than happy to help, and there are others here who can attest to this.

Good luck
-Mac

Last edited by Patriot Recovery; 02-01-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Patriot Recovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #18
arsrepo
Repo Man

Location: city of philadelphia home of the eagles and phillies
arsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

well said patriot.
arsrepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #19
abra
America's best Repo Agent

abra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

Brad, I feel we should be able to question who a new member is. Is there anything wrong with that?
Old 02-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #20
jkingjr123
new repo

jkingjr123 will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryjkingjr123 will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryjkingjr123 will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryjkingjr123 will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryjkingjr123 will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryjkingjr123 will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryjkingjr123 will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryjkingjr123 will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryjkingjr123 will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryjkingjr123 will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryjkingjr123 will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

to pat : Hi I am Johnny I am too a Repoman......ooops I thought this was RR for recovering repomen lol.......

But pat I agree 100% and Brad I am with Abra ad pat on this
jkingjr123 is offline   Reply With Quote