Repoindustry.com Forum Guidelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repoindustry.com Forum Guidelines

There has been a marked increase of arguing, posting curse words and other general silliness, so I thought I would lay out the basic forum suggestions for posting. I hate to call them rules, since rules are for grade school students. The 2 part time moderators and I have had to delete several posts and threads do to this activity.

Suggestion 1: Act like and adult! Since you are reading this thread, I have to assume that you have joined the forum and by the rules are over 18 years of age. Being over 18 or older, means that you have reached the age of accountability and are considered an adult. Please act like an adult instead of a baby

Suggestion 2: Before you post, please take note of the forum you are in. The Newbies forum is to welcome new members. Welcoming them should not include name calling or other insults. There is absolutely no flaming allowed there. The Classifieds forum is for selling items, looking for work and help wanted ads. If someone is selling their 1979 wrecker in there, please do not post a message telling them they should shoot it and bury it in their back yard. Instead, just choose not to purchase the wrecker! News is for news and articles must have a link. The rest of the forums should be self explanatory, but feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Suggest 3: Try to get along. If you hate someone, it does not mean that you have to stalk them around the forum arguing. You can put them on ignore or choose to play nice. Of course, having differing opinions is OK and even debating is no problem. Even a heated argument is fine, but please be an adult. There is no need to insult someone's mom just because they prefer a Dynamic and you like a Minuteman!

Suggestion 4: Who can post at repoindustry,com? Repossessors, auto repossession company owners, staff that work for an auto repossession company (including office staff, spotters, lock smiths, managers etc), skip tracers, lenders, and other individuals DIRECTLY involved in the auto repossession industry. Sorry, but you do not qualify if your only involvement in the repo biz is watching Operation Repo on Trutv last night.

Suggestion 5: Who can’t post on repoindustry,com – Spammers selling Iphones and other crap, scammers trying to put 5 million dollars of unclaimed money into a members pocket because they are on their death bed or some other scam, and worse than either of those- a debtor that feels he should not have been repossessed because he was only 5 payments behind on his 1999 Intrepid. All posts by people listed above or similar ones will be deleted and so will you.

Suggestion 6: {actually a rule:} PWI – Posting Well Intoxicated! If you have imbibed alcohol and attempt to post on the forum and you see more than than the one monitor you own (double vision), immediately log off. If you try posting and only silliness, misspelled words or cuss words appear on your screen, push yourself away from your computer station and make some coffee. If you are talking to your monitor and keyboard in a slurred manner and the words are not appearing in a post it is because you are to drunk to realize that posting requires typing. Sleep off your drunk and post in the morning!

The other night one of our finest members must have drank a whole bottle of Mad Dog 20 /20 with a case of Red, White and Blue beer as a chaser. His posts were more unintelligent than usual and were quite vulgar. I had to prune several posts containing language and content that would cause a go-go dancer to blush. I won’t mention the poster’s name since I am not a gossip nor will I hint that it was B*g****y.
    Suggestion 7: ! Of course you should engage in discussions on topics pertaining to the auto repossession industry, but also make sure that this place is relaxing for you as well. Share your knowledge, soak up some knowledge, network, but also put your feet up and take a break! Chill out and have fun on the forum

Hopefully this was educational and thanks for reading!
    Last edited by BRADMIN; 11-18-2011, 09:57 PM.
    List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Let's all get along so we can stay on repoindustry.com! I find the forum is full of information as well as fun
    Kel

Comment

Originally posted by ADMIN View Post
      Suggestion 6: PWI – Posting Well Intoxicated! The other night one of our finest members must have drank a whole bottle of Mad Dog 20 /20 with a case of Red, White and Blue beer as a chaser. His posts were more unintelligent than usual and were quite vulgar. I had to prune several posts containing language and content that would cause a go-go dancer to blush. I won’t mention the poster’s name since I am not a gossip nor will I hint that it was B*g****y.
      ROTFL It was champagne and Blue Moon that I drank at a wedding! Ii would never even touch Mogen David or RW & B. If I remember it right, Grave Digger was being a pain that night.

All I can say is and that is twice this week I have said this!

Comment

****.....I missed the action and no one notified me! What the hell guys, thanks alot!
        Ryan
        Hodge's Recovery
        Windham, ME

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy View Post
          If I remember it right
          Hmmmmmm....

Grave Digger was being a pain that night
          For once, he was just a slight pain in the rear, you were a big pain!

No apology needed.

Click here

Comment

Now that is funny!!

Comment

Your board is growing.

This is what happens......this is just the beginning. It only gets more fun from here. I'd actually make them rules. Not only are they funny.....Their logical.

I just loved the PWI comment.

Classic.
              I walk through the Valley of Darkness and Fear no evil on a daily basis.

Comment

I just updated the PWI to rule status with clarifications.

Click here

Comment

What about rude pms and rep comments? Any rules on that ****?

Comment

Originally posted by bullhorn View Post
                    What about rude pms and rep comments? Any rules on that ****?

Who has been rude to you? Does someone need to be taught some manners?!?!
                    Kel

Comment

I am aware of the situation.

Suggestion 8: I hate him / I don't like so and so. That is fine. Just like life, you do not have to have coffee or hang out with someone you do not get along with. Just ignore that person, put them on ignore or hey, maybe try being the better man (or woman) and be pleasant. Attacks, insults and / or threats to family will not be tolerated and could lead to a dead life in the Impound.

Click here

Comment

Ii would never even touch Mogen David or RW & B. If I remember it right, Grave Digger was being a pain that night.
                        You was touching something acting all a fool for sure. But Im cool with ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Grave Digger View Post
                          You was touching something acting all a fool for sure. But Im cool with ya.

Comment

Suggestion 9: Paranoia! If you wear a tin foil hat around your repo office or you are trying to locate that "elite company" that is building escape pods for the 2012 end of the earth Mayan calender deal, then please do not post until you have been fully evaluated by a mental health professional.

Likewise, we know we get some trolls on here once and awhile and we can generally spot them via our software and just plain common sense and impound them or delete them. I get a lot of important emails every day and am glad to read them and respond if I can help. The ones (I got 6 or 8 in the month of January) that tell me your tingly spidey sense is telling you a poster is not who he says, is a troll from another repo networking site etc., most likely get sent to my junk folder. I then picture you in your mom's basement - you know the place - the locale you call your fallout shelter/ bunker. I picture you down there hunkering down beneath a card table in an NBC suit. Not a pretty visual at all folks!!

Suggestion 10: Strike that, let's make it a rule - No spamming or advertising is of any kind is allowed.

Click here

Comment

I have been in this industry for 30 years, I have watched a few sites come and go. A big reason is a few take over the site and run the others off, if those few could show some understanding and give them guidence rather than a hard time it would go a long way to a sucessful site. I believe even the dumbest guy who is out repossessing needs help for his own safety, and not to have lawsuits that set case law which makes all our jobs harder to do. I do not worry about competition I worry about the uneducated repossessors that cost me money. If they were in tune with those who have been in this industry for a long time they may not work for 200 or 250 or even 300, because they now know the industry by being mentored by guys who have been there, run a good business, and does it legally with few hitches. If they think they know it all there are ways to let the air out of that bubble gently but stern.
                              My 2 cents, for what it's worth.

Comment

Working...
                              X