Anyone ever repo family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever repo family?

So I just got an order from a title loan place and realized that. The debetor was my half sister. Not sure if I want to get it or not. Might. Make christmas kinda wired. Any thoughts?

i had super close friend was like a brother to me we had know each other about 5 yrs i got his gf approved for a loan through a dealer friend she defaulted and i reposessed the car when my company got the assignment that is about as close as i ever came to repoing a friend but if she is true family like that i don't know if i would do it it depends on the relationship with the family i guess.

Comment

I have picked two of my brothers and my mom. Its just business. I love my family but i have one to feed as well

Comment

Call her tell her you here someone is looking for it. If she does not pay it make it disappear. I picked up two cousins cars and ex brother inlaws truck. Gave both chance to pay.

Comment

It's not personal it's a business transaction.

Comment

Yea, dont mix business and family. And dont tell any of the family. I know an agent that got an order for a close friend, so he called the close friends son and told him, well now 3rd party disclosure kicked in and you can bet they are trying to sue.

Do the repo and keep quiet. there are more repo men in your area? "No it wasnt me, sis" and let the topic go.

Comment

Voluntary only, twice. Stepbrother.

Comment

Originally posted by HAULAHOLIC View Post
                So I just got an order from a title loan place and realized that. The debetor was my half sister. Not sure if I want to get it or not. Might. Make christmas kinda wired. Any thoughts?

Hope the Title loan company don't catch on and you end up losing the Whole acct over it .... If you don't want to pull the car I would call the store and give back the order and tell them it is family and it a conflict of interest for you......Or pull it and let your Half sister deal with not paying her bills.....

And yes we have repo'd Family and a neighbor few doors down....

Comment

I've never had it come up, but I think it would be a huge conflict of interest if you treated them any different then any other debtor.

Comment

I have a great family.....we are extremely close and see each other often and usually talk daily. I'd never pick up anyone in my family......After my divorce, they really stepped up and help me out......Why in the world would you throw a relationship away for a few bucks......For those who said business is business.....Shame on you.

I'd probably pay the bill for them. We can work it out later.
                    I walk through the Valley of Darkness and Fear no evil on a daily basis.

Comment

got a couple

Repod cousins car but didn't know it at the time it was in her hubby's name. Then i got my brother Burnett the truck wasn't in his name. He had been over my house too many times to count. 1 day I went outside and Vin'd his truck because it match the description of 1 I was looking for and what do you know it was it. I asked him who named the truck was in he told me and it was the debtor I was looking for . he said I could have it but let him drive it for a few more days unt il he got another vehicle and it worked out fine

Comment

family repo's

Yes, its business, you have to be true to your lenders, we have repoed family, we even repoed 2 cars from one employee, he had got title loans both his cars before he started working with us. Before we repoed we offered him to help him get caught up, but he didn't want the help so we had no choice. Also with family make them aware that you have orders. On they're car, give them a chance to pay up first but if they can't make good they will know you have no choice. Yes awkward but just be fair and honest to debtor and lender. But you just can't NOT do your job!

Comment

You can talk to your lender and let them know of the conflict of interest. I am sure they have three or four other agents they use all the time, they will just reassign that one.

Comment

It's a fine line...

Never with family... plenty of people within my circle, but never family... If you have to repo family to pay ur bills, then it is time to find some side work... There have been a couple times I had given 24 hours to pay, but they thought I was really going to take their ride if they didn't get it taken care of... at least give blood a slim chance to get it squared away...

Comment

Do I count

I repo'd my car. MY ex was pulled over on 64 in chesapeake a few years ago driving my car. she calls me up hysterical saying my car is about to be impounded. I put my powerstroke to work and haul *** to the scene. I get there before the rotation tow truck hallelujah. I get the keys from my ex with the front of the car already in air (LOL THIS IS NOT THE REPO READ ON) The a$$hole state trooper starts yelling at me to put the car down he's not who i called and if i dont im going to jail. At this point I tell him I AM the owner of the car, I didnt know my dumbass ex had no license, and i cant leave my truck on the side of the highway or else I would have driven it away. He still refuses to let me leave with it. Frustrated I leave.
                              I find out where my car is stored and head to the tow yard(HAH THIS IS NOT ME REPOING MY CAR YET EITHER READ ON). I get the fees and at that times times were tight. I called my lender and explained the situation. I was current on my payments but owed close to 500 in impound and storage fees. I asked them for assistance getting it out. They said they would see what they could do and call me back. I did not hear back til 2 days later when they wanted to know the exact fees. That same day I walked in to the assignment and one of the owners called me into the office. She handed me an order that had been faxed over that morning for a voluntary bailout reason: potential loss risk. I said ok She asked well dont you want to look at it. I looked down and my jaw dropped so far it **** near hit the desk. Ive always been a laid back guy even in tense situations like when a debtor fired a shotgun in the air and I told him go inside and put some clothes on by the end of the repo we shook hands. The owner said she knew that this wasn't the best situation did i want someone else to get it. I was like f#$k no if someone is going to repo my S$%T its gonna be me at least ill make money doing it. she cuts the check and puts the order in the system. As i headed out the door, she said "ill be nice i wont even charge you property fee" I turned around and flipped her the bird and walked out (yeah we were one big happy repo fam)...
                              Helping people get back on their feet since 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X