No announcement yet.

Wanted: Feedback from adjustors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that COMMUNICATION is one of the biggest things in making the job easier,or any job easier in that matter.
    Listing to people that are involved in this processes. The repo agent, the bank, the secretaries or customer service people(the paperwork side of it), the computer programmers who make the software for the agents to even the tow trucks and the equipment. I think everyone needs to be able to communicate effectively. That way if there is a problem, its fixed quickly(hopefully). Being on the same page works. Time is money and money is time, either way you look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesM View Post
      First let me say that I have been on both sides. I could go into detail on the differences between Collectors and Repo Agents but I will just stick to what I think would help things a bit.
      Finance Companies / Collectors:
      1. They need to train employees on the very basics of skip tracing and account review.
      Most companies don’t train skip tracing or monitor account reviewing
      a. This includes how to use more than one source of info to triangulate the customer.
      b. How to read notes in the accounts. Looking for CIDS to reverse, etc
      c. How to see if mail is getting returned to the finance company
      d. How to really read a credit bureau
      2. Before an account can be assigned out for repo
      a. The collector should have to show that they did proper skip work.
      b. The collector should also have to prove that they verified the address existed through the post office. It would also help to show they looked at Melissa data, and google maps. Google maps are a good visual that helps in some cases verify an address. I can’t tell you how many times I pulled up an address in google maps that sounded like a home only to find out it was a 300 unit condo complex with a missing condo number.
      Repo Agents:
      Always check every address we get before running it. GPS can be inaccurate. It also doesn’t always tell me there is info missing in the address. It definitely can’t tell me that all the customers recently showing address are somewhere else. Once I started verifying address myself I had better success not running blatantly wrong address or info. I have also picked up some real easy ones because I found info on my own. The customers never saw it coming. On a side note let the collectors know if you think their info is wrong and exactly why. They usually either tell me to run my info or both. Either way it saved me time and money and most collectors appreciate that I took the time.

thats not gonna happen as long as our clients are stuck in the "git em cheap" mode....cause Valero dont have any training classes for repo....so those collectors have little to no background on our industry...they just want a check, some bennies, & soon they move on to another industry who needs cheap, useless help

Comment

When Debtor calls you trying to make payment arrangements, (That they will never keep), get their Telephone Number and maybe their address. Who knows, they might even tell you the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by straightlinerecovery View Post
          When Debtor calls you trying to make payment arrangements, (That they will never keep), get their Telephone Number and maybe their address. Who knows, they might even tell you the truth.
          Fantastic replies, there is nothing worse than running a given to find it has been moved! (mobile home in this case). How is irb for a source?
          "Add Value or Add NOTHING!!!"

http://www.facebook.com/RecoverySolutionsNC

Comment

I always train my skip tracers to verify residency before sending out the account to a driver. We also have a specific process set up to get all current information when a debtor claims they want to pay.

The more we send out crappy information, the less you guys are gonna run it. Besides, I hate going on wild goose chases, so why should I expect you to do it for me?

Comment

review updates

Read the updates sent over before calling the agent needing one. I have updated many cases as I am sure most of the other guys have with things saying debtor moved 2 years ago. Unit was impounded by X company on this date with this phone # and the bill is $ x. Please advise . The list goes on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sixshooter View Post
                I have never worked with BB&T, but as for the ones I have worked with.

Listen to me when I talk to you. I'm a lot more educated then you perceive, I am a professional offering services to you. I know you can get joe bob from so and so wrecker service to pick them up for 50 bucks. But, you get what you pay for.

Don't send me 80 miles out of my coverage area, and flip **** when I ask for a approval on fuel.

Let me know when a transport is gonna show up, or give them my number.

There are 24 hours in a day, and I understand you need your cars to auction... But we do need a bit of sleep.

Thank you.
                I agree with everything.
                I also want to add that I had a transport show up one day at my location they called because my place was not always staffed I run the entire opperation. I told them well we have a couple of problems #1 Xyz did not tell me you were coming #2 They have not authorized the release of the vehicle to anyone #3 you did not call to set appointment so You are not getting anything.
                They proceded to tell me well I am charging for the pick up because I was here I told them that is your issue and that is between Xyz and you.

Well Xyz called me screaming we sent a driver for our unit I told them well our policy that you were advsed of is no authorization for relaese to Abc company or debtor then no release it is to protect myself as well as Xyz from any legal battles. They understood my policy and sent me the release. I told them the next issue was Abc did not make an appointment so I can not release it as I am 150+ miles from my location on another repo so I am not avalible for the release.

Comment

Originally posted by BB & T Gal View Post
                  What can us collections reps do to make your job easier? Don't hold back.

BB & T Gal

This is a really good question, let me see if I can lay it out.

1. When a debtor gets mad and says “just come get the **** thing!” don’t assign it as a voluntary!

2. When you assign an account provide all information. I have been working an account and call the lender to share some info. Only to find out the lender already had the info and I had been wasting my time for the past few hours!

3. Be reasonable, pay for work performed and don’t look for freebees.

4. Talk to your repossessors, seek that personal relationship and communication.

5. Don’t treat repossessors as employees but more as partners with a common goal!

that’s a few off the top of my head….

Big Dog Recovery
                  Phone 888-292-8339
                  Fax 888-873-7163
                  http://BigDogRecovery.com
                  http://recoveryagentsunited.com
                  http://recoveryservicesunited.com

sigpicTrue success will only be achieved through unity!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDogRecovery View Post
                    This is a really good question, let me see if I can lay it out.

1. When a debtor gets mad and says “just come get the **** thing!” don’t assign it as a voluntary!

2. When you assign an account provide all information. I have been working an account and call the lender to share some info. Only to find out the lender already had the info and I had been wasting my time for the past few hours!

3. Be reasonable, pay for work performed and don’t look for freebees.

4. Talk to your repossessors, seek that personal relationship and communication.

5. Don’t treat repossessors as employees but more as partners with a common goal!

that’s a few off the top of my head….

Agree!

Comment

Wow this is like a feeding frenzy, is everyone hungry or what lol.

Comment

A few more thoughts!

6. When a repo agent calls get someone on the line immediately. I am not calling for my health and its normally something that needs resolution immediately. I have called clients only to receive a call back 3 days later when the original issue is well past.

7. Respect hours, We release cars and PP Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 8 am and 5 pm. So don’t send a truck when you know its not a day we are available to release vehicles. I had a recent experience were a client billed me the cost of sending a truck on Thursday. Not my fault so expect me to pay for it.

8. And again, communicate, communicate communicate ……….

I will have more later!
                        Big Dog Recovery
                        Phone 888-292-8339
                        Fax 888-873-7163
                        http://BigDogRecovery.com
                        http://recoveryagentsunited.com
                        http://recoveryservicesunited.com

sigpicTrue success will only be achieved through unity!

Comment

Working...
                        X