repoindustry the online magazine and directory for collateral recovery professionals

Go Back   Repo Industry Discussion Forum > Lender's Corner > Collections Managers and Customer Service Reps

Old 04-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #41
bigdaddy
Repo King

bigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

Quote:
Originally Posted by AegisRecovery View Post
It would be great if we were all given correct info on every file. On the other side of it, if you are a recovery agent who can not skip trace, you are just a tow truck driver. If all the info was perfect all the bank would need would be "tow truck drivers."
The lender should give the repossessors accurate info on the debtors leaving us with the dangerous job of getting the collateral picked up. This business of giving us 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 addresses to run without even a clue of where the debtor is at should not be the norm for cases. Although sadly it is the norm. It should not be 8 out 10 is tough case, but rather 1 in 20 or 30 or more. Lately is seems that 95% of what we get sent is some crappy skip account.
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #42
ziggy319
Mook

ziggy319 will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

Skip accounts are just that. I refuse to run more than3 addresses. Addresses should be qualified. Many company's do nothing do qualify addresses. Simply giving everything on a credit header is not really skip tracing. It is only "diesel skip tracing"
ziggy319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #43
11thHourRecovery
Repo Agent

11thHourRecovery will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
Lately is seems that 95% of what we get sent is some crappy skip account.
I agree I see it everywhere too. I guess my point is this. A lot of these accounts aren't crappy but the skip tracers were lazy. I made bank last year on old "skip files" where some in house skip tracer just copied and pasted the top addresses from accurint and called it good. I would rather be given the factual information from the original lender such as the debtors address at the time the loan was originated, the references addresses and phone numbers as well with how they are related to the debtor. You know the lender always has this info, you can get it if you beg for it. If we started with info we knew was good instead of someone copy and pasting an address that they think is a possible address because its only 2 years old on IRB and demanding that we run it to find out while they sit in their cubical, it would save us all a lot of time and fuel.
11thHourRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #44
bigdaddy
Repo King

bigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

You got that right Ziggy. By rolling around to multiple addresses, you are field skipping for free. More than free, it is costing you. We are paid to go to an address where the lender has a more than reasonable doubt the collateral is. I had one back in December where they said the car is somewhere on XYZ Street. XYZ STREET is 80 blocks long and when I told them that they asked if I could drive it and see if I see it. That is a true sorry no BS added.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #45
11thHourRecovery
Repo Agent

11thHourRecovery will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

Exactly. This is why I would rather just get the facts and do the skip tracing myself.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #46
bigdaddy
Repo King

Yeah but the client should do the skipping or pay us extra if we do it. Our job is to go to residence or business that has been verified by them as accurate or at least connected tot he debtor and safely secure the collateral.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #47
11thHourRecovery
Repo Agent

There ya go, fire your skip trace department. Pay us fair close fees. All is well in the world
Old 05-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #48
blong1717
Lot Boy

blong1717 will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum
Default Contingent

I remember the good old days where we received $150 on every close fee no questions asked and mileage (round trip) no matter how many trips we made.
Welcome to reality....my dad was shredding files that were 7 years old and he showed me our invoices that averaged $600+ a copy.... this use to be fun when you made a profit
blong1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #49
BamaWV
Lot Boy

BamaWV will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum
Lightbulb Skips

I owned a commercial debt collection agency years ago but have been lurking for a few hours to learn from you guys and gals. Thanks!

I used to get more info from nearbys off an old address. The neighbors on the left and right, a couple across the street or hallway,-- one of them hates this debtor's guts and will practically do the work for you.

Old or forwarded paper is not necessarily evil in that here may be a guy who thinks he is 'off the grid' and now has his guard down,-- opening up new accounts and reestablishing credit. Also, if he went south on all his bills and you are the first to catch up to him, you stand a chance of him maybe having money.

BamaWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #50
lookinaround
Lot Boy

lookinaround will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

I believe in working the phone hard to get some valid info before any file is assigned out. No reason to use any field agent as a trial and error worker.
Kills me when good info is ignored because a field agent thinks they're looking at old information.
Had a 400 day account last month where I had verified the job at a diner. Verified the residence with the landlord. Debtor lived above a business storefront. The tow truck driver kept saying the locations were stale because he either didn't see the collateral parked out back, or was just calling the poe and asking for the dbtr, who was being shielded from the calls.
I had to beg the main office for the sites to be rerun.

Driver said he didn't think the diner was even in business. I hung up with him, called the place and asked for the debtor by his nickname. Boss said, he just left, but he's working the morning shift tomorrow.

Effective skippers will work hard to develop good info.
Hard to convince drivers that half baked efforts don't count.
lookinaround is offline   Reply With Quote