repoindustry the online magazine and directory for collateral recovery professionals

Go Back   Repo Industry Discussion Forum > Lender's Corner > Collections Managers and Customer Service Reps

Old 06-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
BB & T Gal
Lot Boy

BB & T Gal will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum
Default What Collections Reps Want

I am speaking for myself and from talking with my colleagues and others people working in recovery and skip departments.

1. Frankness and honesty - If you did not run an account yet or last night, then just be frank about it. If you scratched or dented our collateral, by all means let us know before the debtor does. If you we ask you if you can run an account and it is not really in your service area, say no. Don't say we can do it and then run the account once two weeks after we issued it to you.

2. Feedback - If are unhappy with the way we are working with you, tell us. If you have a problem with a rep, talk about it. It is better than letting it fester. If you unhappy with they way we skipped an account or have some skip suggestion then share it with us.

3. Communication - Please return our calls, get updates to us and let us know if you have a problem ie can't get a vehicle to acution on time or having trouble getting a key made.

4. Respect - Treat the debtors with respect even if they don't do the same to you. There is no need to lower yourself to their level.

That is all I can think of for now.

BB and T Gal
BB & T Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
reaperrepo
El Hefe

reaperrepo will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum
Send a message via Yahoo to reaperrepo

Hey thats all fine and dandy, but i tell you what...oh, from a repo agents point of view ! That goes both ways, we get absolutely no respect from the lenders, in fact they treat us like crap.. plus ive had more problems with pay, not paying for our services or taking over a month to pay, i know this is not important right ? i mean our bills just stop because they dont want to pay on time right ?.. Just saying..
reaperrepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
bigdaddy
Repo King

bigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaperrepo View Post
we get absolutely no respect from the lenders, in fact they treat us like crap..
Hammer hits nail on the head. We are not a bunch of uneducated gits that only graduated form the 6th grade so stop talking down to us. We aren't kids....ok?
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #4
repo chic
Repo King

repo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryrepo chic will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

We passed on points 1 to 4.
repo chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:59 PM   #5
Skiptrace Investigator
Skiptrace/Recovery Agent

Skiptrace Investigator will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

Collections Rep ~ It appears as though you're not working with the right recovery company. Is it possible that there is a price issue involved that is causing the 4 points you mention? I'm confused b/c you are using your experience as a generalization for all repossession companies and its agents?
Skiptrace Investigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #6
danknight60
Lot Boy

danknight60 will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

well id like to add when you give us bad paper and then say we did not run it, or you forget the most important information like the car is at the uncle house but you have the brothers address on the repo order !!!! i have been doing repo's for 20 somthing years and i have seen it done it all but the banks never say hey dan thanks for getting that $150000 car ........ i come from a line of repo's guys that say you get respect when you give it and not before .... now on that note do you have any work for a good repo guy in new york :>)
danknight60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #7
Mikepapas
Repo King

Mikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

Could you pm me a phone # with who i need to get in contact with to become a vendor for my area please
Thanks mike
Mikepapas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #8
BB & T Gal
Lot Boy

Mike, I tried to send you a pm, but I do not have enough posts to do so. I do not work in vendor management, but might be able to get you a contact number this week.

BB & T Gal
Old 07-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #9
BB & T Gal
Lot Boy

Thanks for all the input. I just posted a few things that I have experienced. I also have had plenty of good things in dealing with adjusters. I just wanted to post some complaints that I get from those that work with me.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:05 PM   #10
Mikepapas
Repo King

Mikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryMikepapas will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

HERE IS MY INFO
American Lenders Service Company Of Quincy IL
P.O. BOX 180
Quincy IL

Phone : (217) - 228-0450
FAX : (217) - 228-0524

E-Mail : quincyil@americanlenders.com
WEB www.americanlendersquincyil.com

Thanks
Old 07-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #11
SouSolutions
Repo/Skiptrace Engineer

SouSolutions will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

A good compliant that can resolve your issues. Most large banks want someone to cover the whole state and if you are fantastic in 1/4 of the state with great references, you get passed over because of your coverage area. If you are not happy with a company in that coverage area try someone else possibly even smaller, they are hungry and want an opportunity to secure a large client, keep them happy and will work their behind off to see it happens. If you hire a great company with a smaller coverage area, it is possible to save money if that company suits your needs better even in that small area.
SouSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #12
Ocorrect1
Repo King

Ocorrect1 will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

hey sosolutions-- I work south of atlanta -- may be able to do some trade offs for your area-- you want in?
Ocorrect1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #13
securedrecovery123
Repo Agent

securedrecovery123 will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

We communicate with lendors twice a day and is a good policy for us as we run two shifts and each shift is able to update their corresponding clients
securedrecovery123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #14
ACRGSalesRep
Sales & Marketing Rep.

ACRGSalesRep will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB & T Gal View Post
Mike, I tried to send you a pm, but I do not have enough posts to do so. I do not work in vendor management, but might be able to get you a contact number this week.

BB & T Gal
I have personally done business with BB&T before I can say that I know and understand EXACTLY what is needed and required to satisfy the client. At ACRG, we strive to build our relationship with any client by making taking our services and molding them around the client's needs versus just providing them with what any other competitor can. BB&T Gal, can you please PM me so I can find out who I need to contact in Vendor Management to send my company's materials over for review? I would like the chance to bring BB&T on to my company as a Client. Thanks!!
ACRGSalesRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #15
Mikepapas
Repo King

I just done my first repo for BB&T BANK today
It was a 2010 STAR colf cart worth $ 16,500 ..... WOW...for a dam colf cart
Old 01-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #16
ACRGSalesRep
Sales & Marketing Rep.

ACRGSalesRep will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikepapas View Post
I just done my first repo for BB&T BANK today
It was a 2010 STAR colf cart worth $ 16,500 ..... WOW...for a dam colf cart
Congratulations!! I know how BB&T works and the quality/amout of business they can send a person that they have working for them. I am hoping to build a relationship with them here at ACRG so that we can work alongside them .... GOOD JOB, Mikepapas.
ACRGSalesRep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #17
bigdaddy
Repo King

bigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directorybigdaddy will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

Are they mostly in the South though? Use Summs skip I think.
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #18
Mikepapas
Repo King

We have a local dealer here that the only thing he sales is high $$$ go carts, bikes, golf carts, etc and the use this bank.... Im locate it in illinois - missouri - iowa right on missisipi river.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #19
sitemember
agent

sitemember will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum
Default BB&T Requirements

What does BB&T require to be an agent for them? If anyone has any contact info it would be nice.
sitemember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #20
lookinaround
Lot Boy

lookinaround will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

Boils down to mutual respect
lookinaround is offline   Reply With Quote