No announcement yet.

Half-tank of gas spurs $5M suit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legally the time varies in different states, but I believe repo men/companies are required to inform/ask the individual if they want to remove any personal belongings from the car at the time of acquirement, and give them a number of hours or days to come to the location and retrieve something of theirs that they had forgot. If it was within the 24-48hr timeframe I believe, then she would be entitled to the 50 bucks worth of gas, although most companies I know would have given her the gas or some cash for gas given the fact she was smart enough to think of it after the window had expired. Although due to the research she did, so probably convinced some quack judge to settle for like 500k for some ad campaign or a new mandated clause in contracts, when we all know the correct judgement who have been toward the company.

Comment

If there were some mechanical way to safe remove the gas from the vehicle from the repo lot I would say yes. Since no vehicles I know of make it easy to remove fuel, then no. It is a safety concern.

We have had a few issues with tanker trucks, but the individual way able to hook to a hose and transfer into another vessel with little effert.

Comment

When her

Originally posted by RepoScout View Post
        Legally the time varies in different states, but I believe repo men/companies are required to inform/ask the individual if they want to remove any personal belongings from the car at the time of acquirement, and give them a number of hours or days to come to the location and retrieve something of theirs that they had forgot. If it was within the 24-48hr timeframe I believe, then she would be entitled to the 50 bucks worth of gas, although most companies I know would have given her the gas or some cash for gas given the fact she was smart enough to think of it after the window had expired. Although due to the research she did, so probably convinced some quack judge to settle for like 500k for some ad campaign or a new mandated clause in contracts, when we all know the correct judgement who have been toward the company.
        When her vehicle was sold at auction, the buyers were allowed to check out the vehicles before the auction.

If it had a full tank of gas, they figured that in to the equasion they used to determine how much they would bid on the vehicle.

Because of this , she recieved fair market value for her vehicle and her gasoline.

She is asking for two bites of the apple.

Comment

If you file a stupid law suit you should be put straight in a hard labor prison for 6 months...

Comment

Originally posted by CWM Asset Recovery View Post
            When her vehicle was sold at auction, the buyers were allowed to check out the vehicles before the auction.

If it had a full tank of gas, they figured that in to the equasion they used to determine how much they would bid on the vehicle.

Because of this , she recieved fair market value for her vehicle and her gasoline.

She is asking for two bites of the apple.
            That definitely benefits her.

Comment

Working...
            X