Hi from VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from VA

Hi all. My name's Steven, from Fredericksburg, VA. Been lurking the board for a few months now. Great info here, and seems like a great group of pros that can teach an "old rookie" like me a lot of good lessons.

I guess I could start by a little backstory on how I got here, for those that care to read. I'll keep it as short as possible.

Friend of mine used to own an auto transport/recovery business. I worked part time helping him doing repo work for mom and pop "buy here pay here" dealers, while he was running the transporter up and down the east coast.

But, all in all, the full time 60 hour a week job, and the 36 hours a weekend doing repo work just got to be too much for me. Then fuel prices soared, and put his transportation side under.

So, a few years went by, and right before this past Christmas, I found myself out of work. The small company I was working for doing computer tech work had to cut costs, and unfortunately, I was near the bottom of the ladder.

Now this is confusing......

A close personal friend, and former manager at a past job of mine, started another recovery company, through a friend of his who owned a local tow company. Well, he found a good paying, solid schedule job elswhere, and left the repo business to the owner of the tow company's son. Long story short, it's a mess.

Well, me needing work, being pretty intelligent and all, he decides that he could use me, and put me to work right away. Awesome... I love most everything about the business, and I didn't have to fight to find a job. But, it's not all rainbows and butterflies. Possibly more on that later. And here we are.

I'm guessing that's long enough of an introduction. Looking forward to getting to know all of you guys and girls, and picking up any and all tips and tricks shared.

welcome to RI hope you learn from some peoples mistakes on here but good luck

Comment

Welcome to RI Final Notice!!

Comment

Welcome Steven, and Happy Hunting!
        Wil

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome, thanks for the bio. Good luck

Comment

Welcome and good hunting!

Comment

Welcome =) Nice to meet you.
              -If you don't pay, we take it away-

Comment

There's a lot of NC people here. What parts? Been thinking of moving to NC and going at it on my own actually. More the outer banks area. But I don't think there would be much repo work down there.

Comment

Welcome Steven!
                  JY

Comment

well that is the whole stateif I was you I would go to FL set up get license there and go to town there aint much here it is a doggy dog world in nc. Oh btw i am close to Charlotte,NC

Comment

welcome from philly pa
                      CARMEN REPOYOUNGSTER GIANNONE
                      REPOSSESSION AGENT
                      GIANNONE SERVICES INC.
                      CONFIDENTAL L.L.C.
                      "HATED BY MANY CONFRONTED BY NONE"
                      "YOU DONT PAY I TAKE AWAY"

Comment

welcome to the board....

Comment

Dang....after that introduction were practically family.

Can I borrow some money
                          I walk through the Valley of Darkness and Fear no evil on a daily basis.

Comment

Welcome..:.....

Comment

hello from Hampton, VA!

Comment

Working...
                              X