Repoindustry.com Forum Guidelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jclark View Post
    I have been in this industry for 30 years, I have watched a few sites come and go. A big reason is a few take over the site and run the others off, if those few could show some understanding and give them guidence rather than a hard time it would go a long way to a sucessful site.
    I agree and I am going to get a little more aggressive on sending name calling, rude posts and maybe some posters to the impound lot. We were all newbies in the repossession business at one time. We all can learn something from each and every poster on here. Just because someone does not know the the right answer or correct way of doing something does not mean they are stupid or should be ridiculed. It means someone did not educate them and that is why the site is here. They are here to be educated.

A person with no experience needs to go work for a professionally run repossession company for a LONG time before they even consider setting up shop in the auto repossession industry I know 2 big repossession companies that were started with no experience and have become successful, however it is an extreme rarity.

Aside from those two, an interesting notable figure is Steve Norwood, the owner of CARS. He was a computer programmer / businessman with no repo experience. He developed a proprietary program as a software developer on input from lenders and repossession company owners. That software ended with him becoming a forwarder. From what I understand, that was not his intention but clients using his software pretty much forced it upon him. In my opinion, he and his company are the "cherry" on the forwarder "Sundae" when it comes to success and his (and his staff) ability to work with repossessors in an upright manner.
    List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

My 2 cents

First I just want to say, I am not saying this is directed at me, but through comments and PM’s I have received as well as certain posts I just thought I would air this out, and maybe clear things up for some or confirm what they think. Take it as you will.

I know that some people here may think that I am mean or rude or trying to run people off, however that is not the case at all, unless you are a poser or a troll…..

I have been in this industry a long time, I have been in it through the good times, and the bad times. I have seen technology come from nowhere and change this industry. Some change for the good, and some for the bad. I still use all my old school tactics as a foundation to build off of and I think everyone should know them. Do I have all the new technology, yes I do, but as we all know, technological things go down from time to time, what do you do then? That’s where having a background in the old school tactics really helps out.

I have seen many good agents turn into horrible owners and lose everything they have, because they were to quick to jump the gun and dove in head first when they are not ready. I will not apologize, nor am I sorry for trying to prevent that. Again, just because you get advice and its not what you wanted to hear, does not make it bad. Have thick skin and take constructive criticism, it will only make you better.

I have made almost every mistake there is to make, short of criminal acts in this business, my bluntness is to make sure people don’t make the same mistakes I have made, and its also to weed out trolls..

I am more than willing to help anyone, but again I am very blunt and matter of fact and some people can not take that. However you don’t have to lie to kick it as they say, if you don’t give us the accurate information, then the advice you are getting may not work because it is based off of inaccurate information.

Do I ask everyone what their background and experience is? Sure I do, I like to know who I am talking to and it helps me post better responses or answer questions better, and I think others feel the same way.

Am I outspoken and very opinionated? Sure I am but one of the things that makes this forum better is the difference of opinions, and it really helps to see all sides of an issue even if you don’t agree with the other persons view.

We have a newbies lounge here for people to post intros in, and so many people don’t utilize it….Is there a way to structure it to where they cant post anywhere else until after they have provided an intro? A lot of people seem to be bothered by that question? Maybe I am just old fashioned, but I find it to be good manners to introduce yourself when you are new to a group of people.

I am very sarcastic and I like to joke around. If you are new and you don’t know that then most likely you are taking some things that I am saying wrong….

As I have pointed out before, look at NVTowing as an example….We are at each others throats with anything related to politics, however when there are real questions, real answers are provided. We also have very civil discussions through PM’s about politics…He knows its not personal, and I know its not personal. If you have a question on what I mean when I say something ask me…If you don’t want to ask me openly then PM me….

I am not going to change, I will always be blunt and to the point, and I want the same in return when dealing with me…Don’t sugar coat things for me just tell me your blunt thoughts…I may agree, and I may disagree and you will know either way, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I wont make things personal, it’s just business….Also I have posted several times where if I am wrong, show me and I will happily eat my words and apologize…….I have called out several trolls and posers on here and not one of them has ever taken me up on my offer and tried to prove me wrong, what does that tell you? I know how I would react if someone called me a liar, or a troll, and I am sure it is similar to how some of you would too….

Just because you may not like what I have to say, that does not make me wrong. Are there times when I could have more tact, sure there are, however less blunt and more tact is a new thing for me.

From the newest rookie agent, to the oldest salty veteran, we can all learn from each other…We can learn what to do and what not to do, and that’s one of the reasons I believe this forum is here.

I am done ranting now, I just wanted to write this due to some of the emails I have received….If anyone has any questions ask away or pm me…

Regardless of what you may think I am more than happy to help, and there are others here who can attest to this.

Good luck
      -Mac
      Last edited by Patriot Recovery; 02-01-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

well said patriot.

Comment

Brad, I feel we should be able to question who a new member is. Is there anything wrong with that?
          "America's Best Repo Agent"

Comment

to pat : Hi I am Johnny I am too a Repoman......ooops I thought this was RR for recovering repomen lol.......

But pat I agree 100% and Brad I am with Abra ad pat on this

Comment

I agree too. There is nothing wrong with finding out the background and experience. I just want to keep it friendly. None of this was directed at anyone, especially Patriot. The members here as well as myself enjoyed his posts and threads and have benefited greatly from his knowledge.

Click here

Comment

I was wondering where Patriot went and thought he got banned or something crazy. Wot ever happened to Crazy Blond? She was on here every single second of the day and she has been MIA for weeks.

Comment

I though Crazy Blond was a dude trolling and pretending to be a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                    I though Crazy Blond was a dude trolling and pretending to be a woman.
                    I thought you were a troll pretending to be a guy, but really a girl.

Comment

Yeah thats me

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot Recovery View Post
                        First I just want to say, I am not saying this is directed at me, but through comments and PM’s I have received as well as certain posts I just thought I would air this out, and maybe clear things up for some or confirm what they think. Take it as you will.

I know that some people here may think that I am mean or rude or trying to run people off, however that is not the case at all, unless you are a poser or a troll…..

I have been in this industry a long time, I have been in it through the good times, and the bad times. I have seen technology come from nowhere and change this industry. Some change for the good, and some for the bad. I still use all my old school tactics as a foundation to build off of and I think everyone should know them. Do I have all the new technology, yes I do, but as we all know, technological things go down from time to time, what do you do then? That’s where having a background in the old school tactics really helps out.

I have seen many good agents turn into horrible owners and lose everything they have, because they were to quick to jump the gun and dove in head first when they are not ready. I will not apologize, nor am I sorry for trying to prevent that. Again, just because you get advice and its not what you wanted to hear, does not make it bad. Have thick skin and take constructive criticism, it will only make you better.

I have made almost every mistake there is to make, short of criminal acts in this business, my bluntness is to make sure people don’t make the same mistakes I have made, and its also to weed out trolls..

I am more than willing to help anyone, but again I am very blunt and matter of fact and some people can not take that. However you don’t have to lie to kick it as they say, if you don’t give us the accurate information, then the advice you are getting may not work because it is based off of inaccurate information.

Do I ask everyone what their background and experience is? Sure I do, I like to know who I am talking to and it helps me post better responses or answer questions better, and I think others feel the same way.

Am I outspoken and very opinionated? Sure I am but one of the things that makes this forum better is the difference of opinions, and it really helps to see all sides of an issue even if you don’t agree with the other persons view.

We have a newbies lounge here for people to post intros in, and so many people don’t utilize it….Is there a way to structure it to where they cant post anywhere else until after they have provided an intro? A lot of people seem to be bothered by that question? Maybe I am just old fashioned, but I find it to be good manners to introduce yourself when you are new to a group of people.

I am very sarcastic and I like to joke around. If you are new and you don’t know that then most likely you are taking some things that I am saying wrong….

As I have pointed out before, look at NVTowing as an example….We are at each others throats with anything related to politics, however when there are real questions, real answers are provided. We also have very civil discussions through PM’s about politics…He knows its not personal, and I know its not personal. If you have a question on what I mean when I say something ask me…If you don’t want to ask me openly then PM me….

I am not going to change, I will always be blunt and to the point, and I want the same in return when dealing with me…Don’t sugar coat things for me just tell me your blunt thoughts…I may agree, and I may disagree and you will know either way, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I wont make things personal, it’s just business….Also I have posted several times where if I am wrong, show me and I will happily eat my words and apologize…….I have called out several trolls and posers on here and not one of them has ever taken me up on my offer and tried to prove me wrong, what does that tell you? I know how I would react if someone called me a liar, or a troll, and I am sure it is similar to how some of you would too….

Just because you may not like what I have to say, that does not make me wrong. Are there times when I could have more tact, sure there are, however less blunt and more tact is a new thing for me.

From the newest rookie agent, to the oldest salty veteran, we can all learn from each other…We can learn what to do and what not to do, and that’s one of the reasons I believe this forum is here.

I am done ranting now, I just wanted to write this due to some of the emails I have received….If anyone has any questions ask away or pm me…

Regardless of what you may think I am more than happy to help, and there are others here who can attest to this.

Good luck
                        -Mac
                        Where have you been Patriot? Get back to posting when you aren't busy.

Comment

We had a little dispute in the wee hours of last night. I had to delete some posts.

Let's try to refrain from attacking people personally. Our forum is for the respectful exchange of ideas. You should thus never personally attack the people behind those ideas. Some members will sometimes make a valid comment, only to end with “You’re an idiot!” or worse. And some will dispense with the valid argument part altogether. Using personal attacks adds nothing to the conversation and only shows that you do not have anything insightful or intelligent to offer.

Have a nice weekend.

Click here

Comment

Working...
                          X