Why is it so hard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michael_repo View Post
    you guys seem to have problems finding good employees while i on the other hand have a hard time finding a good company to work for . atleast thats the case in my area. im not the only one that seems to think the same . all the companies around here dont value employees, they mistreat them , try to give them **** pay and then want to demand you to put max effort and bend over backwards for them. seems like i need to move up north.
    Question - Have you considered opening your own company and if so why did you not do so?

Comment

Originally posted by JTDAMiami View Post
      Question - Have you considered opening your own company and if so why did you not do so?
      repo business is not the same as it use to be. too many companies doing the job for almost free. not worth the hassle. don't try and tell me operating a company is hard and thats why employees suffer. everytime i read what other companies offer on here that are out of state , it sounds like a dream compared to how it is down here.

Comment

Originally posted by michael_repo View Post
        repo business is not the same as it use to be. too many companies doing the job for almost free. not worth the hassle. don't try and tell me operating a company is hard and thats why employees suffer. everytime i read what other companies offer on here that are out of state , it sounds like a dream compared to how it is down here.
        I think we both can agree it is really, really tough down here.
        Expenses are super high, lot, insurance, cost of living... as compared to Tennessee or North Carolina.

And yes, with all the unlicensed cowboys out there, the pirate wrecker operators, they have brought prices way, way down.

What people post on here may not always be true, remember that.
        One way to find out is...go for it....relocate for awhile....let us know how it goes.

But South Florida it a tough market to survive in.

Comment

Originally posted by JTDAMiami View Post
          I think we both can agree it is really, really tough down here.
          Expenses are super high, lot, insurance, cost of living... as compared to Tennessee or North Carolina.

And yes, with all the unlicensed cowboys out there, the pirate wrecker operators, they have brought prices way, way down.

What people post on here may not always be true, remember that.
          One way to find out is...go for it....relocate for awhile....let us know how it goes.

But South Florida it a tough market to survive in.

couldnt agree with you more.

Comment

The golden rule - DO NOT HIRE FAMILY!!

Comment

So i agree with hard to find good help, I have been through a few drivers in the last year but i think i have found a few good ones now, I pay more then the other local competitors, ( I know this from repossessing a few other company drivers recently) I have had a few that didnt know i have GPS on the trucks and i caught lying to me on where they were. Such as had a driver not to long ago spend Hrs on end at random females houses ( Wife at Home ) and then ***** about not making any money... WTH i pay per car, you dont pull a car you dont get paid unless your scanning plates. I really dont understand that mindset, Interviews they all seem very Motivated and after they find out its not all about drama they tend to fade away.

I pay more with the thought of if i treat them good and pay them good that they are more willing to like there job and stay working hard. That alone is a 50/50 shot. Its just the cost of doing Business, I will say this, if you pay **** then your going to get **** employee's. Either get greedy and deal with the high turn over or pay good and do a higher volume with good help.

Comment

we hire infantry vets. they can keep a level head and control a situation with no problem.

Comment

hire from local collection agencies. they are already commission driven, the know the FDCPA, have knowledge of the CFPB, most are quite good at speaking to people and can talk cars out of people on doorknocks fantastically, and half of them are so sick of sitting in an little cubical that they jump at the chance to be out and about driving around.

Comment

I also find that hiring agents with families helps out a lot as well. People who have families and support them with this style of job usually have better work ethic knowing that have to pull in everything they can to survive. Most times when you hire single, younger agents it doesn't take much for them to live so they don't push as hard. I know for many years when I was in the truck I worked long hours to support my wife and two kids because I had no choice being the bread winner. Feel them out and watch for certain personality traits that all your agents who left had. You'll be surprised how much they all had in common vs. the agent that stuck around. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by BryanFaithFinancial View Post
                      i hate hiring someone elses problem child....we strive to hire and train men with no experience....i also double HATE hiring cops....they are lazy and think they know everything....ex military usually require more babysitting....both cops and ex mil types have the govmint "tell me what to do" mentality instead of a "figgr it out" mentality....got little use for either

Lmfao....I guess I'm a triple downer!! Military, cop, AND know it all!! Seeing I also have a Master's in Psychology.... No ****, there I was...Lazy as F**k!! 21 years, self employed, running a successful, 2 truck, family run Agency with no one to tell me what to do!!

Comment

Btw....I have 2 of 3 sons under 23yrs old, busting *** 60-80 hours a week!!

Comment

Hiring someone with little to no experience helps because they're determined to do their job right since they're after the job experience they need in order to qualify for higher level jobs in line in this field. At least, we can say they are not that self-entitled.

Comment

Interesting thread!
                            Nationwide Repossession Management Services

Comment

Working...
                            X