repoindustry the online magazine and directory for collateral recovery professionals

Go Back   Repo Industry Discussion Forum > Lender's Corner > Collections Managers and Customer Service Reps

Old 10-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
SeaKelly
Mermaid of the Repo Sea

SeaKelly will learn how to make money with an auto repossession business
Send a message via Skype™ to SeaKelly
Default Voluntary vs Involuntary

VOLUNTARY: Debtor initiates call to lender to surrender vehicle, lender assigns it to recovery agent. Lender advises debtor that recovery agent will contact to schedule time for pick up.

INVOLUNTARY: Debtor fails to make payments, lender assigns it to recovery agent.

Question: Is there a situation in which an Involuntary can be changed to a Voluntary after it has been assigned to an agent? Personally, I say no....
Old 10-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
abra
America's best Repo Agent

abra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryabra will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

Status from invol to vol can be changed, but pay should not be changed to reflect the status.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
sitemember
agent

sitemember will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

If the keys are not with the car and it's not readily accessible then no longer should it be labeled voluntary. Even though debtor called To turn unit over now more work is envolved in properly securing collateral.
sitemember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
SeaKelly
Mermaid of the Repo Sea

SeaKelly will learn how to make money with an auto repossession business
Send a message via Skype™ to SeaKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by abra View Post
Status from invol to vol can be changed, but pay should not be changed to reflect the status.
I most definitely agree that the fee should not change. Coming from a banking background, a true Voluntary is when the debtor doesn't have to be talked into surrendering the vehicle . The debtor, of their own freewill, contacts the lender who then assigns it to an agent or forwarding company. Anything else is an Involuntary...in my opinion.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
David Simpson
carstlr

David Simpson will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

I will not change an invol to vol . When sent out as an invol and I run address unit not there blocked in garage or what ever I have time and money invested. The debtor knows we are looking for car and calls in after 3 months of no contact to surrender its to late for vol. I have had cases where I made contact with debtor for location of unit and they call client with location of uint and client wanted to change to vol. I just will not change to vol.
David Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
davidnz
Repo King

davidnz will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKelly View Post
VOLUNTARY: Debtor initiates call to lender to surrender vehicle, lender assigns it to recovery agent. Lender advises debtor that recovery agent will contact to schedule time for pick up.

INVOLUNTARY: Debtor fails to make payments, lender assigns it to recovery agent.

Question: Is there a situation in which an Involuntary can be changed to a Voluntary after it has been assigned to an agent? Personally, I say no....

Hell NO ..it don't go backward... We have to deal with that almost every week..... I have dropped accts that try to pull that and pay us less....
davidnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #7
arsrepo
Repo Man

Location: city of philadelphia home of the eagles and phillies
arsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directoryarsrepo will list your company in the repoman directory / repossession company directory

unless you wanna pay double the voluntary fee and a close fee then it stays a invol im not burger king you don't get it your way im in this business to make money.
arsrepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #8
Luxor79
Repo King

Luxor79 will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

Only if no work has been done by the agent or company. Which has to be pretty quick for us since most accounts are worked within 12 hours or less of assignment.

Vol is phone call, arrangement made to pick up with debtor/driver, and one trip.
Luxor79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #9
AlexinTexas
Repoman

AlexinTexas will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

see this is where a few lien holders are getting confused.... when your calling and trying to press the debtor for a payment and they get tired of you saying it will go out for repo and they say " i dont care come get it then" That is not considered a voluntary! also its not a voluntary if you dont send us a phone number! LMAO Seriously Drive!
AlexinTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #10
BigDogRecovery
Repo King

BigDogRecovery will join our repoman forum  repo man forum auto repossession forum

Quote:

I would agree because chances are the work has already started and the invol price should apply!
BigDogRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:06 AM   #11
BryanFaithFinancial
chief janitor

BryanFaithFinancial will learn how to make money with an auto repossession businessBryanFaithFinancial will learn how to make money with an auto repossession business

Quote:

no....I don't go backwards....chances are if a debtor calls in saying just come pick it up....a real repossessor has worked the account as an invol and forced the call....that diligence should be paid for
BryanFaithFinancial is offline   Reply With Quote