No announcement yet.

The 'C' Word...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but the client should do the skipping or pay us extra if we do it. Our job is to go to residence or business that has been verified by them as accurate or at least connected tot he debtor and safely secure the collateral.

Comment

There ya go, fire your skip trace department. Pay us fair close fees. All is well in the world

Comment

Contingent

I remember the good old days where we received $150 on every close fee no questions asked and mileage (round trip) no matter how many trips we made.
        Welcome to reality....my dad was shredding files that were 7 years old and he showed me our invoices that averaged $600+ a copy.... this use to be fun when you made a profit

Comment

Skips

I owned a commercial debt collection agency years ago but have been lurking for a few hours to learn from you guys and gals. Thanks!

I used to get more info from nearbys off an old address. The neighbors on the left and right, a couple across the street or hallway,-- one of them hates this debtor's guts and will practically do the work for you.

Old or forwarded paper is not necessarily evil in that here may be a guy who thinks he is 'off the grid' and now has his guard down,-- opening up new accounts and reestablishing credit. Also, if he went south on all his bills and you are the first to catch up to him, you stand a chance of him maybe having money.

If my standards are not high enough, kindly lower yours.

Comment

I believe in working the phone hard to get some valid info before any file is assigned out. No reason to use any field agent as a trial and error worker.
            Kills me when good info is ignored because a field agent thinks they're looking at old information.
            Had a 400 day account last month where I had verified the job at a diner. Verified the residence with the landlord. Debtor lived above a business storefront. The tow truck driver kept saying the locations were stale because he either didn't see the collateral parked out back, or was just calling the poe and asking for the dbtr, who was being shielded from the calls.
            I had to beg the main office for the sites to be rerun.

Driver said he didn't think the diner was even in business. I hung up with him, called the place and asked for the debtor by his nickname. Boss said, he just left, but he's working the morning shift tomorrow.

Effective skippers will work hard to develop good info.
            Hard to convince drivers that half baked efforts don't count.

Comment

Working...
            X