Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glen Mills dentist slapped with attempted homicide against two repossessor's (pa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Mills dentist slapped with attempted homicide against two repossessor's (pa)

Wednesday, February 23, 2011
    By DANIELLE LYNCH
    [email protected]
    More charges — including attempted homicide — have been filed against a Glen Mills dentist and a West Chester man accused of assaulting a pair of “repo” men, according to court records.

Richard Philip Kaufman, 60, of Glen Mills — who was federally indicted last August for tax fraud — along with 57-year-old Michael Norley of West Chester, were arrested following an assault.

The alleged assault unfolded about 11 p.m. Sept. 16, 2010. State police responded to Ivy Lane in the Glen Mills section of Concord for a fight. Further investigation determined the fight started over a car repossession conflict.

The incident occurred shortly after two employees from a repossession company knocked on Kaufman’s door. Kaufman did not answer the door, so the employees decided they would leave his property. Just as the employees attempted to leave, Norley reportedly pulled into Kaufman’s driveway in an sport utility vehicle, blocking their access to the street.

When Norley got out of his car, he reportedly had a black zip-tie bag in one hand and a solid metal bar in the other hand, records say. Norley then demanded the victims — a 20-year-old Plymouth Meeting man and a 19-year-old Conshohocken man — leave Kaufman’s property. The victims explained they were there to repossess a vehicle.

Norley then allegedly struck the victims with the metal bar, according to court records. Shortly after, Kaufman came out of his home and reportedly assisted in the beatings, using a baseball bat, records say.

The victims suffered multiple severe injuries and were taken to the hospital.

Kaufman and Norley were originally charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, harassment and conspiracy. Norley’s original charges also included disorderly conduct and driving with a suspended or revoked license.

Last week, the Delaware County District Attorney’s office requested attempted homicide charges be added for both men, according to court records.

Kaufman was additionally charged with possession of an instrument of crime, unlawful restraint, false imprisonment and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, records say.

Both Kaufman and Norley are being held in Delaware County prison in lieu of 10 percent of $50,000 bail. Their preliminary hearing is tentatively scheduled for this afternoon at the district court in Aston.

The federal charges filed against Kaufman allege he has not filed legitimate income tax returns since 1991, according to an indictment unsealed on Aug. 25, 2010.

The charges include one count of corruptly endeavoring to obstruct or impede the due administration of the internal revenue laws; three counts of false claims and four counts of failure to file tax returns. The trial for that case is scheduled for March 7.
    CARMEN REPOYOUNGSTER GIANNONE
    REPOSSESSION AGENT
    GIANNONE SERVICES INC.
    CONFIDENTAL L.L.C.
    "HATED BY MANY CONFRONTED BY NONE"
    "YOU DONT PAY I TAKE AWAY"

Sad to say here is the update -----page 1

http://delcotimes.com/articles/2011/...c017488125.txt

2 acquitted of major charges after scuffle with repo men

A Glen Mills dentist recently convicted of filing false income tax claims was acquitted of aggravated assault and conspiracy charges in another case following a bench trial before Judge Patricia Jenkins last week.

Jenkins acquitted Dr. Richard Philip Kaufman, 60, and Michael Norley, 56, of West Chester, of all felony charges stemming from a fight with a pair of repo men last fall.

She found them guilty only of simple assault, a misdemeanor of the first degree.

The two 20-year-old repo men testified that they had come to Kaufman’s residence on the night of Sept. 16, 2010, to take custody of a Jeep Commander registered to Kaufman’s wife, Denise.

Carmine Giannone said he had been to the residence several times in the days prior and left notices of repossession. On the night of Sept. 16, he took Corbin Vasquez with him as a lookout.

Giannone testified that he knocked for about five minutes on doors and windows of Kaufman’s home at 311 Ivy Lane, to no avail. He then spoke to a neighbor and learned the Jeep was parked in the garage. Giannone said the two were preparing to depart when Norley parked his own Jeep behind their vehicle, blocking them in.

According to Giannone, Norley came out of his truck angry, holding a length of pipe. He told the repo men they were trespassing and to clear off. When Giannone replied they had every right to be there, he said Norley smashed his knees with the pipe and hit him again in the face as he fell to the ground.

Giannone said as Vasquez moved to subdue Norley, Kaufman came out of his house and restrained Giannone with an aluminum baseball bat. Giannone said he had words with Kaufman about ownership of the vehicle, then went to retrieve his fallen canister of mace.

When he returned to where Vasquez was scuffling with Norley, Giannone said he saw Kaufman hit his partner in the head or shoulder area with the bat.

Comment

Page 2

Norley, who had recently had a triple hernia surgery at the time and suffers from multiple sclerosis, gave a much different account. He said Denise Kaufman called him and told him the repo men were outside making a ruckus.

Norley said he was wary of the two men who quickly approached as he gingerly exited his truck. He tried to talk to them, he said, but Vasquez sucker-punched him and he went to the ground. Norley said he swung his pipe and connected with Giannone’s knees.

Denise Kaufman also testified to calling Norley, who was staying in their guest room, and said she saw one of the two young men hit him first, though she couldn’t say which.

“Mike had just had major surgery and now he’s out there on the ground and these two kids are beating the crap out of him,” she said. It was then that Kaufman went out to try to help, she said.

When the two returned to the house, Denise Kaufman said Norley’s eye looked ready to pop out of the socket and her husband had Norley’s blood on him, but appeared unhurt.

Assistant District Attorney Michael Dugan argued the Kaufman’s were fed up with having repo men come to their home and had coordinated a two-fronted attack to scare them off.

Dugan added that there was no documentation of Norley’s supposed injuries, but there were pictures of the Giannone’s and Vasquez’s injuries.

Kaufman’s attorney, William Wismer, argued there was no conspiracy because Kaufman and Norley never spoke to coordinate any attack on the two men. Wismer said his client applied a “reasonable amount of force” in defense of his property, as allowed under Pennsylvania law.

Norley’s attorney, Kevin Wray, likewise argued the two men acted in self-defense of what were “functionally trespassers on private property.”

Wray said the repo men had not properly conducted themselves and failed to simply walk away when they had the chance.

Jenkins set an Oct. 31 sentencing date for the simple assault charges. Kaufman also has a Nov. 7 sentencing date in federal court for his recent tax conviction.

Comment

im not trying to start another round of crap between me and the ummm person involved in this story but considering his questionable past in his backround and activities does this story even belong on this forum as he is not a reposessor and im not totally sure imo he had a legal right to act as one the day the incident happended i would like other peoples opinions espically brad our admin's

Comment

This is the first time I read this story. It says two repossessors were assaulted. Was the initial story from a news source? There is no link as required. Was he an agent at the time? Was he on a repo? Who was he repossessing the car for? Can you fill me on on the whole story either here or in a PM?
          List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

Oh, ars can you direct to me what post you were talking about here?

http://repoindustry.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=171
            List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

oh that was something i posted by mistake twice so i just deleted the second one lol

Comment

Ya it sad to hear that his felony charges got thrown out but its really because my partner didn't show to testify but im just happy it didn't get thrown out completly and brad I can fax u a copy of my pa repossessor lic. Should you need to verify my current and past repossession ability
                CARMEN REPOYOUNGSTER GIANNONE
                REPOSSESSION AGENT
                GIANNONE SERVICES INC.
                CONFIDENTAL L.L.C.
                "HATED BY MANY CONFRONTED BY NONE"
                "YOU DONT PAY I TAKE AWAY"

Comment

lol ill tell ya what carmen if you fax brad a current verifable pa re lic in your name ill not only publicly appoligize on here but ill even buy you dinner as a sign of friendship hows that?

Originally posted by repoyoungster View Post
                  Ya it sad to hear that his felony charges got thrown out but its really because my partner didn't show to testify but im just happy it didn't get thrown out completly and brad I can fax u a copy of my pa repossessor lic. Should you need to verify my current and past repossession ability

Comment

That's not rite they go free yet there trying to throw the book at a agent for using a old police car to Repo. Gotta love the justice system.

Comment

Working...
                    X