Getting a AWD off your flatbed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a AWD off your flatbed

We use our flatbed to haul in repossessions that are badly wrecked, missing tires, 4 wheelers, an assortment of towns, small farm and commercial equipment and of course all wheel drive vehicles. I hose the bed down with soapy water and shake the all wheel drive vehicles off with the bed full tilt down. I know this is bad for the truck, but it works for me.

How do you get your AWD repos off of your flatbed?

Skates

Comment

back up really fast and slam on the brakes. JK...don't do that.

Comment

I chain it up to a big truck and drive out

Comment

skates or reverse winch if your truck has the little side puller attatchment on the bed if you don't know what i mean aw direct sells them great tool to have

Comment

If at the lot, I will pull the linkage and let it roll off. Or I will use the winch to pull it off.

Comment

Skakes, shake and wd40 baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Capital_Recovery View Post
                Skakes, shake and wd40 baby!
                The shake method has been proven to brake transpins on some cars. I stoped doing it and if you do use caution.

Comment

IMO, it is also bad for the flatbed. It is hard on the frame, bed and other working parts. Heck, hitting potholes and bumps day in and day out is bad for a truck, so imagine what doing a shake and bake with a 5000 lb. explorer does to your flatbed.
                  List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

All of our equipment in intact with no damage. Done right and it only takes 2 shakes to get the first half of the car onto the ground. At that point we simply drive the flatbed out. Thanks for the concerns. We have never broken anything in the 15 years that we have been repossessing vehicles. No claims and the run/loss record is perfect.

Comment

Working...
                    X