NEW to this work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW to this work

(I posted under a different subject so forgive me if I am repeating myself)

I just received a job offer for a large repo company(doing vehicle recovary). My dilemma is that I would have to relocate for the job. I am on the fence because there is no salary it is only commision based. The company does about 1500 repo's per month. Does anybody out there know if this is the norm for this type of work? And is there real money to be made or is it BS? I have no idea and need advice!!

more

To where would you have to move? No company just puts an agent in a truck without experience so either you have a bunch and know what you are getting into or you are starting at ground level, i.e. spotter or LPR car. Did you visit the company and have you talked to any of the other workers? 1500 is a large number for sure, unless they cover a HUGE area that number would be hard to see from a single office location.

Comment

RE

I have experience as a private investigator, I applied and they hired me. I would be doing skip tracing as well as other tasks. I don't know much about the industry and have no idea if this is a good career choice. I did visit the company and it is in Ohio. Apperently they have a very high volume of cars.

Comment

Originally posted by repolady123 View Post
        I have experience as a private investigator, I applied and they hired me. I would be doing skip tracing as well as other tasks. I don't know much about the industry and have no idea if this is a good career choice. I did visit the company and it is in Ohio. Apperently they have a very high volume of cars.
        when I first started in this industry I did some skip tracing for commission only. It was terrible. Getting paid while trying to prove that your information lead to the recovery was not always easy. Commission only works fine when you have a clear defined goal that is clear when its reached, such as spotting or recovering a car.

This company may not be that way, but its my 2 cents on the issue.

Comment

I cover parts of Ohio there are only 2 companies that could even claim to be this big, and I know for a fact that neither of them bring in 1500 cars per month. I am only covering a small part of it for a couple key customers because they are not doing a good job. I was asked to cover a lot more I took on a small piece for now to see how it goes but the volume is very good, still no chance they are getting 1500 so that would be a issue. If they are going to inflate the recovery numbers just think how much they inflated your possible income. I am pretty sure I know the company you are talking about now, if you have questions PM me and give me a number to call you and I will answer any that you have. The only good thing is you are really putting a lot of thought into it before just jumping into a move.

Comment

RE

It does sound like they are inflating the numbers and my potential pay. I may look into other employment opportunities.

Comment

RE

Originally posted by flgator23 View Post
              I cover parts of Ohio there are only 2 companies that could even claim to be this big, and I know for a fact that neither of them bring in 1500 cars per month. I am only covering a small part of it for a couple key customers because they are not doing a good job. I was asked to cover a lot more I took on a small piece for now to see how it goes but the volume is very good, still no chance they are getting 1500 so that would be a issue. If they are going to inflate the recovery numbers just think how much they inflated your possible income. I am pretty sure I know the company you are talking about now, if you have questions PM me and give me a number to call you and I will answer any that you have. The only good thing is you are really putting a lot of thought into it before just jumping into a move.
              I am trying to PM you but this site said I have to have 5 posts..Thouht I had more than 5..OH well

Comment

I am trying to PM you but this site said I have to have 5 posts..Thouht I had more than 5..OH well

Newbies Forum (21 Viewing)
                Come here first and introduce yourself to the the other members of the forum. Posts made in Newbies DO NOT count towards a members post count. Absolutely no flaming or insults allowed in this forum - NO EXCEPTIONS!
                List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

Working...
                X