Bad Back Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Back Anyone?

I have 2 herniated discs in my back thanks to a 20 year old girl texting and using the rear end of my truck as her brakes. I have been in physical therapy for 6 months now. Friday I will be having an injection procedure done under live x-ray, they will be injecting lidocaine and cortisone into the nerve root at my c-4,5 vertebrae. Long story short I am a large guy so I think that it also makes me the worlds largest chicken because I fear needles. They will be putting me under "twilight" sedation. Who of you have had the injection procedures done with a similar injury, did you find relief? Was there a significant amount of pain? I have watched the videos and know what will be happening to me, but, I would like to hear from any of you that have had the injections and your opinion on their value for healing.

I hope you get better! I cannot relate to this as I am still young but if I keep my eating habits I might start suffering from back problems and other health problems, we need to start eating healthy guys!

Comment

good luck bro

Comment

Thanks guys, I am only 31. So not old I just have a big fear of needles so the fact that they are going to go through my throat to get to the nerve root at the spinal cord is gonna make me crap my pants. Was wondering if anyone had these **** injections to talk me off the ledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael the insurance guy View Post
          I have 2 herniated discs in my back thanks to a 20 year old girl texting and using the rear end of my truck as her brakes. I have been in physical therapy for 6 months now. Friday I will be having an injection procedure done under live x-ray, they will be injecting lidocaine and cortisone into the nerve root at my c-4,5 vertebrae. Long story short I am a large guy so I think that it also makes me the worlds largest chicken because I fear needles. They will be putting me under "twilight" sedation. Who of you have had the injection procedures done with a similar injury, did you find relief? Was there a significant amount of pain? I have watched the videos and know what will be happening to me, but, I would like to hear from any of you that have had the injections and your opinion on their value for healing.
          I have the same crap and every month I had to get a shot in the back. I did it once and never again!!! It made my back worse than it was. My back affects my upper legs,I get numbness and a burning pain. It's a injury that sucks and the meds. They give you for it make hard to work at least this job. All I got to say is good luck hope your procedure works out better than mine..

Comment

Repo man I said talk me off the ledge not push me off the building! lol
            Thanks for the honesty, I hate taking all of the meds they give me because it is hard to bring your A-game to business when you are taking Pain killers and muscle relaxers all day. I know that my best case scenario with the shots is only going to make me not feel the pain anymore, it will do nothing to actually make me better. I thanks you all for the well wishes and I hope my procedure works out better than yours as well. This first time will only be in the neck, my lower back pain has gotten better over the last 6 months of physical therapy. I still have numbness issues in my left leg all the time but the pain associated with it has lifted to the point where i just have to watch what i do and not aggrivate it.

Again thanks to all of you for the honesty and well wishes. I go in Tomorrow at noon so I will let you know if it worked some time next week.

Comment

Keep us posted Michael.

For years I used to have back problems but do not now. I think it was a combination of bouncing around in a wrecker, being overweight and inactivity. I have lost the weight, take a calcium every day and do exercises that strengthen the spinal erectors in my back. I keep active both with aerobic exercise and free weights. Not a bit of pain there, but my left shoulder is messed up as well as my left wrist. Both of those problems are from injuries that happened years ago.
              List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

Michael, I had cortisone injections in my spinal column and three MRI's.
                The injections did not do any good and They operated in 2008, doing a Laminectomy on eight vertebra. That left me with spasticity in both legs. To control the spasticity, I take three of the four medications that are approved to control it. I take them three times per day. These are all "Do not operate heavy equipment "type drugs. That is what retired me. I could not have these drugs in my blood stream and drive a wrecker or deal with hostile people in hazardous situations. If anything happened, it would automatically be my fault. I had a disc removed and two vertebra fused on June sixth this year. I play golf three times a week and take care of things around the house. There are things I can no longer do. I can't run and my legs get weak after a day of activity and I have to rest up the next day. This is what I want you to understand. If I had insisted on a good neurosurgeon immediately and pushed the issue, I could have missed the spasticity and would still be working.
                Cowboy up and get your spine repaired. You are just a kid and you have a long way to go in life.

Comment

Originally posted by ADMIN View Post
                  Keep us posted Michael.

For years I used to have back problems but do not now. I think it was a combination of bouncing around in a wrecker, being overweight and inactivity. I have lost the weight, take a calcium every day and do exercises that strengthen the spinal erectors in my back. I keep active both with aerobic exercise and free weights. Not a bit of pain there, but my left shoulder is messed up as well as my left wrist. Both of those problems are from injuries that happened years ago.
                  i think thats why my back is starting to hurt .. **** stiff leaf springs

Comment

Ok so good times! While I think I feel better from the injections in my neck, the side effects are so far not worth it. They injected through my throat into my C-5 Vertebre on both sides of my neck. So on the right side of my face, all is well, however, on the left side my throat hurts so bad that i can not make any facial expression, it hurts to talk, it hurts to chew, swallow, turn my head, cough, or anything that will make you flex the muscle in your throat...which i am quickly learning is almost every time you move any part of your body! So this update is not such a good one, already argued with the doctors assistant as the doctor is on vacation all this week...go figure. They tried to tell me that it was not there fault and that i just got a cold. At that point I made the doctors assistant get on the phone becuase i had to ask if they thought i was an idiot...it just so happened that i got a cold as soon as the lidocaine wore off in my neck??? Wow how unlucky I must be. He talked in circles and has no answers for me but add heat and take motrin. So long story short is F-Doctors!

Comment

Heat for old pain, ice for new pain/swelling.

My wife has suffered from back problem for many years.

Frankly, I think that's why they call it a "practice". None of'm are good at their jobs, and still trying to get it right.

Hope you feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael the insurance guy View Post
                        Ok so good times! While I think I feel better from the injections in my neck, the side effects are so far not worth it. They injected through my throat into my C-5 Vertebre on both sides of my neck. So on the right side of my face, all is well, however, on the left side my throat hurts so bad that i can not make any facial expression, it hurts to talk, it hurts to chew, swallow, turn my head, cough, or anything that will make you flex the muscle in your throat...which i am quickly learning is almost every time you move any part of your body! So this update is not such a good one, already argued with the doctors assistant as the doctor is on vacation all this week...go figure. They tried to tell me that it was not there fault and that i just got a cold. At that point I made the doctors assistant get on the phone becuase i had to ask if they thought i was an idiot...it just so happened that i got a cold as soon as the lidocaine wore off in my neck??? Wow how unlucky I must be. He talked in circles and has no answers for me but add heat and take motrin. So long story short is F-Doctors!
                        Sorry to say I told you! Those idiot doctors got a quarter inch margin of error on those injections. Bet he hit a nerve,you really need to Google what people say about the doc. Before you let him come within a 1/4 in. Of paralyzing you. I think my doctor was a pill pusher and shot me in the spin too put me in more pain..

Comment

I have lived with back pain for 30+ years. Had the cortisone shots and all they did for me was an allergic reaction. Go to a chiropracter off and on. The best thing I did for my back pain and sore legs was I purchased a Select Comfort air mattress. It is awesome. Instead of going to chiropractor once a week it is now about once every 3 or 4 months. Sometimes if it hurts really bad I take a muscle relaxer and go to la la land and wake in the morning feeling pretty **** good.

Comment

Yea this is not much for fun. I talked to my mom who was an ENT nurse for 20 years and she looked at my throat and said that there was no imminent danger from allergic reaction or anything crazy but that she thinks they knicked a nerve with the needle and made it very angry with me. I called the dr's office yesterday and went in to make sure that all was well and of course they just told me that they went through a muscle and made it very angry. They had no real answer for my questions of if you injected both sides why does only one side hurt so bad. The only one that I got was that sometimes muscles get angry and sometimes they dont. Then she gave me another prescription for pain killers and sent me on my way with the instructions to continue to take 3 10mg percocet, 3 10 mg flexaril, and 3 ibuprofin 800 a day! And here I was obviously an idiot because I was under the impression that the whole reason for the shots was to get away from the pills!

Comment

Taking that mixture of pills will put you in la la land for sure. I sure hope you are not driving. One little 10mg muscle relaxer puts me out cold. I don't think I could take all those together.

Comment

Working...
                              X