Advertising w/RepoIndustry.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising w/RepoIndustry.com

Let me air my rant...Noticed a similar post but here goes mine...I clicked on the directory and went to Oklahoma...Noticed there is quite a few companies advertised that are not even located in Oklahoma...To repo w/a wrecker in Oklahoma you have to be licensed thru the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety...You have to jump thru hoops and pay a fee for inspection and a wrecker tag to be a LEGAL LICENSED repo/wrecker...the other post said something about a "repo code" and if we are supposed to snitch on other people...If I see a wrecker w/just a regular Oklahoma tag, or one w/a "out of State" tag, I will SNITCH you out in a heartbeat...If you live in Oklahoma and are not licensed, then there is probably a reason why; You dont meet the qualifications...If you are a out of State company and you skip a dbtr to Okieland, then just contact a company here, or have your client contact one and resolve the matter like that...Its not like there is a shortage of Finance Co's, Banks, CU's, BHPH's, etc...

I have worked in Oklahoma and am familiar with the truck and employee inspection/background check. Don't know how thorough the background check was, it just took a day.

The truck inspection is a good idea and I think many states are starting to require yearly inspections. About the only thing I didn't agree with is that the tow truck had to be DRW.

As far as some one coming from out of state, I do not know what OK laws says about it. Might be silent on the mater. I would hate to think there is such a fine line that a repo starting in another state moves to just over the line must be closed out with on company and opened with another.

Comment

Originally posted by RepoOklahoma View Post
      Let me air my rant...Noticed a similar post but here goes mine...I clicked on the directory and went to Oklahoma...Noticed there is quite a few companies advertised that are not even located in Oklahoma...To repo w/a wrecker in Oklahoma you have to be licensed thru the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety...You have to jump thru hoops and pay a fee for inspection and a wrecker tag to be a LEGAL LICENSED repo/wrecker...the other post said something about a "repo code" and if we are supposed to snitch on other people...If I see a wrecker w/just a regular Oklahoma tag, or one w/a "out of State" tag, I will SNITCH you out in a heartbeat...If you live in Oklahoma and are not licensed, then there is probably a reason why; You dont meet the qualifications...If you are a out of State company and you skip a dbtr to Okieland, then just contact a company here, or have your client contact one and resolve the matter like that...Its not like there is a shortage of Finance Co's, Banks, CU's, BHPH's, etc...
      Welcome to RI::: However, to jump on this site as a newbie and start saying that if a repo company comes into Oklahoma and repo's a car and you see them and your going to snitch on them and try to cause them an issue when you don't know if they have permission to be there or not. I am a Fully Licensed, Insured and Bonded company that does things legally and If I get a repo in Oklahoma for my client and I can verify that it is there I am going to come and get it. However, as a legit company I will do my due diligence and call to see what I need to do to get this unit picked up and what they tell me to do but I will get my car. Just a friendly suggestion to you:: Before you start off on this site that way you must understand that 95% of the guys/gals and companies on this site are true professional people and will do things the right way in whatever state they need to get a unit picked up in. So, to be and get the respect that you deserve learn this and be respectful on this site. I am a true believer in the RI site and respect all that I have made friends with on here and they can offer you alot of good Insight into all kinds of things and situations. SO TREAD LITELY:::: Have a good day:::::

Comment

Try RDN, last time I pulled my city on RDN it showed companies 200 miles away.

Comment

OKLAHOMA WRECKER TOWING AND SERVICES MANUAL

https://www.dps.state.ok.us/ws/WSManual.pdf

595:25-3-1. General requirements
          The following are the requirements for obtaining a wrecker license:
          (1) License required. No operator as defined by law, regardless of storage location, shall operate a wrecker vehicle upon any public street, road or highway of this state for the offering to tow vehicles or the actual towing of vehicles without first obtaining from the Department a license as provided in this Chapter. Any wrecker vehicle being operated on any public street, road, highway or turnpike in violation of Oklahoma law or these rules may be removed from service by Oklahoma law enforcement officers.

“Operator” means any person or legal entity owning or operating a licensed wrecker vehicle or a licensed wrecker or towing service and any employee thereof.

After doing a quick review of the OKIE rules I ask myself a question. Can an out of state wrecker who does not offer wrecker services as available in Oklahoma and whose truck is not registered in Oklahoma, temporarily enter Oklahoma for the purpose of repossessing a unit and leaving the state with the unit, without falling under the jurisdiction of Oklahoma rules.

From the quick review that I did ,I can only conclude that the Oklahoma wrecker rules are silent on this question. It clearly states that an entity who establishes itself within the state of Oklahoma must be licensed. An out of state "visitor" with a wrecker...??? That is a good question!

Florida is much clearer on this issue. It doesn't matter if you use a wrecker or not, the individual performing the repossession, whether from Florida or not, must be licensed. So if you come in from Georgia, that individual must be licensed and work under a licensed Florida Agency.

Bravo on standing strong regarding unlicensed activity within your state and yes, on your first visits here, walk softly, get acquainted with the many professionals here.

Comment

Originally posted by JTDAMiami View Post
            OKLAHOMA WRECKER TOWING AND SERVICES MANUAL

https://www.dps.state.ok.us/ws/WSManual.pdf

595:25-3-1. General requirements
            The following are the requirements for obtaining a wrecker license:
            (1) License required. No operator as defined by law, regardless of storage location, shall operate a wrecker vehicle upon any public street, road or highway of this state for the offering to tow vehicles or the actual towing of vehicles without first obtaining from the Department a license as provided in this Chapter. Any wrecker vehicle being operated on any public street, road, highway or turnpike in violation of Oklahoma law or these rules may be removed from service by Oklahoma law enforcement officers.

“Operator” means any person or legal entity owning or operating a licensed wrecker vehicle or a licensed wrecker or towing service and any employee thereof.

After doing a quick review of the OKIE rules I ask myself a question. Can an out of state wrecker who does not offer wrecker services as available in Oklahoma and whose truck is not registered in Oklahoma, temporarily enter Oklahoma for the purpose of repossessing a unit and leaving the state with the unit, without falling under the jurisdiction of Oklahoma rules.

From the quick review that I did ,I can only conclude that the Oklahoma wrecker rules are silent on this question. It clearly states that an entity who establishes itself within the state of Oklahoma must be licensed. An out of state "visitor" with a wrecker...??? That is a good question!

Florida is much clearer on this issue. It doesn't matter if you use a wrecker or not, the individual performing the repossession, whether from Florida or not, must be licensed. So if you come in from Georgia, that individual must be licensed and work under a licensed Florida Agency.

Bravo on standing strong regarding unlicensed activity within your state and yes, on your first visits here, walk softly, get acquainted with the many professionals here.

Thanks That was my main point that I was trying to make. But again if I had a repo in that state and was close enough to get it I would get permission and go and get it. That's my rant::: Sorry people

Comment

Working...
            X