hey everone lookin to get on with a company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey everone lookin to get on with a company

hello everyone i just found this site while looking for more info on this industry. i've always been interested in repoing if anything part time and work my way up the ranks with a company and work my way up the ranks i have a clean class A cdl. I am looking forward to learning as much as i can off this site.

I also have private investigating history as my brother owns his own company and i have helped him many times get his mark. If anyone can steer me in a direction to either get with a company or even help find a company it would be greatly appreciated thank you
    ps im from ipswich mass.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Have you checked our auto repossession company directory search? *

If not click here

I know we have a member that operates in Ipswich. I am not saying that they are hiring, but who knows. Also craigslist always has a slew of repo agent job ads as well.

* Shameless plug of our auto repossession company directory search
      List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

Howdy - do you have any experience?

Comment

hello and thanx for all the helpful advice. ive checked in with the company out of ipswich and they werent hiring but hey it was worth a shot. as far as do i have expierence. i would say No but im not totally green to the type of work. I have some expierence with flatbed tow trucks and I used to take care of foreclosed homes I.E. evictions cleans outs etc. Where i have been told i really shine is skip tracing my older brother owns a private investigating company out of florida and Ive been on several multi car stake outs tracking down people. Im a somewhat big guy 6'2 220 so i can fend for my self. Im just looking to break in to the industry from the bottom up. I dont expect it to be anything like the show ( which i think is totally fake) private investigating is fun and all but i think repoing would be more up my ally. so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Have you had a read of the articles found here? http://repoindustry.com
            List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

I really dont understand why your so interested in the repo business ? I know the TV shows are portraying this glamorous, exciting business.. but let me tell you, i been doing this since i was 14 and im 48 now.. usually people get into this business cause they were born in it.. Its not galmorous, as anyone in it will tell you, if you act like those fools on TV, you'll either get killed or wind up in jail.. its long, long hours, lots of night work and holidays... you absolutely must conduct yourself in a proper manner so you dont get hurt, get the collateral damaged or violate the law, which is very clear.. you have to posess outstanding people skills and no how to handle varius situations, cause i'll tell you, things can get out of control in a New York minute.. these people can be real idiots... I seen all kinds of people come into this business over the years and this has escalated tremendously in the past few years since those bogus, Hollywood TV shows that DO NOT portray the reality of the job.. have came into view. Very few have remained in the business, plus you need to deal with lenders and thier crap.. Its a really tough business, takes years and years to learn.. I mean you know the old saying, if it was easy, everyone would do it ! right ? Well do you think everyone just found out about this business since the shows ? LMAO I absolutely cannot keep repo agents.. after they see the real side of the job.. Here i am 34 years later and still having to do most of the work myself.. LOL Good luck ! The Reaper

Comment

Originally posted by reaperrepo View Post
                I really dont understand why your so interested in the repo business ? I know the TV shows are portraying this glamorous, exciting business.. but let me tell you, i been doing this since i was 14 and im 48 now.. usually people get into this business cause they were born in it.. Its not galmorous, as anyone in it will tell you, if you act like those fools on TV, you'll either get killed or wind up in jail.. its long, long hours, lots of night work and holidays... you absolutely must conduct yourself in a proper manner so you dont get hurt, get the collateral damaged or violate the law, which is very clear.. you have to posess outstanding people skills and no how to handle varius situations, cause i'll tell you, things can get out of control in a New York minute.. these people can be real idiots... I seen all kinds of people come into this business over the years and this has escalated tremendously in the past few years since those bogus, Hollywood TV shows that DO NOT portray the reality of the job.. have came into view. Very few have remained in the business, plus you need to deal with lenders and thier crap.. Its a really tough business, takes years and years to learn.. I mean you know the old saying, if it was easy, everyone would do it ! right ? Well do you think everyone just found out about this business since the shows ? LMAO I absolutely cannot keep repo agents.. after they see the real side of the job.. Here i am 34 years later and still having to do most of the work myself.. LOL Good luck ! The Reaper
                oh i totally understand man in no way am i looking for the tv expierence its bogus like u said. iv always found the repo biz interesting and wanted to give it a try and now im in a position to. even before the hollywood buzz but thank u for your input i really appreciate it

Comment

thinks for the info everyone

Comment

Originally posted by reaperrepo View Post
                    I can tell you one rreason among many. The thrill of finaly catching that guy that keeps getting away, as long as there is no violence. Otherwise, 16-20 hour days will keep someone busy that need to be occupied to keep from spending a lot of time with depressing things on their mind.

Comment

Welcome!

My son drug me into this mess and now I'm in so deep I couldn't get out if I wanted too. Good luck

Comment

well i talked to a few repo companies and they said work as a spotter and maybe something will come along so im gonna give it a try and see how it goes luckily i have a steady salary job thats only 4 days a week and then maybe once or twice a month in the winter so im in the perfect position to do spotting work on the side. i dont care what the tv shows say about the repo industry im one of those hands on kind of guys that likes to see things for myself and im very persistant so to everyone that through me support thanx for everything

Comment

It is the perfect job for a man . You leave the cave , go hunting, catch something real big and drag it home ! The next day or night, you do it again. You get threatened a lot and once and a while someone actually tries to kill you. What could be better than that !

Comment

A wife whose up when I get home, and understands the hours?
                            Wil

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

Comment

welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X