Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto repossession agent with car

http://www.heraldonline.com/109/story/825130.html

Rock Hill woman hits auto repossession agent with her car, police say 9-18-08

David Fowler had a job to do: Repossess a car."She had it hidden beside her bedroom window," Fowler, 20, said of the car's owner. "I backed up to it and bent down to hook a wench cable to the car."
    That's when police and Fowler say the owner came outside her Rock Hill house, hopped in the car and ran over the Boiling Spring man's arm, leaving tire marks to show.
    "It's never happened to me before," Fowler said of the incident.
    Police on Wednesday charged Demetria Evette Dockery, 25, of 306 Clayton Ave. with assault of a high and aggravated nature after the assault happened Monday night at Dockery's house.
    Around 10:30 p.m., Fowler was trying to attach a cable to Dockery's car to repossess it, according to a York County Sheriff's Office report.
    "She came out of the front door screaming and yelling at me," said Fowler, who was under the car. "She said, 'You're not taking my car.'"
    The report notes Dockery told Fowler she would "run over him."
    "She managed to get in the car and cranked it," Fowler said. "I asked if she could wait until I got my arm from under the car. She said, 'I care nothing about you or your arm.'"
    Then what should have been a routine repossession became anything but, he said.
    "She put it (the car) in reverse and jumped the car backwards," Fowler said. "Once I saw that she wasn't playing, I got out from under it. As I was pulling my arm out, the tire ran down the side of my arm."
    Tire marks were left on Fowler's left arm, the sheriff's office report notes.
    "It only hurt for just a little while," said Fowler, who did not seek medical treatment.
    Dockery drove off, and police were unable to locate her; however, authorities later arrested her around 6:30 a.m. Wednesday. She was released on a $5,000 personal recognizance bond about four hours later.
Working...
X