Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repossessors accused of stealing car part during repo

http://www.sunherald.com/2012/01/29/...ccused-of.html

HARRISON COUNTY -- Two tow-truck operators are accused of stealing a car part from one vehicle before they repossessed a different vehicle from property on East Shadow Creek Drive in Biloxi, authorities said.
    Sheriff’s officers arrested Jason Marshall Burnett, 30, and Richard Wally Wedgeworth, 37, Friday afternoon on a charge of grand larceny.
    They were arrested on a complaint filed by a man who called the sheriff’s office to report his daughter’s vehicle had been repossessed from his property and a water pump had been stolen from the front seat of his own vehicle, Sheriff’s Maj. Ron Pullen said.
    Deputies found where the repossessed vehicle was being stored and found the car part inside it, Pullen said.
    Investigators identified Burnett and Wedgeworth as the two who were in the tow truck when the items were taken.
    They were arrested Friday and booked at the Harrison County jail. Justice Court Judge Brandon Ladner set bond for each at $10,000. Both men were released on bail Friday night.

That is amazing... sounds like some smalltown im connected so my word is better than the snake doctor bs.

when I go to a parts store and get a lot of or a large part i wouldnt necessarily remove it from the car I drove until I was ready to do the job... I just dont see how they were charged, amazing.

Comment

So they found the part in the daughters car? Now what if the debtor was being a jerk and made that up? I mean the part is in the repossessed car? Maybe he left it in there, and also I could see if the part was in the tow truck but in her car? That can't stick???

I mean wow that is a cop who hates them repo boys!

Comment

It sounds like we are not getting the full story here.....It would be interesting to see if the water pump is on the personal property inventory.

Its not strange to me that the part from one car is in the other.

Its strange to me that if they really stole this that they left it in the repod vehicle.

Its strange to me that the article mentions items, yet only says a water pump.

It almost sounds like the debtor is trying to look for a loop hole out of the repo or trying to create a wrongful repo type situation.

Dont get me wrong, if the repo men are guilty, I hope they get the maximum penalty for someone again giving our industry a black eye.

If they are innocent I hope that is acknowledged publicly and they charge the debtor with a filing a fals report and I hope the repo men sue him, even though there is probably not much to get.

Comment

Also

Originally posted by Patriot Recovery View Post
          It sounds like we are not getting the full story here.....It would be interesting to see if the water pump is on the personal property inventory.

Its not strange to me that the part from one car is in the other.

Its strange to me that if they really stole this that they left it in the repod vehicle.

Its strange to me that the article mentions items, yet only says a water pump.

It almost sounds like the debtor is trying to look for a loop hole out of the repo or trying to create a wrongful repo type situation.

Dont get me wrong, if the repo men are guilty, I hope they get the maximum penalty for someone again giving our industry a black eye.

If they are innocent I hope that is acknowledged publicly and they charge the debtor with a filing a fals report and I hope the repo men sue him, even though there is probably not much to get.

Grand Larceny for a water pump ? ?

Give me a break, what a reach !

Comment

I am not sure if this is was poor journalistic reporting, a poor police investigation or maybe the prosecutor had his car repossessed and is still mad about it. I really see no probable cause for the arrest. Do they have a misdemeanor witness rule in that weird state??
            List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

Originally posted by CWM Asset Recovery View Post
              Grand Larceny for a water pump ? ?

Give me a break, what a reach !

I never said grand larceny....why am i quoted?

Comment

You didn't but the article does. Maybe he likes your statement?

Comment

Wasn't

I wasn't quoteing you, just the news artical !

Grand larceny is a pretty far reach over a water pump, wouldn't you agree ?

Comment

^ I would think a misdemeanor conversion for theft of a $79 part myself.
                    Last edited by BRADMIN; 02-01-2012, 11:15 AM.

Click here

Comment

Originally posted by CWM Asset Recovery View Post
                      I wasn't quoteing you, just the news artical !

Grand larceny is a pretty far reach over a water pump, wouldn't you agree ?
                      Absolutely......

What gets me is they talked like multiple things were stolen but only mention a water pump.

Comment

So does that state not allow you to take personal property when you take a car? I wish I could clean the car out where I picked it up and not have to deal with personal property. But to get arrested for something in a car you recovered, what a joke.

Comment

They would be arresting a lot of repossessors if this story is accurate!

Click here

Comment

Working...
                          X