No announcement yet.

Houston - Deputies force repo man to return detective's truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cops forcing a repoman to drop his car? I would guess it has happened to all of us that have been in the repo game for a while.

Comment

WWWOOOWWW!!! I had a run in with the auto theft division back around November or December... him and another guy came out and checked VIN's on cars I had at the back of my property... small world!!!

Comment

I had an officer tell me to drop a car couple times. I tell em all the same If you can figure out how to get off and unhooked you can remove it. Otherwise arrest me or let me go.

Been arrested once , cost them 10 grand and the officer his job.

Comment

Clearly what the detective did was wrong and I'm sure he will be disciplined by the Police Department. What I would be more worried about if I were this Agent is the potential lawsuit brought against the lender and his employer because of his actions. By telling his local newspaper about the financial problems these people are having he has broken federal law in as far as 3rd party disclosure goes. Not only has he broken the law, actual damages could potentially be huge. He has ruined this guys reputation in the community, along with his wifes. Be careful what you say and to who you say it too.

Comment

this is crazy, I've had a few officers try and tell me that i have to drop the car,i just laugh at them and hope they try and arrest me for it lol

Comment

It was a pretty dick move. What was he expecting, when he decided to take a car from the cops, let alone their parking lot lol. It would have been better to give him a pass on the off hand that one day you are towing a car and forgot to add the magnetic brake lights on the rear car. Instead of paying a 200 dollar fine, etc, he would have let it slide. If your job involves police contact at some point, it would be in your best interest to keep it respectful, and not even talking to the wife is not a professional courtesy.

Comment

Working...
              X