Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facebook Co-Founder renounced U.S. citizenship: America is OK, Rules That Are a Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Co-Founder renounced U.S. citizenship: America is OK, Rules That Are a Pain

I agree. Too many rules strangling business. And some of you want more and like all that intrusive state licensing!

Read the full article here

Eduardo Saverin, the Facebook co-founder who gave up his U.S. citizenship, has nothing against the U.S., just its complicated rules on U.S. citizens holding money overseas, a spokesman said.

Mr. Saverin, who now lives in Singapore, decided last year to renounce his U.S. citizenship, a decision that was made public a few days ago. The move sparked an outcry among some tax experts who suspect he’s aiming to save on taxes. Although Mr. Saverin will have to pay a hefty exit tax for renouncing his citizenship, based on some calculation of his assets, Singapore is a relatively low-tax jurisdiction, particularly for foreign investors, and does not levy capital gains tax. Thus he could save in the longer term.

More
    List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Tax Dodger?

What's funny is that he's so upset that it's too "difficult" to hide his money overseas that he is taking the option to leave altogether. Oh to be rich and have such concerns. You're welcome Mr. Saverin for the education and opportunity to gain all that wealth. Thanks especially for not letting our country benefit as much from all your success.

Comment

Originally posted by ADMIN View Post
      I agree. Too many rules strangling business. And some of you want more and like all that intrusive state licensing!
      He sounds like an unpatriotic communist that hates America. I hope that isn't you admin.

Comment

Wasn't Eduardo Saverin originally a citizen of Brazil?

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
          He sounds like an unpatriotic communist that hates America. I hope that isn't you admin.
          Far from it. I am a patriot that bleeds red, white and blue. I would like to see the country get back to what it was founded on. Which is little taxes, little government intrusion into my life and little government. We had a revolution over a tea tax (and taxation without representation). Just one little tax and it seems now, with the 200 or so state and federal taxes we have now, we had a better deal with King George.
          List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

I agree -- Please tax my tea and leave my income alone.

I hate tea by the way.

Love my country, distrust my government.

Comment

All that hype and look where the stock went down. Just another publicity stunt in my opinion. Sen. Chuck Schumer was apparently upset with the news of Mr. Saverin that he is trying to get a law passed that would make it more difficult for people to try to become a US citizen again in the future if they had renounced their citizenship prior due to similar reasons as Mr. Saverin.

Comment

Working...
              X