Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repo Man Accused of Pulling Knife on Man & Child

http://www.wspa.com/spa/news/local/a...h_knife/17860/

Investigators say a repo man pulled a knife and threatened a man and his 11-year old daughter. And it’s not his first time behind bars.

Shannon Huffman, owner of Buffalo Towing & Recovery, was arrested Friday on two counts of assault with intent to kill after an incident that occurred two weeks ago.

According to an incident report from the Union County Sheriff’s Office, Huffman went to a home on Berry Farm Road on May 5th to repossess a car from a man named Terrence Jeter.

Jeter says he was in the car attempting to leave when Huffman pulled his wrecker in front of the car, blocking his path.

“He started waving these papers at me,“ says Jeter, 28. “I told him I had the (car dealer’s) money and I would bring it to him tomorrow.“

He says Huffman jumped out of the truck and pulled out a pocket knife.

“I said, ‘Oh, you’re gonna cut my tires so I can’t leave! And he said, no, I’m going to cut you, (expletive)!“ says Jeter. He says his 11-year old and 6-year old daughters were watching the encounter. He says his 11-year old ran toward Huffman and he then threatened her with the knife.

“She said, ‘Don’t you cut my daddy!‘ and he said, ‘You better get the (expletive) back!“ says Jeter, making a stabbing motion with his hand.

Jeter says he had his girlfriend call 911. The incident report states that deputies arrived to find Jeter’s daughters crying and “extremely frightened”. The report states Huffman denied having a knife and he voluntarily came to the sheriff’s office to give a statement. Huffman was arrested on Friday at his home.

“I was surprised when they showed up here saying I was under arrest,“ says Huffman. “I didn’t do anything!“

Huffman claims he did not have a knife. He says the only thing he took out of his pocket was a pen. The incident report states that Jeter’s 6-year old daughter described the knife as being “black and clear”.

“It’s a really nice pen, but it’s not a knife and I did not threaten anyone,“ says Huffman.

Jeter says he saw the weapon. He says it was a silver and black pocket knife.

“I know the difference between a knife and a pen,“ says Jeter. “I’m not dumb.“

It’s not Huffman’s first brush with the law during a repossession incident. In April 2008, he was charged with drawing in affray in Union. Police say he threatened two men with a nightstick. Huffman says he was only defending himself because the men threw rocks at his truck while he was repossessing their car. That charge is still pending.

He was also arrested in 2006 for improperly towing a vehicle. That charge was dropped. Huffman filed suit against the town of Jonesville and Union County Sheriff’s Office for the arrest, but a judge dismissed the suit.
Working...
X