Repo Man Shot Dead During Repossession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when Gregg came out of his home shooting
    Anynoe who comes out of the home shooting should be charged with first degree, not second degree murder.

If you and your family are inside the home, safe, and not under any danger of physical harm then there is no reason why you should even come out of the home, shooting.....

You should be on the phone calling 911 and giving police a description of what is going on....

When questioned, Gregg allegedly said "I shot him. . . I shot, fell and then shot again, it was an accident."
    How can shooting him twice ever be considered an accident?

Pointing a firearm and having your finger on the trigger is no accident... it is an intentional action.

Comment

Jury finds Gregg guilty of involuntary manslaughter

September 25, 2015

http://www.fauquiernow.com/index.php...nd-charge-2015

The jury Friday afternoon found Carroll E. “Tootie” Gregg Jr. guilty of involuntary manslaughter after 9-1/2 hours of deliberation.

Mr. Gregg, 54, faced potential conviction of first-degree murder in the June 2014 shooting of Junior Jordan Montero Sanchez, who repossessed his pickup truck.

The jury also found Mr. Gregg guilty of shooting into an occupied vehicle.

After further deliberation Friday afternoon, the jury recommended the maximum, 10-year sentences on each conviction.

Comment

Junior Jordan Montero Sanchez, 23, died of a rifle shot to his torso — piercing his heart and a lung — early the morning of June 6, 2014, as he pulled onto Conde Road from the driveway to Mr. Gregg’s apartment. New to the job, Mr. Sanchez that night for the first time drove the tow truck on a vehicle repossession.

Comment

26-year sentence for killing repo man

http://www.fauquiernow.com/index.php...-repo-man-2015

The Marshall man who shot and killed a tow truck driver last summer received a 26-year prison sentence Monday morning.

Carroll Edward “Tootie” Gregg Jr., 53, will spend 20 years behind bars. Judge Herman A. Whisenant Jr. suspended six years of Mr. Gregg’s sentence.

After three days of testimony, a jury in September found Mr. Gregg guilty of involuntary manslaughter and use of firearm to commit a felony in the death of Junior Jordan Montero Sanchez, 23, just after midnight Friday, June 6, 2014.

Mr. Sanchez and another driver had come to repossess Mr. Gregg’s pickup truck for delinquent payments on a vehicle title loan.

The jury rejected a potential murder conviction, which the prosecution sought.

Jurors recommended the maximum, 10-year sentences on both felony convictions. Judge Whisenant exercised a state code provision that allowed him to add three years on each conviction.

Defense lawyer Blair Howard called seven witnesses Monday to bolster his argument for a shorter prison term.

Retired Air Force General Charles G. Boyd and Washington Post reporter Karen DeYoung testified that Mr. Gregg helped maintain their northern Fauquier properties, earned their unequivocal trust and never displayed any hint of anger or violence.

Former Fauquier sheriff’s deputy and Fredericksburg police officer Susan Clem similarly described the defendant as a positive influence in her life. She has known him since her days as a junior high school softball pitcher, Ms. Clem said.

“I’ve dealt with a lot of bad people in my life,” she said. “And, he is not one of them. He made a mistake, yes, but he is not a bad person.”

Robin Gregg Wilds, his sister, said: “It’s not in his character to harm somebody.”

After their father’s cancer diagnosis in 2013, Mr. Gregg took great care of his parents, visiting daily, shopping and preparing meals for them, Ms. Wilds testified.

“Words cannot express my remorse,” Mr. Gregg said just before Judge Whisenant pronounced the sentence. “I have replayed the accident in my head over and over . . . .

“I never meant to try to bring harm of this magnitude to anyone. I take full responsibility,” said Mr. Gregg, who did not testify during his trial.

Earlier, Commonwealth’s Attorney James P. Fisher argued for the maximum sentence. Of testimony about Mr. Gregg’s positive influence on people, Mr. Fisher noted that the victim won’t have the same opportunities.

Mr. Sanchez hoped to become a police officer, the prosecutor said.

The victim, recently married and the father of a young stepson, worked as a security guard and had just taken a second job with a Chantilly towing company. Mr. Sanchez lost his life on his first night as “repo man.”

After his pickup’s alarm sounded, Mr. Gregg ran from his garage apartment and fired the fatal shot from a hunting rifle.

The trial included conflicting testimony and evidence about whether Mr. Gregg’s gun fired once or twice and about his position at that moment.

Mr. Sanchez died in the cab of his tow truck at 10038 Conde Road. He had pulled away from the garage and traveled down a long driveway to the state road.

Comment

I read these shootings over and over again to try to find what common denominator would link them together, and how to bring about something from them to help save a life. This young man had his whole life in front of him and was taken from him by a man who may have been a good individual who made a critical mistake.
            One thing that does stick out is many of these shootings involve tow truck drivers from a towing company. Mr. Sanchez (God rest his soul, and prayers for his new family) was on his first repo, how much training and what was the training given him before he hit the field? Is it possible he had little or no training of any substance? It is something we will never know, but could it have been avoided with proper training? Maybe not, however their are a few you can say it was a result to little or no training.
            Those who care about these men and women enough to see they get the best training and education prior to sending them into the field when something happens can at least say I did the best I could to see they were ready. But when it happens they will still wonder if they could have done something else to save their life or injury.
            Bottom line is I wish some body of legal authority could fine the lender who assigns recovery business to people/companies who are not professional enough to document and provide adequate training in every aspect of a professional recovery agent including drivers training.
            I ask everyday that God watch over the men and women in this industry who are trying so hard to make a living, feed their families, and provide a good home for them.

Comment

All this vetting, compliance, bonds, associations, seminars and ridicilous amounts of GL now demanded.

Has a lender asked for driver qualifications before insuring. Or are they simply intereated in driving records.

Heres another question.

Has an insurance company ever asked if the driver was trained----and refused to insure. IMO, Repos are not something to be tackled by a rookie.

This kid should have never been turned loose by himself.

Realty track shows 10038 Conde Rd ---pre forclorusre. Asking price 386k. Cops reaponded to a call at the 10000 block of Conde.

Next door neighbor has home listed for a million.
              I walk through the Valley of Darkness and Fear no evil on a daily basis.

Comment

The only mistake that is an absolute known is that the repossession was not on DVR.

The Agent could have done everything correct and still been executed by sniper while leaving the property.

Unfortunately, I did not read anything that went into detail. Was the truck hooked and leaving with the unit; had the Agent pulled into the driveway, seen the unit blocked and was leaving; was the alarm set off by the Agent prepping the unit to tow, the debtor came out and instructed the Agent to leave and then shot him as leaving?

Too many unknowns. A DVR on the Agent or the truck would answer some or all of these questions.

If I missed something in one of the articles, please point it out.

Comment

Originally posted by assetadjusters View Post
                  All this vetting, compliance, bonds, associations, seminars and ridicilous amounts of GL now demanded.

Has a lender asked for driver qualifications before insuring. Or are they simply intereated in driving records.

Heres another question.

Has an insurance company ever asked if the driver was trained----and refused to insure. IMO, Repos are not something to be tackled by a rookie.

Realty track shows 10038 Conde Rd ---pre forclorusre. Asking price 386k. Cops reaponded to a call at the 10000 block of Conde.

RSIG is requiring all employees to take the CRA course within a reasonable time after joining also now on the table we are looking at requiring all drivers take the National Safety Defensive Driving course. Education and training is about all you can do, yet in some instances this unfortunately will not some of these shootings that happen but if it saves one life then it was well worth the efforts. The total cost of both of these if you are a member is about $200.00.

Comment

Wot up double A! Is Realty track a paid service and how do you use it in the repossession world?

Originally posted by assetadjusters View Post

Heres another question.

Comment

Working...
                    X