Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car was repossessed by mistake

http://www.14news.com/story/27675653...sed-by-mistake

EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE) - An Evansville woman says a repo man made a mistake that could have compromised security at a number of Tri-State businesses and could have even cost her, her job.

Tina Gordon says Dick Williams Auto Sale on Diamond Avenue in Evansville had a customer who failed to make payments.

On December 8 she says they sent out a repo man with a spare key to the street address along 6th Avenue. It was the next morning Gordon woke up without a car.

"I had purchased the car about a month ago," says Tina. "I thought someone who owned the car prior maybe came back and got it I didn't really know what to think just it was so bizarre that my car was gone."

She tells us the dealership's spare key wouldn't have normally fit in her car, but it may have because her ignition is broken. She has to turn her car off by disconnecting the battery.

Tina says the repo man told her he didn't check the VIN number.

"When I found out it was the repo company, it shocked me that they could made a mistake like that and have someone's car seven days before they realized they had the wrong car," says Tina.

Nearly a week later, Tina looked out the window to find her car out front. She says the repo man was back to say he was sorry and she needed to go pick up her license plate.

When she got there, she says the owner of Dick Williams auto presented her with $100 and a new battery asking her to sign a waiver that she refused to sign.

"I was actually insulted that he had offered a battery and $100," says Tina. "I thought after everything I went through it was definitely worth a lot more. I feel like I don't feel safe in my home. The whole time it was gone I didn't know who took it or if they could get in my house or if they lived in my neighborhood so it was a very uneasy feeling."

Gordon cleaned businesses and had those businesses keys and security codes in her car. Her company has notified those businesses.

One local business owner said he was naturally worried, but security codes can be changed, and they will be.

We reached out to the the dealership and they would not comment on the case.
Working...
X