Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repo Man Takes Baby

http://www.rgvproud.com/news/local-n...man-takes-baby

(WESH) A Florida repo man received the shock of his life Monday when he found a 10-month old baby in the back of an SUV he'd just repossessed.

The baby is safe, but charges could be coming for her father.

Deputies said he left his 10-month-old daughter in the running SUV while visiting friends. That's when the repo worker came to take the vehicle back, and didn't find the baby until after taking the SUV all the way back to the dealership.

"It's just appalling. It's appalling," said Frank, the repo worker who found the 10-month-old child asleep in the backseat of the SUV. "I was shocked. I've been doing this 30 years. I have never found a baby in the backseat of a vehicle.

Charges possible for father who left baby in SUV taken by repo man

http://www.wesh.com/news/10monthold-...ssion/34383338

WEST ORLANDO, Fla. —The baby is safe, but charges could be coming for the father deputies said left his 10-month-old daughter in an SUV when a repo worker came to take the vehicle back.

The repo worker found the baby after taking the SUV all the way back to the dealership.

"It's just appalling. It's appalling," said Frank, the repo worker who found the 10-month-old child asleep in the backseat of the SUV.

The baby managed to stay asleep while a repo man, who only goes by Frank, repossessed the vehicle.

"I was shocked. I've been doing this 30 years. I have never found a baby in the backseat of a vehicle," said Frank.

Orange County deputies said Donielle Rivers, 28, left the child inside the running SUV while he visited his friends nearby.

"Why would somebody, who has a suspended license, drive around with their 10-month-old and then leave it in a vehicle that he was not attending? Especially on that side of town, too?" said Lt. Paul Hopkins, Orange County Sheriff's Office.

This isn't the first time Rivers has driven around on a suspended or expired license, or no license at all. According to court records, it's at least his third offense in Orange County.

"He actually told a deputy he knew he had a suspended license," Lt. Hopkins said.

Once the repo official noticed the 10-month-old, he called police.

Meanwhile, deputies said Rivers followed the repo worker to the dealership after noticing the SUV being repossessed.

Authorities said he's fortunate his baby is safe.

"He's lucky today that the only thing that happened was a repo man took that car back," Lt. Hopkins said.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office said Rivers could face child neglect charges if the state attorney's office decides to charge him.

DCF is also investigating, but for now, the baby is allowed to stay with Rivers.

The SUV will stay in the parking lot until the dealership can contact the owner, which is believed to be Rivers' girlfriend.

Comment

Working...
    X