No announcement yet.

Man in tree stand shoots repo agent

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Man in tree stand shoots repo agent

    Authorities in Lincoln County have arrested a man who they say shot and wounded another man trying to repossess his vehicle.

    The Lincoln County Sheriff's Office said a company was trying to repossess the vehicle on Tuesday without the owner's knowledge. A statement said a shot fired from a hunting rifle went through the back of the cab of a tow truck and hit 30-year-old Earnest Brown in the side.

    Brown and his brother drove from the scene to a location where they called 911. Emergency personnel took Brown to a local hospital for treatment.
    Deputies said 39-year-old Nathan Monroe Myers of Cherryville faces several charges, including assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury. He is jailed under $50,000 bond, and it's not known if he has an attorney.

  • #2

    LINCOLN COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) – A Cherryville man was arrested in Lincoln County Tuesday after deputies say he was in a tree stand when he shot a repo man.

    Nathan Monroe Myers, 39, is charged with one felony count each of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, discharging a firearm into an occupied conveyance in operation and possession of a firearm by a felon.

    The incident happened around 8:20 a.m. on Sam Houser Road in Vale. Deputies say several people were hunting when Collateral Recovery attempted to repossess a vehicle without the owner’s knowledge.

    Investigators say Myers, who was in a tree stand, fired a shot from a .308 hunting rifle, striking the back of the tow truck. The bullet pierced the back of the cab, went through the seat and struck one of the repo men in the side.

    The 30-year-old repo man and his 22-year-old brother then drove about two miles away and called 911. EMS responded and transported the victim to CHS-Lincoln. His condition has not been released.

    Myers was taken into custody at the scene of the shooting. After being interviewed, he was charged and taken to the Harven A. Crouse Detention Center where he was placed under a $50,000 bond.

    He was scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday.