Post your best auto repossession story here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your best auto repossession story here

I was in the deep woods of GA seeeking one of those PT cruisers. After finally locating the dirt driveway that went down to the house I peered and spotted a PT and thought this must be the one. I got out of the truck and walked to the unit; the vin was correct so I opened the door and sat in the seat and sure enough the key was in the ignition. I started and pulled it up to the boom. As I was lifting I looked back at the house and the door opened. The woman walked up to me and I showed the order and she pulled a snub out of her back pocket stating sher could have shot me. Needless to say she asked me in for coffee and I just had to get back to the office.

Here are two examples as to why I say "Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have IT!!!" I'm not implying to show the world your out working with your best friend Rosco on your hip. But, bottom line-I have to go home EVERY night!!! We all know this isn't cops and robbers or cowboys and indians. I'm sure we all have "ghetto" districts that we must pull vehicles out of. Truth is, I've had more weapons drawn on me and my agents in the rural areas we work in than in the city(up here it's bottles,bricks,& sometimes shovels). To each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss it GOODBYE!!! View Post
      I've had more weapons drawn on me and my agents in the rural areas we work in than in the city
      True. You can have a gun stuck in your face whether you are in the ghetto or the farm or in a rich community.

Comment

I looked for a debtor about two weeks and got a tip from an old boyfriend.
        Finding the vehicle parked with one end faceinf a retaining wall and the other end blocked by a tractor, I approched the farm house and knocked on the door. A little girl , (about six ) answered the door. I asked her if I could speak to her mama. She said no. I asked why not and she replied that mama was in the tub and told her not to bother her. Thinking quickly I asked her if she knew where mama's keys were and she said "Hu hu"! I reached into my pocket and found .15 cents. Holding it out to her I said , " I'll give you 15 cents for them". She disapeared into the house and returned with the keys . I gave her the money and removed the car keys from the rest of the keys and returned the others to her and told her to put them back where she got them. I started the vehicle and inched it out where I could hook it and the little girl came out and watched me. as I was getting ready to leave I told her to go to the bathroom and tell her mama that the Repo man was here ! Needless to say I boogyed!

Comment

Good thinking on your part CWM. I was taught a long time ago you don't have to outfight something that you can outthink. We play chess when the debitors are playing checkers. I am in the rental business and have had more people than I care to admit forget to return my vehicles. Here is one of the better stories that happened years ago.

Typical Mom comes in a needs to rent a van for some light moving for the day. We accept a cash deposit and she leaves. Several days go by and customer has not returned. So we start calling. All phone numbers disconnected. Drive by the house nobody living there. EMPTY!!. So I start the chase. I break out the phone disk and look up and start calling neighbors nobody has any idea what happened to them. I finally track down the old upstairs neighbor and she has no idea where they moved to. Ask all the right questions and she truly has no idea. I ask did you guys move out at the same time? She replies" No she moved the furniture out a month before" So what did she do the furniture? Oh she put it into a self storage room on RT-112. So now I have a lead. So I call the first of three storage places on RT-112 and tell them who I am. There not want to help me. So I ask them to answer do you have a room rented to a person named Trilonnis? No, we done. So I call the second one, No they don't have a room rented to Trilonnis. So onto the third storage place. They first gave me the BS about they do not discuss their customers. We play the I know so and so, and you know so and so game. I ask do you have a room rented to person named Trionnis? He replies "Linda". Yep that who I am looking for!!! Yes, she a room rented here. We go over the contact info. It is the same as I have. I ask is she up to date with payment? She wasn't until yesterday. Yesterday what happen yesterday? Here room was up for sale until she paid? How did she pay? She sent in a money order? Do you have a copy of the money order so I can find which post office sold it? Nope, we deposit it. (Here is the case breaker) How did she send it the payment? Overnight mail. Do you have the old envelope? It is in the dumpster. So the owner of the Self Storage goes dumpster diving and gets me the address off the overnight envelope. The return address is in Minnesota. Yes, folks Minnesota. So we call the state police and tell them the story and they go past the motel and knocked on the door of the motel room and picked up the keys and recovered my van for me and held it for safe keeping at no charge at the barracks. We fly an employee out to Minnesota to pick up the van. Linda called us after the troopers picked up the van and asked how did we find her? Still to this day she doesn't know.

Comment

I had a vehicle and an addy. Went to the addy . No one home. Talk to neighbors and they say man moved out three months ago but no one knows where. I look in the trash can and it is empty but there is a post card stuck to the bottom of the can. The post card is a reminder from the vetinarian to get the cat ,"Trixie" her rabies shot. I call the vet and tell them that I have found Trixie and need to return her to her owner. They give me the same addy I am at. I ask if there is a work number. They give me a number. I call it and it is the county tax accesor's office. I ask for the debtor and am told he no longer works there. I give the cat story again and am told the number of one of the debtors golf buddy's. I call him and tell him I need to contact him regarding the cat. He tells me that the debtor and his wife split and the debtor moved to Louisville. I as for a number and he still has the cell phone number. I call the cell number and the debtor answers. I ask him about the car because I now figure I have a fifty fifty chance and the former golf buddy had told me he drove an SUV and I'm looking for a Mustang. He tells me that the ex has the Mustang and where she lives. He asks me how I found him. I told him that Trixie the cat gave him up. He says "bullshit that cat has been dead for two years!

Comment

You sure that postcard wasn't in the mailbox?

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Old Gringo View Post

Tom
                LOL - but looking in the mail box is ok as long as you don't steal the mail.

Comment

Tell that to the postal inspector.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy View Post
                    LOL - but looking in the mail box is ok as long as you don't steal the mail.
                    Define stealing. Maybe borrowing for an extended bit of time? hum.
                    I have borrowed in the past how about you?

Comment

Tom
                      Actually it was stuck to the bottom of the trash can Tom! However I looked in the mailbox all the time. It is not tampering as long as you do not open or remove the mail. It isn't even treaspassing as the mailbox is on the right of way ! By the way , hows retirement going? I am perminately retired too!

Bill

Comment

Hahaha Bill. We won't rehash that one again. I think we agreed to disagree on that issue a long time ago.

Retirement. Well, from field work at least. It's a young man's game and I need my sleep. Plus I have to pee every hour or so.

**** trucks ruined my back and kidneys.

Tom

Comment

Mail Box

Hahaha Bill. We won't rehash that one again. I think we agreed to disagree on that issue a long time ago.

Retirement. Well, from field work at least. It's a young man's game and I need my sleep. Plus I have to pee every hour or so.

**** trucks ruined my back and kidneys.

Tom
                          Yea me too . I am totally retired now but still play golf and go to the mail box every day ,(my own). The local post office had to lay off 3 postal inspectors after I ouit working. President Bush gave me a full pardon on all the mail tampering charges they had against me and life is sweet !

Comment

Working...
                          X