Come watch us execute real live repos on our Channel @ youtube/RepoNut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come watch us execute real live repos on our Channel @ youtube/RepoNut

What is your opinion about putting live repos online for the world to see. Come check out our YouTube channel by searching RepoNut and give us your feedback in the comment section below each video. We showcase real live repos here in Utah that create a real world view into what a repomans life is like. Not only as a 25 year veteran but also as a small business owner dealing with the day to day BS that comes down the financial industries collection tail pipe. We are the front lines of this recession and I think it's a good idea for every repoman and every recovery agency to post real world examples of the pros in action.

YouTube/RepoNut

Also let me know in this forum what you think of the videos and the content within them.

RepoNut

A.K.A The Repo Ninja

I think that you walk a dangerous line that you have crossed on occasion by posting videos of other companies without permission. You walk a fine line of a breach of peace by taking your doberman along with you and allowing him to poke his head out of the window to scare and intimidate the debtor. I am all for technology and all for keeping a record of each and every repossession for your records, and for your defence if/when needed.

I have seen several of your videos because you are in the same market area as many of my clients. For the most part your videos are fine even though you get a bit hollywood on the drama build up at times, i am assuming you are pitching a network this is why feedback on youtube is paramount, you are still educating the general public on matters that they are best ignorant about. Many of the things you do and discuss are only going to serve to make your and all of your peers jobs harder. There are systems in place that have not caught the public attention nor been tested in court(that i am aware of, please correct me if i am wrong) that if tested may be found to be invasion of privacy. You are violating my right to privacy by scanning my plate when I have no loan type of an arguement.

As I said before for the most part the videos are harmless I would do a bit more risk managment prior to uploading them. With all of that said I am just a bean counting fear mongering Insurance Guy so what do I know.

I will be curious to see what your peers have to say.

Comment

Couple observations.
      Putting a GPS on a car needs to have a contractual stipulation. Hope you got em.
      Putting a debtor's face on a video, do you have to get a release from them for that? What would happen if a debtor seen him or herself being repoed?
      I just watched a couple of your vids, but it appears you know what you're doing. I'm not sure educating debtors of our methods is helpful.

Comment

Indemities and Releases

Originally posted by FLRepo View Post
        Couple observations.
        Putting a GPS on a car needs to have a contractual stipulation. Hope you got em.
        Putting a debtor's face on a video, do you have to get a release from them for that? What would happen if a debtor seen him or herself being repoed?
        I just watched a couple of your vids, but it appears you know what you're doing. I'm not sure educating debtors of our methods is helpful.
        We have a technology clause in all contracts for debtors that stipulated that in the event their loan agreement is found to be in default we as a third party contract have authorization to use technology and electronic surviellance devices to track and locate the collateral in question. We cannot GPS a device that we do not have permission to do so. Same goes for debtors faces online. All of them signed a contract that allows us to audio and video tape them in the event of a repossession or any type on contact that is deemed to serve the purpose of collecting the collateral secured by that contract. If they are not in default then we have no right to publish the footage to the general public.

There is plenty of footage that will never see the internet or any public viewing venue simply because we did not have the right to show it for one reason or another. We have already had someone see themselves on our channel and despute it with their lender and we removed that footage at the request of the lender and the person in question and will always do so if asked.

I even recently removed a video of repossessing another repoman because he called me directly and asked that I not air it. Him and his business name were never mentioned in the video but because I respect his request it was pulled down. That is how I operate and will contiunue to do so.

Thanks for the comments so far. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael the insurance guy View Post
          I think that you walk a dangerous line that you have crossed on occasion by posting videos of other companies without permission. You walk a fine line of a breach of peace by taking your doberman along with you and allowing him to poke his head out of the window to scare and intimidate the debtor. I am all for technology and all for keeping a record of each and every repossession for your records, and for your defence if/when needed.

I have seen several of your videos because you are in the same market area as many of my clients. For the most part your videos are fine even though you get a bit hollywood on the drama build up at times, i am assuming you are pitching a network this is why feedback on youtube is paramount, you are still educating the general public on matters that they are best ignorant about. Many of the things you do and discuss are only going to serve to make your and all of your peers jobs harder. There are systems in place that have not caught the public attention nor been tested in court(that i am aware of, please correct me if i am wrong) that if tested may be found to be invasion of privacy. You are violating my right to privacy by scanning my plate when I have no loan type of an arguement.

As I said before for the most part the videos are harmless I would do a bit more risk managment prior to uploading them. With all of that said I am just a bean counting fear mongering Insurance Guy so what do I know.

How do you know he does not have the permission? Breach of peace by letting is dog peak out the window to intimidate ? ARE YOU SERIOUS, and as far as ALPR system you seem like the kind of people that complain about everything I honestly dont give a rats *** if my plate gets scanned who cares? My car is mine and its not going to get picked up, not sure about yours but if that's an issue and you are a sue happy type of guy which seems like you are, MVTRAC or RDN would be the right entity to go and complain to , but you are more than welcome to your opinion right?.

Anyway, I believe you do an excellent job and really enjoy watching your videos, I dont really think people go and watch your videos to learn what they can do to avoid getting repo'd, if they were that smart they would probably figure out a way to make arrangements with their lenders. I know you been in the industry for many years and you have developed your style which I think works pretty good when handling most hostile situations. Everybody makes mistakes and I dont see why some people start commenting on how you reacted if they were not in that situation, its really easy to comment behind a computer monitor right? Anyway good luck and be safe and keep uploading.
          Last edited by AssetRecovery; 09-15-2011, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Not just any doberman...

You walk a fine line of a breach of peace by taking your doberman along with you and allowing him to poke his head out of the window to scare and intimidate the debtor...

...As I said before for the most part the videos are harmless I would do a bit more risk managment prior to uploading them. With all of that said I am just a bean counting fear mongering Insurance Guy so what do I know.

Only cause she can't defend herself LayLa (the dobie in the videos) is a ceritifed and trained service animal who has passed and completed the 25 hour police swat training certification and 40 hours of behavior control and command response. I can tell her to rip an arm off or to let them pet her head. She is a pro and not just any scary face. We had her ears done down on purpose to take away a lot of the scary look most traditional dobermans have with the upright pointed cropped ears. I know most people don't know that and in light of this post will be addressing that in a soon to release video on the channel.

Thank you for the insight. Everything you said brings up excellent points and I need to educate my viewers to these points so others don't assume that everything they see in my videos is as it appears.

Thanks for the input bro and keep up the front lines in your industry. I bet claims are off the hook right now with this recession in full swing.

RepoNut
            YouTube.com/RepoNut

Comment

I see nothing wrong with what you are doing, I enjoy your Videos and when u do something that i haven't seen before it helps me out latter. We all can learn better techniques from each other. i have actually thought about investing into a good camera system to start covering my azz. As far as posting them online, well we shall see.

Keep up the good work Matt. Looks like your swamped, wish i was

Comment

Originally posted by RepoNut View Post
                What is your opinion about putting live repos online for the world to see.
                I found your videos boring, pointless, tediously dull, senseless and felt you robbed me of two minutes of my life.
                Last edited by assetadjusters; 09-16-2011, 08:18 AM.
                I walk through the Valley of Darkness and Fear no evil on a daily basis.

Comment

look i have watched a few of your videos you for the most part seem to be a professional agent doing his job. heck if i see someone else pass me with something on the hook in a way i smile cause another debtor be walking i still wish it was on my hook mind you that being said the only thing i do not like is the fact you give away some of the tricks of the trade keep in mind debtors do watch youtube too so if ya cut down giving away our secrets it would help us all other than that i enjoy the videos

Comment

As a new guy the business, I have to say I enjoyed them. If I can learn just 1 thing it is all worth it to me. I look foward to more!

Comment

****, I need a dramamine after watching just one of those. Good vids though.
                      Ryan
                      Hodge's Recovery
                      Windham, ME

sigpic

Comment

Asset you are obviously a RepoNut fan so good for you, as I said in my post the vast majority of the videos are harmless and rather amusing, please understand that Breach of Peace could probaly be claimed if he farts upwind from the debtor. I have a Rottweiler, a Pitbull, and a 12 pound worthless. Is it fair that if i get into an arguement with someone on the street and the cops come that they will tell me to secure my 2 big dogs or they will shoot them even though my little worthless is far more dangerous to the public? No it is not, I in fact have had dobermans my entire life, wonderful dogs that are smart and loyal. The fact that she does have professional training can actually work against you. I would love nothing more than to bring my dog to work with me every day. Perception is the problem, if people percive that they are in some sort of danger from you in any way then you have breached the peace. To have an excited doberman with its head out the window can be a problem, the vast majority of the public are afraid of dogs. Dobermans are one of those dogs that people are afraid of. So just be cautious and roll up the windows to just a crack for air during the actual repossession. Breaching the peace is an easy thing to do and probably done just as often as not strapping down the tires in front of the debtors house.

For at times crossing the line on other companies making cameos, I am talking about one particular video that was taken off some time ago because while he may have had the permission of the agent that was in the video(I dont know one way or the other) I know that 100% he did not have permission of the company owner. Still it disapeared rather quickly so he is true to his word that if anyone making an apperance has a problem with it he is vigilant about making them disapear.

For the LPR systems I have no complaints against them, I think that they are a great piece of technology that has done great things for this industry. The problem is that they have not been tested in court yet.(again that I am aware of and please correct me if I am wrong) I have no problem with them scanning my plate, I have no loan so I will never meet any of you in front of my house. I was using myself as an example, to scan and keep record of peoples movements in your historical data is something that is best kept from the general public for as long as possible. Just as you can not GPS a vehicle without permission due to the fact that you would be tracing there movements and invading their privacy the plate scan is close. How will that end up once the general public finds that every plate the system passes scannes the plate and logs the time and location, I have no idea so I am of the opinion that we try to not find out for as long as possible.

Again I for the most part have no problem with his videos, I like many of them, even the ones that are a little built up on the drama side. Besides all of that he asked for opinions and we all know opinions are like a**holes everybody has one and everybody thinks that everybody elses stinks.

Comment

...........For the LPR systems I have no complaints against them, I think that they are a great piece of technology that has done great things for this industry. The problem is that they have not been tested in court yet.(again that I am aware of and please correct me if I am wrong)

Maine actually has already taken this to task in the political arena.....then again...what haven't they. South Portland, ME was one of the first law enforcement agencies to implement these systems...it wasn't long before a number of groups, screamed violation of rights. It was later determined that it wasn't. In taking the matter to the politicians however, it opened the door for "giving and taking".....Now Law Enforcement agencies are the only folks that can use them here.

I say.....What's good for the goose, is good for the gander. I would be interested to see how many other states have similar laws.....probably more then one thinks. I'm sure there is more to come on this front.

For those of you that would like to read more.....
                          Ryan
                          Hodge's Recovery
                          Windham, ME

sigpic

Comment

When you purchase a licence tag

When you purchase a license tag as required by law in any state, you are required to conspicuslly display it any time the vehicle is on the road.

Any court decision that says the general public does not have the right to copy or photograph a tag, would negate the reason for their issue.

For instance security cameras could no longer be possitioned any where they might captuer a license tag.

You could no longer take down the license tag of a suspicious vehicle or for that matter a get away vehicle.

You would be restricted from having a list of the tag numbers you are seeking.

Well , you might be required to avert your eyes from seeing the tag on the vehicle in front of you ! I can just imiagine how many wrecks that would cause.

Only a policeman could look at a tag number !

What you cannot do is listen in to a private conversation to which you are not a party.

You can not tape record ,(audio) anyone whom you where you are a party to the conversation in a two party state without telling them. You don't have to have their permission , you just have to tell them you are recording. In a one party state like KY , you don't have to tell them at all.

Because you are acting as an agent of the lender, you can not divuldge confidentual information regarding the status of their loan payments or who they owe ,ect to third partys.

If the police are called and they do an investigation, you can answer their questions and the disclosure of confidentual information clause does not apply as it has become a police investigation. I still only revealed the information on the repossession order to them and admonished them to keep the information confidentual.

You can be charged in some states with revealing the location of someone who has an emergency protection order to their spouce if you hold a PI license.

Some of you have an exagerated preception that there is a right to privacy that extends beyond the fourth and fifth admendments to the Constitution and or applicaplible provisions of the UCC code !

Sorry it does not exist beyond the exceptions I have listed !

Comment

Seriously???

Originally posted by assetadjusters View Post
                              I found your videos boring, pointless, tediously dull, senseless and felt you robbed me of two minutes of my life.
                              Do I have a 2 minute video posted? Oh you must have watch the one of me taking another "pretend a mans" repo truck. There are a lot of guys on here who "think" they know my job!!!

Robbed you of 2 min of your life...LOL

RepoNut
                              YouTube.com/RepoNut

Comment

Working...
                              X