Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

During your repoman career, have you ever been cheated out of money by a boss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• During your repoman career, have you ever been cheated out of money by a boss?

This thread comes from another thread where an agent repossessed his former employer's truck. He mentioned that this guy had cheated him out of money. I hear it a lot - either repo agents not getting paid by their boss and never getting their money, having to fight to get money owed to them or had their pay delayed for weeks because the owner of the auto repossession company they worked for did not have the funds to cover payroll.

Please vote in the poll and comment if you like. Maybe tell the amount you were owed, if you ever got paid and if you did, how did you get the deadbeat repo company owner to spit out your dough! You can also tell us about getting delayed on payday if that every happened to you!

If you own a repossession business there are some voting options for you too.

This poll is NOT a public poll, so no one will know what you voted unless you comment in the thread!
    I have always gotten paid what was owed to me.
    15.00%
    I have been cheated at least once.
    40.00%
    One repo company owner tried to stiff me, but I made sure I got paid.
    20.00%
    I have been delayed on payday.
    0.00%
    Sadly, I am one of those auto repossession company owners that has delayed my agents pay :(
    5.00%
    I am a repo company owner & I always make sure my repo agents are paid on time and what is owed.
    20.00%
    List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

I'll admit.....about ten years ago. I had a client who always paid late.

(cough) HSBC (cough)

They stressed me out bigtime. I was late a few times.

If you've been in business for any real length of time and get clients who pay like crap.......they make you pay crappy.

You do your best as a business owner to avoid those situations......and I mean everything.

But, if the mailbox is empty and the line of credit is gone....what can you do.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone without to pay my crew.

Most are clueless and don't understand how bad the banks are at paying.
    I walk through the Valley of Darkness and Fear no evil on a daily basis.

Comment

My grandmother taught me my business ethic. The first rule she had is ALWAY pay your employees on time if not early. I have been self employeed since I was 18. ( I am 30) Back then I had 30 & 40 year old people working for me. I can say I have not paid my bills to makes sure payroll was on time. My payroll account stays 2 weeks ahead. Just in case.
      Now Accepting Affiliate Applications Nationwide!

WWW.PLATEHIT.COM
      Intelligent Recovery

Comment

One of the reason I keep pay two weeks ahead is because in Texas if you fire somebody you MUST pay them all that is owed on the last day they work.
        Now Accepting Affiliate Applications Nationwide!

WWW.PLATEHIT.COM
        Intelligent Recovery

Comment

Working...
        X