Recovery Score Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery Score Cards

Can someone fill me in on score cards? I just got a call from one of my clients saying we did not get a good score on their scorecard system. Th thing that I am upset about was that our recovery rate was good, but the days it took us to get the cars picked up was not. Many of their accounts we have to work at to get good addresses and find debtors that have moved. That is why it takes longer sometimes. They said our competitor has a better score at times. They run a different area than us for this lender and to be honest it is an easier area to repossess in. What are your thoughts on score cards? Agents-Lenders-Forwarders can all respond!

We also rate our agents and it's based on performance. The main things we look at are recovery and compliance. Was the unit repo'd in a timely manner? Timely manner varies depending on the info given the agent from the lender. Lenders can be forthcoming with info while others, you have to ask for every little tidbit of info. Did the agent abide by the laws in whatever area the repo occurred in? It is quite unfair to compare agents in different areas...our comparisons are based on agents in the same coverage area.
    Kel

Comment

it seems to me would be difficult to score a company going on a base set up all accounts aren't the same nor the area covered. I have companies that their info is right on money and some seems like the accounts were dead long ago. Seems to be to many different things and reasons why a vehicle isn't picked in a timely manner.

Comment

Originally posted by CCAR.AL View Post
        it seems to me would be difficult to score a company going on a base set up all accounts aren't the same nor the area covered. I have companies that their info is right on money and some seems like the accounts were dead long ago. Seems to be to many different things and reasons why a vehicle isn't picked in a timely manner.
        Whoever is filling out the score cards needs to take into consideration all factors...territory covered, info provided, timely updates, etc. After all, it isn't fair to compare apples to oranges!
        Last edited by SeaKelly; 09-26-2011, 04:30 PM. Reason: Grammar
        Kel

Comment

Originally posted by SeaKelly View Post
          Whoever is filling out the score cards needs to take into consideration all factors...territory covered, info provided, timely updates, etc. After all, it isn't fair to compare apples to oranges!

Comment

Originally posted by CCAR.AL View Post
            Oh, but you most definitely are worthy
            Kel

Comment

Originally posted by SeaKelly View Post
              We also rate our agents and it's based on performance. The main things we look at are recovery and compliance. Was the unit repo'd in a timely manner? Timely manner varies depending on the info given the agent from the lender. Lenders can be forthcoming with info while others, you have to ask for every little tidbit of info. Did the agent abide by the laws in whatever area the repo occurred in? It is quite unfair to compare agents in different areas...our comparisons are based on agents in the same coverage area.
              So a company covers say 100 mile radius and another company covers half that. The company that covers less area gets to their accounts picked up quicker, therefore they get a better report card, and get all the new work. Meanwhile the company trying to cover more area is getting 2nd runs, spending way more gas, and picking up way less. I know which company I'd rather be.

Comment

I usually get graded on month to month pick up, carry over, and compliance issues such as updates, and complete C/Rs. One of my clients shares the area with a competitor, I am just better than they are so I never get second runs, and if I do it is because they were too lazy to drive out and pick up the unit. Stay on a first name basis with your client, life will be good.

Comment

Working...
                X