Anyone into ATV's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone into ATV's ?

I love to ride in the sand, It's my place to relax and take my mind off things. Anyone else ride here? I used to be heavy into customizing cars at one point in my life and changed to this hobby about 4 years ago.

I used to be into ATVs. I had a TRX450r. I quit because two of my riding buddies moved and the other one never rides. He has a yfz450 and he spends all his time polishing and spit shining his bike but will never actually ride. Go figure. I loved going to the dunes.

Comment

Nice. I polish mine all the time but do actually ride it. I race it mainly. But fixing to get a less of a quality bike and go back to the trails.

Comment

Yeah, I do not mind people polishing their bikes if they have a reason to polish it. You have to get it dirty in order to clean it. It will only get so clean and sparkly.

Comment

Is this too much? lol

Comment

That is pretty sparkly!

Comment

How about posting some pics of the atv's.

My old manager was an atv nut. He used to load his atv's up on his trailer and tow them a few hours away with his company issued Dynamic. If it was any of my other guy's I probably would have blown a gasket, but he brought a lot to the company in dollars and cents and sense!
              List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

Like this? this picture is about 3 years old. I dont do this anymore!

Comment

I will start from the Day 1.
                  I have rebuilt this bike I think 4 times over all. 4 engines and Im happy where it is at now. It has taken me 4 years to do this.

Bought it used and this is what it looked like.

redo 1 didnt like it to much

Didnt like it to much and redid it again with another rebuild on engine for more power and all new shocks paint ect.

Then wanted more so another new engine, Nitrous full light weight drag suspension and more details.

Comment

Blew that engine up the 720 so rebuilt it again to a 757 8 mill stroker still on nitrous.
                    So new wheels another set of new shocks and new engine.

made some passes then made one nitrous pass and blew the inner hub and clutch lockout out the side of the motor pulling into 3rd gear.

Comment

So I decided to redo the bike again while fixing the engine and change it up and really clean it up again. Got bored with Candy red and went Green

So I drew this up.

Then stripped it down and painted it Range Rover green and the frame Nissan Green and LOTS of polishing and cleaning.This is what it looks like today but with a chain.

Comment

those bikes are fantastic.....i just got some old stocker 4-stroke, old man bikes....thanks for the pics, very nice

Comment

I ran motocross on Suzuki 2 stroke 4 wheeler in 85/86 for a couple of years, even got ranked in top 10 nationaly for a short time. Then realized my body could't take it anymore at 38 yrs old and couldn't run a recovery business while working on it and traveling around the east coast and mid west. I didn't keep it as nice as you guys just steam cleaned, I wouldn't want to get those dirty in the pictures above. I remember one trick I don't think anyone really knew about and I learned from an old racer that used to run Daytona on the sand. On a two stroke not only polish exhaust port but cut down the side of the piston on intake to just above the ring, we picked up unreal hp on that but I guess thats old stuff now. Happy riding

Comment

That is a nice bike! I really like that custom swing arm. Mine only had bolt on upgrades, exaust, intake, etc.

Comment

I am a Dumont Dune Rider! I love taking my toys to the sand box. Trail riding out here in the desert equals a lot of new tires because the rocks are not nice. I have a Raptor 700 Intake, programmer, dual exhaust. It launches me up any sand mountain I have put it up against and I was faster in the high gears than my friends Honda and Yamaha 450's.

Comment

Working...
                              X