Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your first night as a repoman like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your first night as a repoman like?

I hate to say it, but I rolled around all night with a trainer and came back empty handed. I checked the vin on at least 20 cavaliers in a big apartment complex and zip zero zilch.

The next night we picked up 6 cars which felt a whole lot better.

My night was long busy and fun. At times boring, at times full of adrenalin. But packed full of information and methods on how to do everything ( the old school way ). I still teach and train all of my agents in the old school methods. Even though this new technology is great, it can and does go down, and almost all of the new repo generation is lost when that happens.

I would be willing to bet that there is only a handful of people on here and I know who they are lol that remember the days of running into the library for the reverse directory, stopping at the phone booths to actually make your calls actually picking ignitions when we didnt have keys etc....

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot Recovery View Post
      My night was long busy and fun. At times boring, at times full of adrenalin. But packed full of information and methods on how to do everything ( the old school way ). I still teach and train all of my agents in the old school methods. Even though this new technology is great, it can and does go down, and almost all of the new repo generation is lost when that happens.

I would be willing to bet that there is only a handful of people on here and I know who they are lol that remember the days of running into the library for the reverse directory, stopping at the phone booths to actually make your calls actually picking ignitions when we didnt have keys etc....

I remember my dad helping a friend do repos(my family owned a towing company.. where I gained all my experience) and he had papers file, an old school fax machine and there where the old brick phones you plugged into your cigarette lighter. lol. Oh and I'm only 24 years old.

Comment

Right here Mac. I had a tool bag, went to the county to check records, my boss had a reverse directory - the Haines Criss Cross, and only used a wrecker when the car was wrecked, would not start, or was missing tires. Those were the days - you actually were paid better than you are today! I am serious there were many accounts that paid $325 a car. They often paid a full repo if the debtor paid up, closes, key fees, storage fees, delivery to auction, mileage, field investigation and skip tracing fees.
        List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

Originally posted by ADMIN View Post
          Right here Mac. I had a tool bag, went to the county to check records, my boss had a reverse directory - the Haines Criss Cross, and only used a wrecker when the car was wrecked, would not start, or was missing tires. Those were the days - you actually were paid better than you are today! I am serious there were many accounts that paid $325 a car. They often paid a full repo if the debtor paid up, closes, key fees, storage fees, delivery to auction, mileage, field investigation and skip tracing fees.
          Yep...It is sad how the industry is moving forward with technology but so far backwards in everything else.

The fees back then were nice, owners and agents were happy, but back then most of it was direct paper as well which has a big impact!

Comment

i was lucky i learned from a old timer who taught me many of the old ways and when he passed away in 2009 i was given his tool bag as he called it from his wife many tools in there alot of new guys wouldnt even know how to use

Comment

back then most of it was direct paper as well which has a big impact!
              Back then the only "forwarder" (if you could call it that) that we did work for was US Transnet which was owned by Falcon International. As far as I remember the paper was good and the fees were decent.
              List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

Originally posted by ADMIN View Post
                Back then the only "forwarder" (if you could call it that) that we did work for was US Transnet which was owned by Falcon International. As far as I remember the paper was good and the fees were decent.
                True you had a few regional repo companies that were trying to lay they ground work for an actual forwarding company, but they too had the idea executed in the wrong way....

Back then there were not very many paper or price issues....They had no problems paying quality prices for quality service.

Comment

Working...
                X