Q and A thread with Patriot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pizza guy

[QUOTE=Crazy Blonde;23405]SSN, POE, And UTILITY bills would help alot. I usually can check the rest thru phone calls and door knocking the neighborhood. But sometimes that's a dead end. I do have a pizza company that has been very helpful also.]

I thought I was the only one. Pizza guys are great... and a cheap resource I would loop them all in if I had time.. You are very resourceful.... Pizza guys can walk right behind a house all day every day no prob....

Comment

[QUOTE=Gregory Terrell;23504]
      Originally posted by Crazy Blonde View Post
      SSN, POE, And UTILITY bills would help alot. I usually can check the rest thru phone calls and door knocking the neighborhood. But sometimes that's a dead end. I do have a pizza company that has been very helpful also.]

I thought I was the only one. Pizza guys are great... and a cheap resource I would loop them all in if I had time.. You are very resourceful.... Pizza guys can walk right behind a house all day every day no prob....
      Nope lol....Pizza and other delivery people are no secret, its just not as easily accessed as it was in the past. I will have to search for it, but there was actually a lawsuit over locating someone this way. I am not sure of the outcome, and all I can remember is it was on the east coast. Does anyone else remember that? It was about 5 years ago I think.

Also some databases and skip companies/software companies have some of the pizza and delivery type stuff programmed in already.

Comment

[QUOTE=Patriot Recovery;23512]
        Originally posted by Gregory Terrell View Post

Nope lol....Pizza and other delivery people are no secret, its just not as easily accessed as it was in the past. I will have to search for it, but there was actually a lawsuit over locating someone this way. I am not sure of the outcome, and all I can remember is it was on the east coast. Does anyone else remember that? It was about 5 years ago I think.

Also some databases and skip companies/software companies have some of the pizza and delivery type stuff programmed in already.
        i remember hearing something about it if i remember correctly it was one of the bigger chains pizza hut dominaos etc.

Comment

[QUOTE=arsrepo;23521]
          Originally posted by Patriot Recovery View Post

i remember hearing something about it if i remember correctly it was one of the bigger chains pizza hut dominaos etc.
          Yeah, skip tracy does dominos, but its not the only one out there.

Comment

How is your company set up, and do you have a state licensed investigator on your staff?

It can be done with or without the investigator but if you have one its easier and cheaper.

If not there are legal ways to partner with a good one so you can still get the benefits like they were directly on your staff.

Let me know which one, so I know which way to direct you.
            Patriot; I do not have a licensed investigator on staff, I just need a Database that Repo agents can use. I'm retired San Diego Sheriff's Deputy, and my partner is retired Calif. Highway Patrol; and was a Bail Bondsman/Bounty Hunter for a few years. So we are pretty good with just our natural talents, intuition and prior law enforcement training at locating.

I will be the person using the Database. I don't want a huge expense at this point, just a little easier time doing the locates.

I'm gonna look at BFF & ARS's axciom, and TLO as you suggested. For now I'm relying on my usual freebie stuff, and doing it like ADMIN says:
            Originally posted by ADMIN View Post
            Knowing your city inside and out, having personal contacts all around that city, knocking on doors, and a sixth sense are the four best skip tracing tools.
            And YES...I LOVE my PIZZA Boy!
            If you think you can or can't...You're right!
            Do something...Lead, Follow, or Get Out of the Way!

Comment

I just need a Database that Repo agents can use.
              I understand, I was asking that because as you know there are things that PI's have access to that repo agents can not depending on where you live, and they are cheaper.

With that in mind, knowing you dont have them there are still ways to get this done, get all the info you want utilizing a PI and keeping your costs down, to the same as a database plan or even less, and you can get it in a one stop shop.

I know you want to do the searches yourself and I get all that, but you asked for my opinion and I wanted to throw that option out there. If your not interested, thats cool, and I will answer more on the rest of it.

Comment

...get all the info you want utilizing a PI and keeping your costs down, to the same as a database plan or even less, and you can get it in a one stop shop.

I know you want to do the searches yourself
                I do everything myself, so I have the element of surprise, and they aren't hiding the collateral because they were alerted in some way.

IF I utilize a PI, do they make any type of contact (phone, door knock, drive-by) or do they JUST use the internet and their databases, then pass that info on to me? (I DON'T want anyone ALERTING my debtors by making ANY FORM of contact. I just want leads, more addresses, or POE. I Prefer to do my OWN FOLLOW UP on those leads. Thank You for your insight Patriot.

Comment

I do everything myself, so I have the element of surprise, and they aren't hiding the collateral because they were alerted in some way.

IF I utilize a PI, do they make any type of contact (phone, door knock, drive-by) or do they JUST use the internet and their databases, then pass that info on to me? (I DON'T want anyone ALERTING my debtors by making ANY FORM of contact. I just want leads, more addresses, or POE. I Prefer to do my OWN FOLLOW UP on those leads. Thank You for your insight Patriot.
                  You can set it up whatever way you like with the PI they can do all the searches and make calls...

They can do all the searches and you make the calls....

It is all up to you. I understand from your previous post why you are skeptical about getting burned, and I am not saying you have to do it that way. However I know you are trying to stay small with just you and your man and maybe the sons every now and then right? If thats true then one of your biggest needs is time. Time for the searches, time for the follow up, time for the leg work, time for the spotting, time for running the addys and hooking the unit etc.....

1 big time consuming activity in this business is skiptracing and investigations, but it is also an area where you can save a bunch of money. The option I am suggesting to you has them do all your searches, you get all that time you would have spent searching free to run more addys, do follow ups etc.... Thats without having them make calls for you. Each theing you have them do frees up time for you, time that will allow you to make more money.

It is entirely up to you what you allow them to do. Its a very good option when you are small and just starting out.

Comment

Patriot:
                    I had good luck with the rental companys in locating debtors. They were usuallyh happy to share info and we dealt with a lot of the same people !

Comment

.../...Time for the searches, time for the follow up, time for the leg work, time for the spotting, time for running the addys and hooking the unit etc.../... Its a very good option when you are small and just starting out.
                      Thanks Patriot, one of these days I'd like to have some time with you on the phone...if that's an option.

Comment

Originally posted by CWM Asset Recovery View Post
                        Patriot:
                        I had good luck with the rental companys in locating debtors. They were usuallyh happy to share info and we dealt with a lot of the same people !
                        Thats very true, good point!

Comment

Thanks Patriot, one of these days I'd like to have some time with you on the phone...if that's an option.
                          Not a problem at all.

Comment

If you were going to give some words of advice to a new / newer repossession agent (less than a year on the job), what would that advice be?

Is there one or more repossessions that you have been on where you had a lesson that you learned that you want to share with our members?
                            List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

Originally posted by ADMIN View Post
                              If you were going to give some words of advice to a new / newer repossession agent (less than a year on the job), what would that advice be?

Is there one or more repossessions that you have been on where you had a lesson that you learned that you want to share with our members?

My advice would be you have 2 eyes, 2 ears, and 1 mouth. Look listen and then speak. Do not think any of that crap on tv is what really happens, in fact look at it more as a great example of how NOT to do this job.

Talk, Dress, and Act professionally.

This job is not about getting crazy and violent with debtors, its more about being cunning and smart and not even having to see or talk to the debtor, unless its when they come to the shop to pick up their property. However if you do have to talk to the debtor you need to know how to talk to people. Talk professionally and respectfully, remember they are people like you, some may be total a-holes, but most are not. Dont ever let this business get personal, it's pure business and that is it. If you let every account get personal you will give yourself a heart attack.

Know the laws inside and out. Federal, State, County, and City in the areas you work. Know what you can and cant do as an agent in the state you are located. Find out where the lines are at, tap dance on that line all day long if you want, but dont ever cross it. People will offer you all kinds of things in this job to get you to leave the colleteral. Dont compromise yourself for anyone, it's not worth it, and once you do there is no going back.

Listen to those who have experience and are veterans in the industry weather they are older or younger than you, weather you like them or not. This industry weeds out the weak really quick, so those that have been around a long time generally know their stuff

Dont be afraid to ask questions. Yes there is such a thing as a stupid question, and we may give you some crap for it, but its not always for the reasons you think. Sometimes its to see how you handle yourself and how you react when someone shoots you down or challenges you. Do you stand up for yourself, or do you tuck your tail and run away. Like I said this industry is not for the weak and you have to have thick skin. Some of it is pure hazing (not in a bad way) because thats how it was done to us. The hazing process breaks down some bad habits so you can replace it with good ones that will benefit you in this industry.

You cant be afraid of long hours, hard work, and working by yourself for lots of time. You have to be self motivated and able to multi task.

This job can also be very rewarding, both personally and professionally. Personally because even though we work long irregular hours there can be a lot of freedom in your schedule. If you have to drop kids off at school, or pick them up not a problem (really depends on your boss though) if your kid has a ball game or a play etc..you can usually adjust your schedule so you dont have to miss it. If any of my employees want to attend any of their kids functions I let them. They have to make that time up, by coming in early, staying late, or woking a split shift, but they get to be there for there kid. No matter what you do for a living, there is nothing, and I mean nothing more important than your family. You cant take it with you ladies and gentlemen but family is forever. As far as professionally rewarding the money is there. This is one of those jobs where you are rewarded by your efforts, and thats the best type of situation to be in. You have huge control over your paycheck. You can make great money in this industry, and weather you do or not is completely up to you.

Last thing for now, is please, please dont think about opening your own agency until you know every facet of this business and have experience doing them. You are liable to go broke, destroy yourself and your family in the process. Being a business owner is not as glamarous as it sounds, and I work harder now then when I was an agent, but I also never lost that hunger and that competetive drive. Good luck to you all, and be a part of the solution, not the problem in this industry.

Comment

I will post some stories on here later today. I forget to answer this part yesterday, sorry bout that.

Comment

Working...
                                X