• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I at least call the bank?

Yes, no or sometimes. (?)

Wots this about?

Comment

ok i get it i think it would depend on the client nv me personally i tell them i am there to pick up the car if it is there i have to pick it up they are welcome to call the bank or anyone else but the car is there and i have to pick it up.

Comment

If we get caught, we let them call but we dont talk to anyone on the phone. We get a full repo fee if we drop the vehicle on spot, sometimes its better not to transport unit back to the yard and deal with the property and redemption. Liability decreases if i drop the car right and then. And the repo fee is exactly the same, storage is the only thing we would miss out on but that is only when we get caught

Comment

That's correct

Originally posted by AssetRecovery View Post
          If we get caught, we let them call but we dont talk to anyone on the phone. We get a full repo fee if we drop the vehicle on spot, sometimes its better not to transport unit back to the yard and deal with the property and redemption. Liability decreases if i drop the car right and then. And the repo fee is exactly the same, storage is the only thing we would miss out on but that is only when we get caught
          I had this happen occasionaly. I always did a condition report on the vehicle and had the debbtor sign a form that stated that their personal property was intact and returned with the vehicle. I also had them sign a copy of the condition report.

I had the assigner give me their name and included it in my report along with date, time , and location.

Remember, you had the vehicle in your control and custody along with their personal property.

You need all the documents signed to release it that you would if you hauled it to the yard.

Comment

I get this a lot, because most of my repos are in the middle of the day. I'll usually say yes, but i can't wait around for more than 5 minutes... If you need any property, you can get it now.

Comment

We record everything and playing the video back could prove that the vehicle was never opened and that no damage was done to the vehicle.

Comment

Just tell them sure, go get your phone and when they go inside take off with it!

List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

my boss always tells me to take the unit before the debtor can pay

Comment

i tell them you hade 3 months to call your bank....Now its too late.

Comment

I just say, "sure you can, but I am taking the car today. It will be safe in my secure storage facility when you get everything worked out."

Comment

I say,"The bank will not accept any payments now that I am here.You can call them to get it back but I am taking it right now.You can get your property and I will tell you what to do to get your car back."

Comment

Working...
                        X