Staff Skip Trace costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staff Skip Trace costs

Question: if you have internal skip tracers, what are you paying them? We pay a per case completed fee to our agents and it ranges from 80 to 125 per asset recovered. I am interested in others input on this because we have grown to 6 FT skip tracers and 3 PT spotters and I think the Skip Agents are paid a bit too high. Thoughts?

Originally posted by ProgressiveSkipTrace View Post
    Question: if you have internal skip tracers, what are you paying them? We pay a per case completed fee to our agents and it ranges from 80 to 125 per asset recovered. I am interested in others input on this because we have grown to 6 FT skip tracers and 3 PT spotters and I think the Skip Agents are paid a bit too high. Thoughts?

pay them hourly.

Comment

Originally posted by ProgressiveSkipTrace View Post

Pay them a set amount Like $300 base plus bonus Incentives on what they Locate for you each week. The more they locate the more the bonus. However, if they don't want to work then your only out the $300 and you will soon see who's working and who's not. I think

Comment

ProgressiveSkipTrace, what kind of skip trace work do your agents usually do? If it's simple database searches that anyone can do then you'd probably wanna take OhioRepo's advice.
        But if they're actually doing real skip trace work, hard skips and all, I think it would pay off for you to follow Frankies advice and give them a *little* sense of accomplishment with each case. Though if you're getting more cases now I can see how that dollar amount would be bothering you a little.
        Maybe you should keep your staff small, only the best, and well paid and happy. That way you make more money because they have incentive to give you results, and you're not paying someone to sit out some hours.
        I think what you're paying them now is really good, but I'd go with bonuses, like Frankies said, because they give intensive with out spoiling them.

Comment

I didn't know skip tracers still existed

I thought they all went extinct.
          I walk through the Valley of Darkness and Fear no evil on a daily basis.

Comment

The terminology probably is a bit archaic. Perhaps if I had lived and struggled through the evolutionary process I'd be more resistant to using out-of-date terms that make the geezers chuckle under their breaths.
            As for me, I'm young and fairly new to this industry and I'm open for suggestions on what to call what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by RealTimeSkips View Post
              The terminology probably is a bit archaic.

Perhaps if I had exposure to a bonafide skiptracer and had seen a real skip tracer skip out an account. One who didn't simply rely on plugging in a social into TLO, Accurant, IRB or any other database engine that has come and gone. A true master. I'd be more incline to understand the humor in the post.

I'd understand the underlying joke that the old geezers (seasoned boots on the ground) were laughing about. And if I had lived through the evolutionary process from a master skip tracer(pre-database) to skip guesser (dependent on databases and GPS history) extraordinaire.

I might know the difference. But, do not.

As for me, I'm young and fairly new to this industry and I'm open for suggestions on what to call what I do.
              There I fixed your post.

As for an answer to you're question. We old geezers call you skip guessers and/or customer service representative.

The addresses you push out usually increases ten fold when the new phone books are published and delivered.

But, seriously, you would have to see a true skip tracer to know what one is....very few exist these days.

Comment

LMAO! You couldn't be farther from the truth. I don't work for a company and I don't rely on databases. Real-Time locations is the info I provide, and, though my business and marketing (lack of) skills are holding me back, I am better at locating hard skips REAL-TIME than you could possibly imagine. You won't get my info from some dated database. lol
                I came to this forum because I want to learn how to expand, my gigs are few and far between lately and I figured if I want to keep steady work I need to do repos (as in skip trace for repomen). I'm 34, and yes, that is young...

Comment

Originally posted by RealTimeSkips View Post
                  LMAO! You couldn't be farther from the truth. I don't work for a company and I don't rely on databases. Real-Time locations is the info I provide, and, though my business and marketing (lack of) skills are holding me back, I am better at locating hard skips REAL-TIME than you could possibly imagine. You won't get my info from some dated database. lol
                  I came to this forum because I want to learn how to expand, my gigs are few and far between lately and I figured if I want to keep steady work I need to do repos (as in skip trace for repomen). I'm 34, and yes, that is young...
                  I for one respect humility, honesty and someone with a good sense of humor.

Comment

I guess I did get my hackles up, it's just being accused of being a Skip-Bot is more repulsive than if you'd accused me of boiling babies for breakfast or something!

Comment

Working...
                    X