Dysfunctional Veterans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dysfunctional Veterans

so, I was in the army from 2006 till 2011 active duty, got out and got recalled to the guard to put together a mortar platoon as I was an e5 11c when I was active duty. they kept me until last September when my contract ended.... finally...
    anyway when I moved home I became family friends with the owners of another tow company through their, at the time 18 year old son who was about to go active duty as a mechanic. dude had everything going for him, he just wanted to serve. fuckin hoah. well me and him became best friends, hes been home a couple times since but I remember what it was like when I left. all my friends forgot about me and when I came home finally 8 years later, no one was here. well I made new friends and allen was one of them. I make it a point to call him at least once a week to talk to him and make him feel like we haven't forgot him. I don't want him to have to go through that.
    today we were talking and I was telling him about a DV moment I had and it gave me an idea. why not throw a thread in here about the DV moments I have so yall can get a little laugh about the struggle of adjusting to the civilian world for us veterans because that's how I choose to deal with the struggle, by laughing and enjoying the moments.
    todays story:
    I had some time around lunch and a bunch of my younger friends were getting together at a local buffalo wild wings. this one girl showed up that we all cant stand, just nobody has the balls to say it. today that kinda changed.... and I say kinda in the same context as saying something like hitler was kinda an *******...
    well this girl and another gal in our group are having a spat. whatever, I usually don't care, just today I couldn't take it anymore. what brought me to this point was her saying, "like I sware to god, the next time I see her im going to run her over and just say oops she walked out in front of me."
    I looked at her and everyone got quiet.
    "do you hear yourself talking... like ever?"
    she looked all confused and said what.
    then it happened... the veteran came out, "i sware to god if I was your mouth I would kill myself and pray to god I was reincarnated as a dogs *** because THAT would be more productive than having to be stuck on your face! you are easily one of the nicest people I know, kind hearted, but you try SO hard to be cool you don't realize that you actually annoy the **** out of EVERYONE! people use you because they don't have a car or don't have your daddys credit card and you think they actually like you for running around acting like a stuck up hot ***** that youre not! and im sorry that no one has been actually honest with you about this till now!"
    he jaw dropped as everyone kept quiet.
    she kept on acting like she was going to say something bitchy back so I took it from her with, "i sware to god you better close your mouth before I hate **** it until you realize its not a chicken wing, suffocate slowly and die."
    at this point she said **** you and walked off all pissed. now normally I pride myself on treating the gals in my life good but you don't know how long this has been building up or what alls lead to this. trust me, she deserved every word. when she left our mutual friend Caitlyn said, "i hope youre happy *******."
    I fired back with, "i am happy because im not a dishonest friend who uses her then says the same **** everyone else does behind her back. I may be an *** hole, but one thing that no one can say is im a liar."

now the point of this thread is to share stories of our veteran moments, whether its in the field, or just with friends, whatever. not bragging about being an *** hole, just talking about how we use unorthodox methods to tell people why theyre stupid

I spent 15 yrs in the Army and medically retired in 2013 as a SFC. After 3 years in iraq and time as Senior Drill Sergeant 2010-2012, i pretty much have a veteran moment every day that i own my recovery company. I have very little patience for people that wanna give me some sob story about how they couldnt make thier payment as i look at a bunch of shopping bags from prada etc. In the back seat

Comment

I've been in the recovery business since 1994. Absolutely hate what it's become.

Twenty years ago it was fantastic business to be in.....now if you bill twenty grand your paying twenty grand.

I wish all you new guys well.

I am actively looking for the back door. Something that actually makes money.
      I walk through the Valley of Darkness and Fear no evil on a daily basis.

Comment

Working...
      X