Best Gun For Concealed Carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Gun For Concealed Carry?

I carry a 38 S&W in an ankle holster. No one sees it and it is comfortable.

In your opinion, what revolver or pistol do you prefer?

Is it good for concealment?

Where do you or would you carry it?

This can be when you are working or if you are off!
    On the hip in a holster
    38.10%
    Tucked in my belt
    14.29%
    In a shoulder holster
    0.00%
    In an ankle holster
    9.52%
    In my truck under the seat, glove box or door pocket
    9.52%
    Can't find it, but it must be somewhere in my truck
    4.76%
    I never carry a gun
    23.81%

No need for a gun. No one would hurt an old man like me!

Comment

Glock 27 with an extended mag. nice and compact

Comment

I carry a Bersa 380. its a copy of a Walther PPK, but not as expensive. i also gots a M-60 mounted on the truck!

Comment

Funny you should ask. Nothing beats a GLOCK!!! I know, I carry 2 at all times. Model 27 on my side / Model 22 for back up. Tough as nails and capable of driving them as well. I refer to mine as a "cordless drill" - 40 cal. Ya KNOW!!!

Comment

^ Carrying two these day?
            List your auto repossession business in our directory

Click here

Comment

Got two hands!!!

Comment

I carried a S&W 38 S snub with Crimsion Trace sights for years. I carryed it on my hip in a retention holster concealed under my overt ballistic vest.

Comment

Where is the pistol grip shotgun option?

Comment

in florida it is illegal to carry a fire arm.if they find one in your truck it is a felony. and bob here they dont care how old you are they will try to put it on you any way. i prefer 50,000 volt cattle prod if nesessary. only used it once in 11 yrs. and it does remove there feet from the ground....

Comment

Fl Concealed Carry

I thought that in Fl it was a violation of the licenseing regulations governing "Repossesion Agents" to carry a fire arm while conducting a repossesion. This would not be a 'Felony" but only a violation of a regulation that could result in loseing your license to repo vehicles in the state of Fl.
                      FL has a Concealed carry license that is available to any non-felon in the state of FL provided they can pass the FBI background test and take the required training! So which is it , a violation of the law , carrieing a year or more in the pen or a violation of a licenseing regulation resulting in the loss of the licence?

Comment

Best concealed carry

Originally posted by CWM Asset Recovery View Post
                        I carried a S&W 38 S snub with Crimsion Trace sights for years. I carryed it on my hip in a retention holster concealed under my overt ballistic vest.
                        As a bail bondsman and fugitive recovery agent living in VA. I open carry this same weapon ( with the crimsion trace ) on my hip. However I am considering adding a Glock 17 to my repertoire. The repo forum has so much in common with BEA agents..the search information and problems you encounter are very similar.
                        However I almost believe that repo-ing a vehicle has a stronger emotional charge than collecting a fugitive, because the fugitive has been down that road before and realizes his/her limitations within the law, whereas a civilian getting his or her car repo'd does not know or care.
                        Jenifer

Comment

cattle prod/ stun gun

Originally posted by smooth View Post
                          in florida it is illegal to carry a fire arm.if they find one in your truck it is a felony. and bob here they dont care how old you are they will try to put it on you any way. i prefer 50,000 volt cattle prod if nesessary. only used it once in 11 yrs. and it does remove there feet from the ground....
                          Less than lethal is (no such thing as non lethal) stun guns can be very intimidating. I have a 800K volt 18 inch stun baton..with metal strips on both sides in the event someone attempts to grab it out of my hands.
                          So far I have never had to use it, but keep it under my car seat 24/7 or carry it unobtrusively like a flashlight, if I feel the need. The prongs on the end are not that obvious.
                          Best $65 I have spent on safety equipment.

Comment

Deadly Force

Originally posted by beacatcher View Post
                            As a bail bondsman and fugitive recovery agent living in VA. I open carry this same weapon ( with the crimsion trace ) on my hip. However I am considering adding a Glock 17 to my repertoire. The repo forum has so much in common with BEA agents..the search information and problems you encounter are very similar.
                            However I almost believe that repo-ing a vehicle has a stronger emotional charge than collecting a fugitive, because the fugitive has been down that road before and realizes his/her limitations within the law, whereas a civilian getting his or her car repo'd does not know or care.
                            Jenifer
                            Prior to becomeing a Repo Agent , I was a deputy sheriff and served many arrest warrants. I adveraged an armed incident per month as a Repossession agent. It was more dangerous than being a deputy sheriff . Most repossession agents have no training regarding the use of leathal force. Most carry a firearm ! While I am a strong supporter of the second admendment, I also belive you should be aware of the ramnifications of carrying a firearm for self defence. When you strap on a firearm , you become a gunfighter! You have lost the ability to just lose a fight. what may have been a scuffle , now becomes a potentialy leathal life & death struggle! Retaining a weapon is very difficult to do even when it is in a tripple retention holster. Twentyfive precent of the officers killed in the line of duty , die at the muzzle of their own weapon. Getting the picture yet? The laws regarding self defence and the use of leathal force varrie from state to state. Misconceptions abound. As a repossession agent you do not have the benifit of a doubt that a police officer is accorded. You will have to literally prove you were justified in useing leathal force ! It ain't as cut and dried as glib remarks and bumper stickers make it out to be!

Comment

Amen CWM. I a 2nd amend supporter as well. I am a gun owner. I've heard all the talk about "I'm going home at the end of the day..." etc. I have never carried on the job, and have never wished I had one with me. I can run faster scared than a debtor can pissed off. BTW if your insurance provider gets wind that you or your agents carry, it"s bye-bye insurance. Those who wish to carry should keep it quiet, and well hidden. One call from an angry debtor to his bank about the "guy with the gun, who threatened him", and you can say goodbye to major lenders as well. If something happens and you need to involve insurance, they will look for any excuse to not pay. Check your policy, but I'll bet firearms would provide more than enough reason to deny a claim. I know of no policy that allows for carry of weapons of any kind. It is an automatic breach of the rules you agreed to abide by.
                              Last edited by ALSCO Phoenix; 12-28-2008, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X